Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Telltale 'working with Sony Europe' for release date. Interesting article as it touches on Sony Europe's delays in general.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-27-telltale-working-with-sony-europe-on-the-walking-dead-episode-2-psn-release

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I have to laugh at the Telltale forums the amount of pretentious needy idiots on there demanding a refund and telling Telltale they can kiss their money goodbye.

These are the very same idiots that would turn around and demand a refund if they encountered a bug in the game saying you shouldn't have rushed it to market trying to cash in.

While i want to play it i don't want to play a broken rushed version even though i have the option to play it on Steam my save files are on PS3 so i will happily wait another week.

Whatever about the hate from PS3 Euro users, I can't believe the hate on the telltale facebook page from american users going mental that they get the game 2 days after xbox. Didn't xbox get the 1st episode 2 days after PS3?

It's a pity such a great game is getting overshadowed by these complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

Half Life 3 must be next.
    http://ie.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...2-release-date
    No EU PS3 date though

Damn you i thought that was going to be a release date for HL3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I downloaded Episode II when I got home last night but before I could play it I was dragged out to the movies... I was going to boot it up when I got home but after reading Burning Eclipse and hypersquirrel's comments (thanks for posting) I decided that I will wait for a patch.

We've waited this long, a few more days won't hurt.*

There's a good video below showing the breakdown of choices made by gamers during episode 1. I’ve also watched a trailer for episode 2 which I kind of regret doing…

* The above sentence may come back to haunt me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Telltale 'working with Sony Europe' for release date. Interesting article as it touches on Sony Europe's delays in general.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-27-telltale-working-with-sony-europe-on-the-walking-dead-episode-2-psn-release

I wonder did SCEE play it see the issues that people haue encountered and said thanks but no thanks until its sorted properly?

HigginsJ wrote: »
    I wonder did SCEE play it see the issues that people haue encountered and said thanks but no thanks until its sorted properly?

This could very well have happened. Sony probably can't make a statement like 'it's not up to scratch, telltale need to sort it' and telltale probably don't want to say we submitted an unfinished product to stop all yer whining'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

danthefan wrote: »
    Thinking of buying, about how long is each episode? Is Steam the best place to get it on PC?

The first episode is around 2 hours.
    You'll have to ask xbox users about episode 2.
    I like having all my games in the steam list, but there are perks like getting a disc of all the episodes when they're done if you buy on the telltale website.
    I have to laugh at the Telltale forums the amount of pretentious needy idiots on there demanding a refund and telling Telltale they can kiss their money goodbye.

These are the very same idiots that would turn around and demand a refund if they encountered a bug in the game saying you shouldn't have rushed it to market trying to cash in.

While i want to play it i don't want to play a broken rushed version even though i have the option to play it on Steam my save files are on PS3 so i will happily wait another week.

American's are like that. They complain a lot more than we think is reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭TheGunns

bit confused about this. Is the price 400 ms points for all the episode or for the first one, not very clear or well laid out on the marketplace

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

TheGunns wrote: »
    bit confused about this. Is the price 400 ms points for all the episode or for the first one, not very clear or well laid out on the marketplace

That's for one episode.
    Well worth it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

They have a point though, we where told 1 episode each month.. We lashed out 20euro's out of our pockets to purchase this... Of course they have the right to be demanding a refund... I don't want to pay for something thats getting delayed every month...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

danthefan wrote: »
    Thinking of buying, about how long is each episode? Is Steam the best place to get it on PC?

I finished it in around 2-3 hours feels like longer though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Just finished episode 2, over all much better in terms of story and tension and choices than ep1.

I played on xbox not sure about the rest of you but I did have occasional frame freezing after making decisions not a huge deal but annoying none the less. If delaying the release for another week would have sorted that then I'd be kind of annoyed if they just released it like that under pressure just to get it out.

Anyway, overall liked ep1 ..... loved ep2 hope we get ep3 faster than we got ep2

Is it out for PSN today or should I be prepared to wait another month?

Is it out for PSN today or should I be prepared to wait another month?

Did you not read any of the posts that said there is no release date for episode 2 on the EU PSN?

It's out on the US PSN today, whenever that updates.

Since this is the 29th of june, I reckon you will be waiting another month.

F1ngers wrote: »
    Did you not read any of the posts that said there is no release date for episode 2 on the EU PSN?

It's out on the US PSN today, whenever that updates.

Since this is the 29th of june, I reckon you will be waiting another month.

I was only hearing that it was out Friday then I started hearing no announcement got confused with which one was right... Wow we will be lucky to have all episodes by the end of the year tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Guarantee they wrote the same thing to BioWare about ME3 :P

Was out on STEAM today,

Just finished it there, it was brilliant !! :D
    Reminded me of a part of the comics , that I hope they bring into the TV Series

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Was out on STEAM today,

Just finished it there, it was brilliant !! :D
    Reminded me of a part of the comics , that I hope they bring into the TV Series

Is it glitch free on pc? I'm afraid of starting it for fear of experiencing the glitches people are raving about on consoles.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

I got the season pass for this on PS3. Thoroughly enjoyed the 1st ep, even played it twice (I felt bad about my final decision, I had to go back and fix it!) but what the hell is goin on with release dates?! It was supposed to be out monthly right?

Its on the site to say Ep2 is out now, but its not available on PSN yet. Grrrr.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Eggy Baby!

All this Xbox exclusivity is a bit ridiculous. I have an Xbox, but still!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Eggy Baby! wrote: »
    All this Xbox exclusivity is a bit ridiculous. I have an Xbox, but still!

Ah sure pay for xbox live :p

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deano546

Finished episode 2 today, enjoyed it but all the decisions I made in episode 1 that were brought forward were actually the opposite of what I chose, so I'll probably play through it again. Also I didn't get the last 2 (steam) achievements, even though I finished the whole thing.
    I'm playing on a Macbook air, anyone else having issues with your decisions being brought forward wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Some of the decisions in Episode 2 are quite haunting and bleak. :( Feels bad man!

Any word on the PS3 Euro release date? Last I heard, Sony responded to some people saying 'Contact Telltalle for release date'. In other words, nothing to do with us. Will be fair bad if it's not out this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Any word on the PS3 Euro release date? Last I heard, Sony responded to some people saying 'Contact Telltalle for release date'. In other words, nothing to do with us. Will be fair bad if it's not out this week.

I'd be suprised if it were out tomorrow that we would not have heard about it at this stage. Next week at the earliest I fear

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Is it glitch free on pc? I'm afraid of starting it for fear of experiencing the glitches people are raving about on consoles.... :pac:

Glitch free yeah, I didn't notice any bugs.
    Played through the whole thing in 1 playthrough.

Can't wait for all the episodes, and then to revisit the series again with different choices , I'm well impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Second Episode got a lot better than the first about half-way through. The last section was a great twist.

Walking Dead Episode 2 - Starved for Help on EU PSN NOW.

It's in the "New this week" section - at the very top.

Was looking through the store as you do, when I found episode 2...:D:D
    No hint nor mention of it on the PSN blog or anywhere that I can see(didn't look too hard either).

• Advertisement

Excellent!! Thanks F1ngers!! Will lash into this tonight

Advertisement