Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

jaykhunter wrote: »

Listen, i'll just spoiler everything.
    And who was Molly looking for (she had a picture of a brunette)? She knew someone in Crawford, so was she kicked out?
    Maybe this part plays out differently depending on the questions you ask, but she explains it all to you towards the end of the chapter in Crawford.
    Plus you find a videotape as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Ugh I cannot get it to download onto my PC, damn servers must be jammed :(

I'm so impatient :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Might play it this evening, if I don't, it could be Sunday before I get to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Regarding the very end statistic "who came with"
    I told kenny to go F*ck himself, instead of saying "I NEED you" ....but now I have the feeling he won't be in the next episode with me,,,,I'm hoping that's not the case

I'm also disgusted Lee got bitten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

F1ngers wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU

Whoop-de-fcuking-doo...:(
    At least we actually have a date this time around. I don't mind waiting; I bought Arkham City during the summer and haven't even started it yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Compared to the other episodes this one seems a bit of a lul. The twist at the end is a little out of the left field.

Well played it all through in one sitting last night. Brilliant, yet again.
    The Clock Tower section was great, when we were leaving out the window, the ol guy said something like "ye didn't happen to come in by the railroad did ye?, oh no reason"....what the hell was that about?
    Anyways, gutted for Lee. That was awful.

Told Kenny to Go F**K himself, I was roaring it at the TV even before the option came up. How quick that prick was to forget everything Lee has done for him, sided with him 100% in ep1, in ep2, we were definitely at odds, didn't side with him on the Larry choice, and was sound to him in Ep3 and Ep4 depsite him being a pain. When Lee goes down, I hope Kenny does too
    Also, I saved Ben, he deserved another chance, but then he didn't back me up in the end, only Omar and the annoying woman did

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The Clock Tower section was great, when we were leaving out the window, the ol guy said something like "ye didn't happen to come in by the railroad did ye?, oh no reason"....what the hell was that about?

Really glad someone else picked up on this.
    I reckon he saw that train, and kept it in the back of his mind as an escape plan; hence why we find his bunker empty.

Anyone else think Christa
    is pregnant? The signs are there. Got sick very easily, quickly said what the sonogram was, Omid immediately asking her if she was ok? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

So, a number of people/reviews have mentioned that this feels like it could be filler, or that this one lulled a bit, etc. I think this is intentional (not the filler thing). This is deliberately slower paced in my opinion, to highlight the hopelessness of the situation.
    Ben fails to protect Clem, Old man Chuck dies in a sewer, Kenny is emotionally ruined, Crawford shows how society can/could break down. We have a scene where Lee must kill and bury a child with his dog after he starved to death. This episode very deliberately shows just how bleak everything is. While the episodes up to now weren't sunshine and lollypops, this is relentless, and to top it all off, Lee gets bitten. It dangles the carrot in front of you that we might get somewhere, things might be 'ok', then takes it all away.

I can't ever remember playing a game that I felt this involved in. It's peerless in that respect.

Anyone else think Christa
    is pregnant? The signs are there. Got sick very easily, quickly said what the sonogram was, Omid immediately asking her if she was ok? Seems like a no-brainer to me.

Almost definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just a little question...
    Is everyone sure that Lee was bitten ? Because I was sure he cut himself on the garbage can... Maybe it's just wishful thinking...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

These spoilers are killing me :( wont be able to play it until at least next week as I'm away :( though I've been good and not read any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't read any of the spoilers until I play through each level at least 3 times :p

Only played through Episode 4 once now.
    Oh the ending!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Remember the end of episode 3? Huge undead herd chasing the train along the railway line? Id say the doctor spotted the herd arriving into town along the railway line. Which would explain his groups rapid departure from their holdout. And how Episode 4 closes with a huge group of walkers being heard outside.
    Also: Left Ben to die - it was fate. Sorry, Ben, but if you find an axe being used to barricade a door and figure you should remove it you're too dumb to live a long life anyway. He's indirectly caused the deaths of at least 3, potentially 4, characters through his incompetence and spends most of the time sulking with a bad attitude. Why waste time keeping him around so he can finish off a few more of the survivors?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Can't believe I haven't found this thread before now.

This game. :eek:

I think the last time I got so hooked on a game was Fallout 3!
    Christa is 100% preggers. Has to be.

The train brought 100's of walkers with the noise, they were seen shuffling along after it. However, as for using it as an escape, I don't know, wasn't that the end of the line? I don't know if the cancer survivors would know how to use a switching/turning point, I know I wouldn't.

Ben. I tried to keep him around for so long, but damn it was too easy to let him sacrifice himself.

