Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There is also an update (PS3) that fixes the Save corruption issue and restores lost save files. Hasn't happened me but will be worth booting it up again if it happened you.

The second TWD novel 'Road to Woodbury' is out a couple of weeks and focuses on Lilly. I'm on the last few chapters of Rise of the Governor so I tried not looking into the new one too much but I'm hearing Lilly has a different back story than the game and seems to be a different character altogether. The game was supposed to be canon to the comic but there seems to be a contradiction here.

Really looking forward to the new The Walking Dead forum so we can talk about game, tv show, comic and novels in one place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

sheehy83 wrote: »

The second TWD novel 'Road to Woodbury' is out a couple of weeks and focuses on Lilly. I'm on the last few chapters of Rise of the Governor so I tried not looking into the new one too much but I'm hearing Lilly has a different back story than the game and seems to be a different character altogether. The game was supposed to be canon to the comic but there seems to be a contradiction here.

Really looking forward to the new The Walking Dead forum so we can talk about game, tv show, comic and novels in one place.

I'll need to buy them off Amazon.
    Re-reading the normal walking dead, as I bought the 2nd compendium the other week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The second TWD novel 'Road to Woodbury'....
    SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'll need to buy them off Amazon....

I found two compendiums and two novels on amazon.

Anything else required?(Apart from the comics not in the compendiums).

Is there a B&M place in Dublin to buy?(doubt it, no harm in asking).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

F1ngers wrote: »

I've seen the first novel and the first conpendium in Eason's on O'Connell street. This was before either of the others were out.

Also I imagine any of the comic shops will stock them.

I'm fairly certain that's it. The second conpendium catches up with the individual comics.

I actually don't remember Lily at all from the comics. I think I'm going to have to reread them all. Oh noes :D

Orim wrote: »
    I actually don't remember Lily at all from the comics. I think I'm going to have to reread them all. Oh noes :D

She was part of the
    Governor's crew and place a vital part with the Governor and Rick

• Advertisement

Could be hard finding them, only out recently the 2nd one is.
    Also, with regards to the shipping on amazon, the express is 1-3 days, but its like 20 dollars extra, I opted for the normal (about 5er)..and it shipped and arrived 2 days later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

when is the fifth one out ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    when is the fifth one out ?

Novemberish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Finally got around to play ep 4 today

I assume there was no way to avoid the end events ?

The only thing I regret over 4 episodes now was not being meaner to
    kenny
    I was always middle ground or sometimes supportive.

So I was told
    I'm on my own by him
    at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I don't really believe Kenny is supposed to be a sympathetic character. Either you are his poodle, in which case he likes you. Or you fail to support him even once even when he is being unreasonably crazy - in which case he happily leaves you to be zombie fodder.

Essentially, Kenny is the other Alpha male in the game. Either you follow him without question, or he hates you. Not an equal relationship. Beta males try to kid themselves that he is your friend and makes excuses for him basically being a git. I've seen off Lilly's Dad and Ben on the list of gits so far. Kenny isn't going to survive Episode 5 if I get a choice.

• Advertisement

Sand wrote: »
    I don't really believe Kenny is supposed to be a sympathetic character. Either you are his poodle, in which case he likes you. Or you fail to support him even once even when he is being unreasonably crazy - in which case he happily leaves you to be zombie fodder.

Essentially, Kenny is the other Alpha male in the game. Either you follow him without question, or he hates you. Not an equal relationship. Beta males try to kid themselves that he is your friend and makes excuses for him basically being a git. I've seen off Lilly's Dad and Ben on the list of gits so far. Kenny isn't going to survive Episode 5 if I get a choice.

Not looking good for
    Lee
    either.

Amputation is an option I guess. Failing that, at least I take an ungrateful bitter honky tonk with me. I'll be dammed if Kenny shall inherit the earth.

The point of spoiler tags is lost with the above post.

Amputation is an option I guess. Failing that, at least I take an ungrateful bitter honky tonk with me. I'll be dammed if Kenny shall inherit the earth

ah dude, spoiler tag up them replies there

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

calex71 wrote: »
    ah dude, spoiler tag up them replies there

Spoiler tag your quoted bit too! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Just starting Episode 3 now. Very, very good so far, but I wouldn't really be calling it a game - more of an interactive story, but I digress. I've been meaning to start this for ages, but I finally did the other day, and definitely not disappointed. I plan to take Ep 3 and 4 slow enough that 5 will be out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

haha yeah you won't be able to stop playing it once you start lol

I don't mind using spoiler tags prior to release or shortly after it, but its a bit overdone weeks later. By that point, any stragglers who are desperate to avoid spoilers but spend their time trawling through threads devoted to the game are just going to have to cowboy up.

I'd nearly agree if all formats, ps3, xbox & pc were released at the same time but the ps3 verison can be delayed up to 2 weeks and because it can take different people different amount of times to play through it, it will be hard to put a deadline on it when spoilers don't need to be hidden.

I think it's fine the way it is but just my opinion.

It's mad how this game was going to be based in Woodbury in Episode 3 based on trophies but a patch changed the trophies before that epsiode was released. Would have been cool to see The
    Governor
    in this game.

I don't mind using spoiler tags prior to release or shortly after it, but its a bit overdone weeks later. By that point, any stragglers who are desperate to avoid spoilers but spend their time trawling through threads devoted to the game are just going to have to cowboy up.

The difference is this is not Episode1, so that would be understandable.

Episode 4 only came out recently, so most/all recent posts are fresh and referring to said episode.

It will be the same when ep5 comes out, all spoilers should be spoilered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just finished episode 4, only got the game Wednesday so have quite enjoyed it.
    I let Ben die, never liked him, and have wanted to kill him since he caused Carly's death (only person outside of Clem, or well Glenn, I actually liked). Left Lilly behind after that happened so was nice to finally get payback on Ben. Now I'm just waiting on a chance to get Kenny killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

haha yeah you won't be able to stop playing it once you start lol

You were right. Just finished Episode 4!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

Fantastic stuff.

**** you Larry Ben Vernon Kenny and anyone else who disagrees with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

AFAIK There's a forbidden planet in Dublin, could be wrong.

AFAIK There's a forbidden planet in Dublin, could be wrong.

There is, along Aston Quay, just over the Ha'Penny bridge and to the left (Southside)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I'm just happy that before I die, I got the chance to tell Larry to **** Off. The slimy little sob tries to kill me every chance he gets.

The Episode 4 Choises video is out. Really raging I
    hid the bite at the end. Looks like I could have getting everyone to go with me if I showed it to them.

Obvious spoilers are obvious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Guess we'll be seeing the fifth episode next week or early the following week. I'm assuming they won't be doing a simultaneous release for the series and final episode. Think this has been my GOTY, I get excited whenever I see the topic bumped.. :P

#TheWalkingDead Season Finale from @telltalegames hits 11/20 PSN NA, 11/21 PSN EU, XBLA, PC/MAC, & iOS. #ForClementine pic.twitter.com/vbYWoLUy

https://twitter.com/telltalegames

• Advertisement

Excellent, no delay on EU PSN! Man Ep 5 is gonna be a tough one!!

Advertisement