Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Excellent!! Thanks F1ngers!! Will lash into this tonight

Literally after I posted this it was tweeted by Playstation Europe.

https://twitter.com/#!/PlayStationEU
    UPDATE: The Latest Episode Of The Walking Dead Has Been Added To This Week's Store Update http://bit.ly/MJ547g

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

F1ngers wrote: »
    Walking Dead Episode 2 - Starved for Help on EU PSN NOW.

It's in the "New this week" section - at the very top.

Was looking through the store as you do, when I found episode 2...:D:D
    No hint nor mention of it on the PSN blog or anywhere that I can see(didn't look too hard either).

Roll on home time :D:):D:P:rolleyes::p:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Ah deadly. Bootin up the PS3 now !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Just finished Episode 2 on PS3. Apart from the frequent freezing thing when camera angles are changing, twas all super stuff. Very intense.

For the last decision - 'Survival' - myself and 55% of other players decided to steal food from the car. Thought that was quite low as would expect most people to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Some of the decisions in Episode 2 are quite haunting and bleak. :( Feels bad man!

I found the decisions flowed really naturally.

Fantastic bit of story-telling. I've found myself turning into Rick. Pretty much everything I do is focused on Clem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't get a chance to play it last night, hopefully tonight! Telltale released a statement about delays. Said they they hope to have Episode 3 ready by middle of August.

I read the trophy list and one from Episode 3 is 'Welcome to
    Woodbury
    '. Makes waiting for another episode even harder!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I've never seen the series would it be worth watching before playing the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Not sure if anyone has mentioned here but there is a Zombie survival mod for the Arma2 game called DayZ which is pretty awsome, there is a large thread in this forum on it or check out dayzmod.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

So does it work alright on PS3? I started it up but turned it off when the camera changes went wonky and the voices weren't synched up correctly.

Didn't get a chance to play it last night, hopefully tonight! Telltale released a statement about delays. Said they they hope to have Episode 3 ready by middle of August.

I read the trophy list and one from Episode 3 is 'Welcome to
    Woodbury
    '. Makes waiting for another episode even harder!

I shouldn't have checked that spoiler. I don't think I can contain myself.

Oh god, I'm starting to have to so many ideas about where this could go. Can't wait till August.
    zero19 wrote: »
    I've never seen the series would it be worth watching before playing the game?

I've only seen the first season but I would say yes. There is some references to the rest of the Walking Dead universe which would go over your head if you weren't aware. However they are in no way necessary for the enjoyment of a thus far fantastic game.

I'd also highly recommend the comics, which are way better then the show.

• Advertisement

I'm on Book 40 of the comics right now and it is just brilliant. Started reading them after the 2nd season of the TV show. Comic is much MUCH better than the show, so much more graphic. 'That Place' I mentioned in my spoiler above has a lot of f*cked up things going on that was 1st shown in the comics. Season 3 of the tv show will be heading there as well as Episode 3 of the game and I can guarantee you the TV series won't be able to show half the stuff that happens. I'm guessing, from what I've seen so far, the game won't have much problems in that area.

Comic -> Game -> TV Show (but still it's a must watch!)

Right, so in regards to the game going to Woodbury I have to wonder how much the game is going to stick to the canon story or are Telltale willing to throw it all out. What I'm thinking is that it comes down to a decision between stopping/killing the governor or saving Clem. That would be a tough decision.

Robert Kirkman said before that the game is canon to the comics so I can't see them watering it down. I think we are gonna see 'that guy' in all his glory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm still playing episode 2, really enjoying it. It nails the feeling of the comics perfectly.

I'm curious about how they are working the release schedule. Have they finish everything, but putting the final touches as they go? Or have they not started on the story for the final episode yet? I'd hate them to rush some part just to hit a deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Orim wrote: »
    I found the decisions flowed really naturally.

Fantastic bit of story-telling. I've found myself turning into Rick. Pretty much everything I do is focused on Clem.

For me there was a bit of deliberation on some of them, but not too much. Like you, I find myself doing things for Clem, like (end of Ep. 2)
    NOT taking the food from the car, because she didn't want me to.

Some of the decisions I had to make made me feel bad because of the reactions of the other characters to the decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I just finished episode 1, I really like it.

I lie to Clem a lot, tell her that her parents are alive and everything will be ok, I can't face telling her the truth!

I play on my regular laptop and turned the graphics down to low so it plays smoother, but it still looks pretty well I think!

Half way through Ep 2, really building the tension.

In other news, WTF Activision?!?!?!?!?!

Activision releasing a Walking Dead FPS based on darryl and merryl before the meet the gang in the tv show. FFS

I was excited and then remembered its Activision.

I'd completely forgotten them. They weren't great characters.

Also I can't see how an FPS for this work. Everything that's been released thus far is completely character driven and I just can't see an FPS working for it. The zombies are only really there to give a reason for the whole world being in the crapper.

It's just gonna re-skinned COD zombies and I have Left 4 Dead if I want that.

I'm not optomistic about that Activision game.

TellTale have nailed the feel of it, and tbh are forgiven for the wait for Episode 2 as it surpassed my hopes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

For me there was a bit of deliberation on some of them, but not too much. Like you, I find myself doing things for Clem, like (end of Ep. 2)
    NOT taking the food from the car, because she didn't want me to.

Some of the decisions I had to make made me feel bad because of the reactions of the other characters to the decision.

Regarding your Spoiler
    Do they somehow still get the food, even if you choose not to take it ? , someone else takes it upon them to say they need it ?
    I took it, you need food to survive, If it were real...which is how I play it...definitely would take it...but would have left a note in the car to say who we were and where we were going

Gonna start re-reading the comics :D , this game series feels more like the comics than the TV show , even though that story is obviously closer related to the source material.
    Maybe because it moves at a good pace, and there are huge conflicts and event happening all the time.
    If you loved the Cannibals in this episode, there is an AMAZING part in the comics that follows a similar thread , even more tense

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Regarding your Spoiler
    Do they somehow still get the food, even if you choose not to take it ? , someone else takes it upon them to say they need it ?
    I took it, you need food to survive, If it were real...which is how I play it...definitely would take it...but would have left a note in the car to say who we were and where we were going

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

There must be reprecussions, else I hope there will be for not taking it

Regarding your Spoiler
    Yes, they do, everyone but you and Clem take everything that they can. I was thinking ahead too, will probably meet whoever owns the car/food.
    Although, I am doing different play-throughs to see the different branches and reactions!

There must be reprecussions, else I hope there will be for not taking it

I imagine there will be. Everything else has come back at some stage. At one stage near the end of Episode 2
    Kenny gave me a really sarky response about not caring about his son because I chose to try and save Sean rather then Duck. I gotta say I was rather shocked to see something from so long ago still affecting me. Especially after I thought the realtionship was patched up becasue I'd more or so sided with Kenny in every other decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭Nollog

Half way through Ep 2, really building the tension.

In other news, WTF Activision?!?!?!?!?!

Activision releasing a Walking Dead FPS based on darryl and merryl before the meet the gang in the tv show. FFS

Why didn't they announce that at e3?
    IT WAS THE YEAR OF THE BOW!

I probably won't buy it just because it's by activision.

So to confirm, episode 2 works perfectly fine on PS3?

• Advertisement

So to confirm, episode 2 works perfectly fine on PS3?

Couple of small lags during a couple of cutscenes - does not affect gameplay at all.

Advertisement