Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hmmm. I'm happy with how Season 1 closed off.

While I really enjoyed the game, I'm a little nervous about Season 2. Part of what I loved about the game was how the player was involved in the relationships built from the very start. I wasn't at all affected by Lee seeing his brother, but some of the events with characters that I'd picked up along the way definitely had an impact. Being shoehorned into an existing group // picking up a new character who has their relationship with Clementine may not have the same appeal to me. But we'll see how Telltale handle it.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I doubt we'll see clem at all in season 2.

It'll have to be a comepletely different set of characters to work well, or at least some of the characters we saw, but didn't follow for long like
    Hershel, Glenn or Molly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

BizzyC wrote: »
    I doubt we'll see clem at all in season 2.

It'll have to be a comepletely different set of characters to work well, or at least some of the characters we saw, but didn't follow for long like
    Hershel, Glenn or Molly
    Molly
    would be a very interesting one, especially as
    she
    could easily meet up with a new set of people and have players build the relationships.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So Season 2 won't be out until Autumn 2014 and the content coming to fill the gap will be 'different'

Thats so long away!!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394755/the-walking-dead-season-2-release-date-targeting-autumn-2014/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    So Season 2 won't be out until Autumn 2014 and the content coming to fill the gap will be 'different'

Thats so long away!!!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/394755/the-walking-dead-season-2-release-date-targeting-autumn-2014/

Wow I mean people would have been perfectly happy to play the same game, same engine, same graphics just with a different story so what in the name of is taking them 18 months.... I mean I would have expected to be playing season 3 by then ffs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Episode 1 will be free on Wednesday through to April 3 on PS3, theres also a 50% discount on the individual episodes for ps plus members, which hopefully means it can all be gotten for €10. Defo picking this up

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

tonydude wrote: »
    Episode 1 will be free on Wednesday through to April 3 on PS3, theres also a 50% discount on the individual episodes for ps plus members, which hopefully means it can all be gotten for €10. Defo picking this up

Son of a bitch!! I only bought the season pass yesterday :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can buy this for Steam for €8.31 here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Picked this up when it was on sale on XBL. Played the first episode when I got it but then left it for a while. Got really into it in the last week and finished it last night.

Far Cry 3 was my game of 2012, but it is #2 now. My god. I have never been as emotionally invested in a game ever. That ending. Telltale should provide a coupon for a free hour with a therapist for when you complete the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Sometimes a game will be so good that i'll cast my weekday sleeping pattern to the wind and stay up till the small hours playing it. This was different.

Last night i stayed up to finish this game... at around 3am and i just sat there staring as the credits rolled - I finished it, but i needed to take some time to fully come to terms with what had experienced... I'm still working through it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Just finished my second walkthrough choosing different outcomes from before. I found it hard to choose the opposite of what I felt was right (Trying to be mean to Clem) , while trying to get the different outcome.

It's an amazing game, and i'll definitely play one more time.

I did find that it will try to steer you in a certain direction even if you've chosen the opposite but this is not a bad thing.

Overall 10/10 can't wait for season 2 if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I loved the game too but it was a little disappointing when it actually got to the choices imo.

I only got it and finished it last month but I remember a lot of buzz about the choices you make. At the end though, none of those choices make a difference. Sure some character development is different and you get slightly different stories but it ends the exact same.

I'd say I just went in thinking there would be a lot of replay value in it for different endings and didn't get that.

It probably sounds like I disliked it but I really didn't. It was one of the best games of last year and I can see why it won boards GOTY (still happy I gave mine to Journey :) )and I'm looking forward to season 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Just after picking this up, surprised it took me so long seeing as I love TWD. Shall enjoy the game by the sound of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Finally getting a retail release over here(Ok Finally for GTR).
    May 10th anyway lads.
    http://electronictheatre.co.uk/pc/pc-news/35359/walking-dead-pal-retail-release-detailed

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jay121

What does everyone think of the game seen some stuff on youtube that it literally too easy to shoot them as they come directly at you at a slow pace, anyone have some good experiences with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Most of us here absolutely loved the game to bits but from what you've written I don't think you'd enjoy it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,576 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jay121 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of the game seen some stuff on youtube that it literally too easy to shoot them as they come directly at you at a slow pace, anyone have some good experiences with it?

The game is not a shooter, it's a RPG / story driven game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Jay121 wrote: »

There are two walking dead games out right now, there's the one that's being discussed here (based on the comics) and there's a FPS game "Walking Dead Survival Instinct" (based on the TV Show)

I think you're talking about the latter. (which is hear isn't great)

Walking Dead does have some first-person shooter style events, but they're slim to none. That isn't what its about. It's all character and story driver, and comes out the better because of it. If you're looking for action, then it probably isn't for you. It's closer to the LucasArts point 'n' click adventure games than it is to Call of Duty.

Playing through this again as I lost my save file and want to build up a new file before playing 400 Days. Can't help but make the same choices and near the end of Episode 1, it's still as brilliant as the first playthrough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Excellent!!!

F1ngers, with ps+ cloud save, do I need to be signed to acces my saves? Anyway to copy saves to the hard drive if I can't access them offline?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent!!!

F1ngers, with ps+ cloud save, do I need to be signed to acces my saves? Anyway to copy saves to the hard drive if I can't access them offline?

I believe you have to be signed in - I'm away from my PS3 til September(:(), so can't check.

Can't imagine saves are accessible if you're offline.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Picked this up on the steam sale, episode 3 is some tough going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

krudler wrote: »
    Picked this up on the steam sale, episode 3 is some tough going :(
    For some reason, I'm jealous. Adventure games are the one genre where I wish there was a "Click here to forget the story" button :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For some reason, I'm jealous. Adventure games are the one genre where I wish there was a "Click here to forget the story" button :)

The reason you're jealous is because we can't relive the story for the first time again :( , I'm in the same boat. I could play through it again, but the emotional aspect wouldn't be as strong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll have to leave this thread from now on. I don't want even a chance of seeing any spoilers for the next game.

Advertisement