Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent, no delay on EU PSN! Man Ep 5 is gonna be a tough one!!

Both can't wait to play it and dreading playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

If they knock Ep. 5 out of the park, my GOTY will be between this and Journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Otacon wrote: »
    If they knock Ep. 5 out of the park, my GOTY will be between this and Journey.

Already my GOTY :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Never before has a game series sparked so much debate for me. I always spend ages down the pub discussing it with friends after we've played through the latest episode. Probably one of the most emotional games I've ever played too. Love it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I am conflicted - I want to play the final episode, and yet at the same time I utterly dread it. There will be no happy ending, all we can hope for is a bittersweet one :(

Give 'em hell Lee, just make sure Clems safe & sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The only awards I vote in are the only important ones, Boards Games awards of course but I am actually gonna vote in Spike awards this year. Here is a full list of nominations for TWD. Deserves every one of em! Well except maybe studio of the year but then I can't think of a studio I would vote for.

BEST OVERALL GAME OF THE YEAR
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

Studio of the Year - Telltale Games
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/studio-of-the-year

Best Performance by a Female - Melissa Hutchison, Clementine
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-performance-by-a-human-female

Best Performance by a Male - Dave Fennoy, Lee Everett
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-performance-by-a-human-male

Best Adapted Video Game
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-adapted-video-game

Best Downloadable Game
    http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/best-downloadable-game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'd say it will come down to Journey or Walking Dead. I doubt a psn/xbox live game has ever got game of the year before? I picked Walking Dead anyway, and Journey for the rest where I could.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I'd say it will come down to Journey or Walking Dead. I doubt a psn/xbox live game has ever got game of the year before? I picked Walking Dead anyway, and Journey for the rest where I could.

You'd like to think so, but I think ME3 will get it even though people were in uproar about the ending.
    I'm delighted that COD didnt get a chance to get in on the GOTY award.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm scared of what Episode 5 will do...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

cant wait, i just hope its not some huge anti climax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to play it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Anyone know how this runs on a laptop? I've a Core i5, 6GB RAM, and I think a ATI HD7470M or something like that. I would assume the processor and memory are alright, not sure about the graphics card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

danthefan wrote: »
    Anyone know how this runs on a laptop? I've a Core i5, 6GB RAM, and I think a ATI HD7470M or something like that. I would assume the processor and memory are alright, not sure about the graphics card though.
    I have a weaker laptop and it ran Jurassic park just fine and I'd say this is less intensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Hawke wrote: »
    I have a weaker laptop and it ran Jurassic park just fine and I'd say this is less intensive.

Yeah it will run just fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Cheers, thanks. Shame it doesn't support cloud saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I' m running it on a Toshiba Sat L850 with 8gb and an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card. Works great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Not long to go now. Anyone care to make any predictions?

Personally, I think we're going to find Clems parents and it's going to turn that they're scientists and they have a cure and everything is going to be okay. Just fine and dandy. Just perfect :(

Orim wrote: »

Yeah, I'd say we will find Clems parents and Lee will save them. Then one of the most upsetting
    gaming deaths of the year
    . Man this has to be played Wednesday night and not stopped until finished. F*ck you Telltale!! :mad:

Personally, I think we're going to find Clems parents and it's going to turn that they're scientists and they have a cure and everything is going to be okay. Just fine and dandy. Just perfect :(

Have you read the Novels ? Things don't go according to plan like that.
    I expect a massive Cliffhanger and a "coming in Season 2 - etc etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I might be a little late with this.
    Just played EP2 yesterday. At the beginning of it I was getting a bit sick of the slow pace,
    walking around the motel yard talking to everyone and deciding who to give food to, even though it wasn't going to have any impact on the story.
    But I kept going and I have to say WOW it really picked up so much. The story in EP2 was far better than 1, it was longer and it feels like your decisions had far greater consequences than they did in EP1.

Hopefully things keep up the pace in the next few episodes. I'd love to do a few runs through to see what impact each decision has but I don't know if I could as there were so many and it will get very long trying to reply all 5 episodes :o

• Advertisement

Fluffy, wait til you play episode 3....and then episode 4.... and I'm sure ep 5 will be a cracker. Game just keeps getting better as it goes. After ep 5 is out, it will be interesting to see a poll for everyones favourite episode.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have you read the Novels ? Things don't go according to plan like that.
    I expect a massive Cliffhanger and a "coming in Season 2 - etc etc"

That was meant to be a joke prediction hence the repetition of the "it's going to be okay" stuff at the end and the sad face.

I really hope we don't get a cliffhanger for season 2. I'd rather close it out and have season 2 be it's own beast.

Yeah they should end this storyline to top off the GOTY. I just hope the game doesn't follow the TV Show format and turn sh*t for the 2nd season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yeah, I'd say we will find Clems parents and Lee will save them. Then one of the most upsetting
    . Man this has to be played Wednesday night and not stopped until finished. F*ck you Telltale!! :mad:
    It's annoying that Clem won't find her parents though, the message on the phone in her house in Episode 1
    :(

Cannot wait for Ep 5 now. It will be a one sitting playthrough I suspect as well!

Thinking about this. I can see us finding Clems parents but the choice being to sacrifice Lee to save her parents.
    We know it's possible to survive a bite with a bit of arm chopping off.

Thinking about this. I can see us finding Clems parents but the choice being to sacrifice Lee to save her parents.

It would be good if you had a choice like that ,you or the parents, but I just don't see a good ending for
    Lee

Bone-idle.ie posted a link to voting TWD for the Spike game awards on their facebook page and the actors that voice Clem and Danny St. John (from Ep 2) left comments. Was fairly cool.

Clem "Melissa Hutchison Wow!! Thank you so much!!! I am still in a bit of shock...Voicing Clementine has been such an amazing, fulfilling experience. I am so thrilled this game is getting the recognition it very well deserves!!! This goes for you too Brian Sommer!!!!"

I asked Brian Sommer (Danny) if he would be returning in Ep 5 "The answer is ........ (Please stand by, we are experiencing technical difficulties)"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Does the group in the game know this? Even if they did, they don't really have the supplies to keep someone alive after
    cutting off a limb

Mr. K wrote: »
    Does the group in the game know this? Even if they did, they don't really have the supplies to keep someone alive after
    cutting off a limb

It hasn't come up but someone might give it a go. Supplies could be an issue but in the last episode
    the group found the doctor who could help and took medicine and supplies from Crawford.

It hasn't come up but someone might give it a go. Supplies could be an issue but in the last episode
    the group found the doctor who could help and took medicine and supplies from Crawford.

If it were any other character
    that got bitten
    Lee and Kenny would probably argue and decide to kill that person
    for preventative measures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Doesn't
    surviving a bite with amputation generally depend on the amputation being done instantly
    ?

Advertisement