Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Downloaded this yesterday and started it but I'm not very far in it.
    Just after the car crash at the beginning.

I'm just wondering what are people's opinions/recommendations on the standard or minimal UI? I picked standard but does it hold your hand too much or is minimal better?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Paul1990 wrote: »
    Downloaded this yesterday and started it but I'm not very far in it.
    Just after the car crash at the beginning.

I'm just wondering what are people's opinions/recommendations on the standard or minimal UI? I picked standard but does it hold your hand too much or is minimal better?

I picked minimum UI. IMO minimum would be better because if the game kept telling me that 'Clem didn't like what I said' I would just keep quitting and loading up a previous save.

This game is best played just making a decision and sticking with it. I made some bad decisions but glad I kept going.

PS. Most decisions will be bad decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I picked minimum UI. IMO minimum would be better because if the game kept telling me that 'Clem didn't like what I said' I would just keep quitting and loading up a previous save.

This game is best played just making a decision and sticking with it. I made some bad decisions but glad I kept going.

PS. Most decisions will be bad decisions.

Not really i went with standard only a few occasions clem wasn't happy with my decisions but she always understood why.

Its also interesting to see which way the person took the message or how they reacted. (which you kinda know there gonna go that way anyhow).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished this now. I'm sure I've more questions but 1 that sticks out is
    When did Lee find out Christa was pregnant? It was implied but he was never tole in my playthrough. Yet when it got to crossing the sign, he made a comment about her carrying for 2 or something along those lines.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

"Anything is possible," he said. "We're talking through different scenarios, though I don't think we've talked through one where we just start with a new set of characters.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/7/3963786/weighing-the-choices-for-the-walking-dead-season-two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,739 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't know. I'd almost like to see a brand new set of characters. Part of the enjoyment of the story is what happens at the start of the outbreak and how they learn to adjust to what is essentially a new world. I'd prefer to see a new set of characters at the start of the outbreak, but having that story intersect with the Season 1 story.
    Or maybe have Omid and Christa as part of the group and show them leaving, or have Lily join the group after having left in Episode 3 (her reactions could be based on what decisions you made in Season 1)

The best thing about this game was that after each episode, it showed statistics for the choices made during. It felt good knowing I wasn't the only cold hearted bastard out there.

The best thing about this game was that after each episode, it showed statistics for the choices made during. It felt good knowing I wasn't the only cold hearted bastard out there.

Though there was still that feeling where you realise you were in the minority in making some choice and you start to question everything you did and if you were wrong.

Those statistics were a double-edged sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah I did actually like that feature and for most of them I was in the majority (usually between 50% + 70%) but there was a few hard decisions I made where I was well in the minorities (30% or less
    think it was head crush with a salt block :p
    ).

I also took a picture of the end of game sequence that listed all your characters and what happend etc. Will be handy for checking in case of a sequel in which some may reappear so at least I'll know why they are pissed at me/wanting to kill me!

I always wondered if it said something about me or the majority when my decision was in the minority and I felt it was the right decision.
    Of course I chose to shoot Duck myself. I would like to say because it was to help Kenny and Kat, but really it was because the game was allowing me to shoot one of the most annoying characters in the game. :mad:

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I always wondered if it said something about me or the majority when my decision was in the minority and I felt it was the right decision.
    Of course I chose to shoot Duck myself. I would like to say because it was to help Kenny and Kat, but really it was because the game was allowing me to shoot one of the most annoying characters in the game. :mad:
    I thought Duck was annoying too, until the start of Episode 3, where he referred to us as Batman and Robin, then when I gave him a high-5, it said at the top "Duck thinks you are incredibly awesome". Then I loved him. Still shot him though, but it was genuinely to help Kenny and Katya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I played through Ep 1 when it was first released and Duck really did annoy me then but having only played through all 5 episodes recently I really grew to like Duck and was sad when he died (more for his family then him though). I also shot him but once again it was more for his family then my dislike for him!

Early on in the game I made my bed with Ducks family (backed them for everything) and decided to stick with them to the very end (that didn't go so well!).
    I also decided to stick with Carley so was really gutted by what happend to her. It led to me leaving Lily to die and to killing Ben which ended being as satisfying to me as your murder of Duck.

