Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I assume that Telltale would have some form of a press release to say when it'll be released. At the current rate, i'm expecting it to be more likely for Half Life 3 to come out this week. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tell Tales reputation shall be going to an all time low now... :mad: Absolute joke of a team...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Sigh :confused:

I'll load up the game in the morning just to check but sigh :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,104 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Corkfeen wrote: »
    I assume that Telltale would have some form of a press release to say when it'll be released. At the current rate, i'm expecting it to be more likely for Half Life 3 to come out this week. :pac:

Half Life 3 must be next. :)
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/the-walking-dead-episode-2-release-date
    No EU PS3 date though

Edit: Sorry, should've added the dates
    The wait is over. The Walking Dead: The Game Episode 2 is coming this week. Yes, in a bit of last minute news, Episode 2: "Starving For Help" will land on Xbox Live tomorrow, Wednesday, June 27th. PC and PS3 versions of the second of five downloadable episodes will arrive on Friday, June 29th. Those dates are international with the exception of PS3; European PS3 users will have their own date to be announced later.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You have to be fuc*ing kidding me! 1st the Mass Effect extended cut dlc gets delayed a week only for euro psn, and now episode 2 soesn't even have a date?? :mad:

Is the guy who approves DLC out sick or something!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

What the f**K? The Xbox version out before the PC one? You have got to be kidding me!!! F**k companies paying for exclusivity, even for two bloody days!!! The PC one should have been out long before the console versions!!! :mad:

At least you have a release date damo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

So we are not getting it for ps3 no? This is ridiculous. I didnt read it fully and thought ps3 had it friday sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Tomorrow on 360!!!!!!!!!!!

Did not see that coming.

Edit...oh ye already knew, thought with the last few posts of giving out, it still wasn't announced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    You have to be fuc*ing kidding me! 1st the Mass Effect extended cut dlc gets delayed a week only for euro psn, and now episode 2 soesn't even have a date?? :mad:

Is the guy who approves DLC out sick or something!!

We'll still have something to look forward to when everyone else is finished with episode 2. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Just checked xbox.com and episode two is available to download, will get it later on so.

Just checked xbox.com and episode two is available to download, will get it later on so.

and be sure to come back here and tell sheehy83 just how good it is, since he can't play it, him being a disgruntled PS3 owner, and all.

F You Freeze I'm not in the mood :pac:

Enjoy Xbox and PC lads, make sure to post up a little spoiler free review :)

I hear this episode will have way harder life/death decisions than the last one, can't wait to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    and be sure to come back here and tell sheehy83 just how good it is, since he can't play it, him being a disgruntled PS3 owner, and all.

That's cold, Freeze...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Well played Seamarse ;)

Gonna download this the moment I get home.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I hear this episode will have way harder life/death decisions than the last one
    That's cold, Freeze...

Should be no problem to me so.

Am posting this angry...

As a game/interactive story, this is very good. Decisions are even bigger in this episode (imo). Great use of weather and lighting. Really impressive stuff. I was dumbstruck at a few points. This is miles better than the TV show, no question in my mind.

As a piece of software, this is a piece of shit, and I've no idea how it passed QA. Achievements are glitched. Audio drops, or goes out of sync. Screen freezes while dialogue continues. :confused: I was stuck on a point (which will become obvious once you play it) because Lee wouldn't stop walking. Very frustrating, and it tarnishes the overall experience.

Might post later once I've calmed down a bit.

Sounds like theres a reason it was delayed, anyone else having these problems?

@Burning Eclipse

How long of a playthrough is it?

I haven't been near the xbox yet, I might leave it till its patched. Glitched Achievements and Audio Issues are enough to make me wait.

Sheehy will be pleased, but at least its my choice not to play it. :p

@Burning Eclipse

How long of a playthrough is it?

I haven't been near the xbox yet, I might leave it till its patched. Glitched Achievements and Audio Issues are enough to make me wait.

Sheehy will be pleased, but at least its my choice not to play it. :p

I'm not finished it yet.

When I said "I was stuck on a point", I mean "I AM stuck on a point". Still stuck on it and the controller has nearly gone flying. About 2.5 hours up to this (last chapter) point.

I'm actually raging here, bitterly disappointed.

• Advertisement

so you recommend not playing this at the mo. I'd only get an hour of it in now anyways.

so you recommend not playing this at the mo. I'd only get an hour of it in now anyways.

Avoid like the plague. I'm sure the issues will be resolved eventually, but at present it's game breaking for me (and a few others on the telltale forums). I'm giving this another 10 minutes worth of attempts, then I'm out.

Dawngaurd it is so this evening then.

That's a pity was looking forward to this game.

X360A forums are saying the Achievement issue should be ok now going forward. But there are complaints about the episode crashing and being very laggy.

Dawngaurd it is so this evening then.

That's a pity was looking forward to this game.

X360A forums are saying the Achievement issue should be ok now going forward. But there are complaints about the episode crashing and being very laggy.

Poor form.

Restarted the game a second time. For some (unknown) reason, that has resolved my walking issue... The end may be in sight. Still not too happy though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭hypersquirrel

I managed to get through it without any game breaking glitches but the freezes in conversation really hampered the atmosphere.

I've also noticed that having completed it 3 of the achievements haven't unlocked despite popping up on screen.

On a positive the story really does start to heat up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I just finished it there a few minutes ago.

Unlike most I haven't had any bugs or glitch's but did get a few stutters in the Cut scene changes But nothing to annoy me.

All i can say is that for me it was worth the wait and some of the choice's were really tough and gruesome. Especially
    the part in the woods with the axe..

Great game overall and I care more about the characters in the game than i do in the tv show ( Granted thats not hard )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

What in the name of fecking God is going on here?... So us PS3 users are not getting this on Friday? Are you serious?... Tell Tale Games can kiss my money goodbye with there ridiculous bullsh1t that they have shown us... Absolute joke holy crap I am raging here :mad:

Ok, I've calmed down since last night. Still annoyed that TTG pushed this out half-baked, but I guess the fans were screaming for it. Hopefully a performance patch gets released.

Also, I should touch on the positive and say that the story/characters and decisions are all great. And... You know the decisions are tough when most hover around the 50/50 split.

Played about an hour of it.

Ya, there seems to be a bit of lag in the conversations alrite, but wasn't the first game the same? Maybe this one is a tad worse.

So far its pretty good. Can't wait to get stuck into it, sounds like its gets really good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Thinking of buying, about how long is each episode? Is Steam the best place to get it on PC?

Advertisement