Shame Molly fecked off, I liked her.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wow what a kick in the bolllocks it was in the end for Lee :( with the this being renewed for a sequel /second season next year I was hoping we'd at least cross paths with Clem and Lee again and now he gets bitten ......I was so pissed off, If i'd have known that i'd have dropped Ben, I saved him i felt bad just killing him and don't think Clem would have approved either as for the guy on the other end of the walkie anyone have any ideas ? I'd thought maybe Lilly but its a guy obviously and I murdered both of the St John guys so can't be them...

can't wait for the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope the next season will allow for more diverging paths. Like picking Carly or Doug in Episode one was wiped clean early enough in Episode three. I was a bit disappointed that
    the great new character Molly leaves no matter what you do
    . I suppose it's necessary to make sure the story won't spiral out of control from the writers' perspective but it'd give gamers even more replay value.

For episode 5, I really hope some of the choices made in the earlier eps come back full circle. Sometimes it feels that although the game tells you it adapts to your choices and 'X noticed that' etc it feels that it doesn't really matter. Also I really want a host of different endings, that a chain of decisions are made. Here's hoping for the best episode yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Need to let it settle but son of a bítch that was a great episode. Literally just finished it and I can't wait for the next one. What a hook.

Choices were
    Killed the kid
    Honest with Vernon
    Brought Clem
    Let Ben fall
    Revealed the bite

Ooh the bit with the different group set ups is awesome. I got Christa and Omid. Feel bad that I know that I could have saved Ben but screw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Not listed in 'new this week' section, but I just searched for Walking Dead episode 4 and it is up, I'm downloading now. I'm talking about EU PSN obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

blaa85 wrote: »
    Not listed in 'new this week' section, but I just searched for Walking Dead episode 4 and it is up, I'm downloading now. I'm talking about EU PSN obviously.

Was it not released the day before the xbox one, this month?

Over a week ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

Was it not released the day before the xbox one, this month?

Over a week ago?

Nah, that was probably the US. It's always about a week later for EU PSN users.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

blaa85 wrote: »

Downloading it myself.
    Search function not working for me - none of the Walking Dead episodes appeared when I searched "walking".
    Found it in the Latest Games section.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Finally. That's this evenings entertainment sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Ok just over half way through the interviews with the cast I am taking a break to work on finishing the last 5-6.

So far Lee, Clementine, Lilly, Kenny, Katjaa, Danny st. John, Christa and Omid have all spoken to us and can be found here to view. No spoilers past Ep 3.

http://www.bone-idle.ie/index.php/category/interviews/the-walking-dead-interview-hub/

Still to come Ben, Carly, Molly, Director of Episode 4 and the sound director who put them all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Do you get a brow-beating from the old man at the end of the episode no matter what? I've played it twice and he complained about two different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just finished my first play through there, think it took me around 2 and a half hours.

Thought it was the best episode yet, some very disturbing moments :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Just finished Episode 4 now

Wow, did not see that ending coming,
    I was cautious enough to check behind the bins before reaching for the radio but was obviously still bitten.
    I still think the guy behind it is
    one of the St John brothers

As for choices,
    I left Clem back at the house. In retrospect maybe not the wisest move with a stalker on the loose, but at the time I was only thinking of keeping her away from Crawford. Only 20% decided to do that though, which I was surprised at
    I said I wanted Ben out of the group, but then saved him at the end. Whatever mistakes he made, I never wanted to kill him, just leave him behind to fend for himself
    I told them I was bitten; Kenny and Ben stayed behind, Christa and Omid came with me. I was never part of the anti-Kenny group on this forum, I mostly looked out for him and gave him some leeway, but after all that he still leaves me? Now he can go fcuk himself
    jaykhunter wrote: »
    Do you get a brow-beating from the old man at the end of the episode no matter what? I've played it twice and he complained about two different things.
    No, I didn't; first I said I was sorry for what happened to his friend, then said he had a good point about Clem, and then asked for time to think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Finished it on Friday, really enjoyed this episode. Thought it was a bit jittery (PS3) at times, and had a fair few more loading screens than previous episodes, but other than that was brilliant.

I had to let Ben fall, what a tit that guy was. Nearly got us all killed on so many occasions!

Really looking forward to episode 5 now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I really hope the collector edition gets a european release:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

F1ngers wrote: »
    I really hope the collector edition gets a european release:
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/21/the-walking-dead-the-game-retail-bundle-details

I just hope the retail game gets a EU release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only finished Episode 4 now. F*ck you Telltale
    for that ending
    !!!!!!!!!! :mad:

My choices were:
    Killed boy in the attic
    Honest with Vernon
    Brought Clem
    Saved Ben
    Hid my bite
    I was thinking I need help to find Clem and would sacrifice others to make sure she was found. Turns out me and only 20% hid the bite.

I went to vote in the Golden Joystick awards but this wasn't in the GOTY category so they can go f*ck themselves.
    Ya Ben was an absolute dope but couldn't let him fall. Plus it pissed off Kenny so bonus points. Kenny and Ben came with me in the end.

Just brilliant stuff out of Telltale, they really made something special and that limited edition version coming out is absolutely class.
    All I keep thinking now is who I leave Clem with when I'm gone. I wanted to go look for her parents but who knows, there might be a happy ending for her yet.

Advertisement