Penn wrote: »
    I thought Duck was annoying too, until the start of Episode 3, where he referred to us as Batman and Robin, then when I gave him a high-5, it said at the top "Duck thinks you are incredibly awesome". Then I loved him. Still shot him though, but it was genuinely to help Kenny and Katya.
    That's just because he didn't get another chance to be annoying after that. But Ben made up for the annoying factor. Actually I think the most likeable characters by the end of the game were Omid and Chuck. And maybe Molly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

That's an interesting one because
    I chose to tell Kenny to shoot Duck BECAUSE I felt that as Duck's Father it was his ultimate responsibility to "take care" of his son/ it might help him with closure afterwards. I know I effectively told a Father to shoot his Son but under the circumatances TellTale walked me into I thought it was the appropriate choice.

That's just because he didn't get another chance to be annoying after that. But Ben made up for the annoying factor. Actually I think the most likeable characters by the end of the game were Omid and Chuck. And maybe Molly.
    If you chose to save Ben in Episode 4, he actually has a really great moment in Episode 5. Actually one of my favourite moments in the whole game. As for Omid, I preferred Christa once she settles down a bit. Omid was funny and genuine, but was ultimately useless and didn't do anything. Christa, once you get her on side, was a much better character in my opinion.

Penn wrote: »
    If you chose to save Ben in Episode 4, he actually has a really great moment in Episode 5. Actually one of my favourite moments in the whole game. As for Omid, I preferred Christa once she settles down a bit. Omid was funny and genuine, but was ultimately useless and didn't do anything. Christa, once you get her on side, was a much better character in my opinion.
    Yeah I saved Ben and he had it out with Kenny which was good to see. But up until then, I basically had the Crawford reaction to having him around. Didn't help when he ran instead of trying to save Clem. Yeah Omid was useless for the most part but I just liked him for Lee to have someone he could have a joke with. I also liked Christa which is why I wanted Clem to be with them.
    the thing I really had to laugh at is no one helped Lee after getting his arm cut off and jumping back from the bell tower.
    Not to mention, like a lot of games, everyone is given a task to do, yet Lee has to do it himself anyway.

Isn't it a telling sign of how well the characters formed, if the decisions were made on actual moral decisions?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sN9DZ5K.gif
    Still shot him, though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Picked this up as part of my gfs birthday present, I think it's her favourite thing, loves it :D

esFaKrp.jpg

Looks like a great game from what I've seen of her playing it.

Picked this up as part of my gfs birthday present, I think it's her favourite thing, loves it :D

esFaKrp.jpg

Looks like a great game from what I've seen of her playing it.

Good job she's playing it since you just gave us the key as well. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yes well I waited for that :-p She was playing when i left for work this morning :pac:

I'm really intrigued as to why the G 0 2 & 5 are shaded in hhmmmmmm.

Also you know some snake went and tried that code :pac:

Numbers are shaded in so you don't think they are letters, ahem g is a 6, I fail :p

Numbers are shaded in so you don't think they are letters, ahem g is a 6, I fail :p

Ah crap it is a 6 hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Finally getting stuck into this on the disc version. It's class! Just starting episode 3. Does the download version on the PS3 suffer from lag? It's pretty noticeable on the disc version, and going by google, I've gotten off lightly, as some people report it makes it almost unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Paul1990

Finished this last night. Such a brilliant, brilliant game.

I had heard the hype about it but then I learned it was a point and click kind of game and that wasn't really my type of game so I ignored it. But it kept getting more and more praise plus I like the TV show so I said I'd give it a go. Thankfully, I did.

Great story, writing and voice acting. For a videogame with a cartoon-ish/comic book style, it does an amazing job of immersing you in the game and making you care about the characters.

Can't wait for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Any movement on a sequel lads ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any movement on a sequel lads ?

Last I read was they were still in the planning stage.

F1ngers wrote: »

Last I read was they were still in the planning stage.

IGN have an interview up with Telltale Games where they say TWD Season 2 is probably a way off, but in between, there's some extra content for Season 1 coming soon. They haven't said what it is yet, but I'd assume it's an extra episode.

Can't link yet as I'm on the phone and saw it through the app. Will try to source in a few minutes.

• Advertisement

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/02/25/more-telltales-walking-dead-coming-before-season-2
    "I can tell you what you already know, which is season two is coming. There’s not much to say because it really is very early…it’s a way off," said Whitta. "But, knowing that it’s a way off, and knowing that people are hungry for more walking Dead…there may very well be more Walking Dead from Telltale before season two. We may have a little something extra for you between season one and two.” Whitta continued to tease that something is in the works right now “that will make the wait for season two slightly less agonizing.”

Advertisement