Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Orim wrote: »
    I imagine there will be. Everything else has come back at some stage. At one stage near the end of Episode 2
    Kenny gave me a really sarky response about not caring about his son because I chose to try and save Sean rather then Duck. I gotta say I was rather shocked to see something from so long ago still affecting me. Especially after I thought the realtionship was patched up becasue I'd more or so sided with Kenny in every other decision.

I'm not a fan of Kenny
    I chose to save Sean too, and he bottled out of helping. And he completely bottles it in the latest episode when he has the chance to save your life ! ....and before that he is talking himself up etc... so I hope he's next on the chopping block tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just finished Ep 2, f*cking hell that was class! Nailbiting stuff and had me hooked all the way through. TV Show should hire the telltale writers! Sme parts just had my mouth open in awe.

What were your stats at the end?
    Chopped the leg off - Yes
    Shot Jolene - No
    Helped Kill Larry - No
    Killed both brothers - No
    Stole the food - Yes (even though it was against Clems wishes, This is what I would have done in real life. Plus Clem needs the food and hoodie

Really hope
    Kenny
    is the next one to go, getting pretty sick of him.

Just finished book 50 of the series and between that and this, some serious mind-f*cking going on! Pitty the tv show doesn't grab me the same seeing as I want most of the cast to get killed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of Kenny
    I chose to save Sean too, and he bottled out of helping. And he completely bottles it in the latest episode when he has the chance to save your life ! ....and before that he is talking himself up etc... so I hope he's next on the chopping block tbh.

Yeah getting a bit sick of Kenny myself.
    sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just finished Ep 2, f*cking hell that was class! Nailbiting stuff and had me hooked all the way through. TV Show should hire the telltale writers! Sme parts just had my mouth open in awe.

Shot Jolene - No
    Helped Kill Larry - No
    Stole the food - Yes (even though it was against Clems wishes, This is what I would have done in real life. Plus Clem needs the food and hoodie

Really hope
    Kenny
    is the next one to go, getting pretty sick of him.

Just finished book 50 of the series and between that and this, some serious mind-f*cking going on! Pitty the tv show doesn't grab me the same seeing as I want most of the cast to get killed off.

I was the same as you but
    I didn't steal the food. As everything has repercussions I can't see it ending well. Also the car didn't look that abandoned, couldn't do it without at least having a scout around the area and I always felt that in a situation I'd want to hold off breaking my moral code as long as possible. Plus it was Kenny taking the lead on that and I really didn't want to follow him. Main thing is that clem said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sheehy83 wrote: »

Shot Jolene - No
    Helped Kill Larry - No

I was the same as you but
    I didn't steal the food. As everything has repercussions I can't see it ending well. Also the car didn't look that abandoned, couldn't do it without at least having a scout around the area and I always felt that in a situation I'd want to hold off breaking my moral code as long as possible. Plus it was Kenny taking the lead on that and I really didn't want to follow him. Main thing is that clem said no.
    Same, but I did help kill Larry, and felt TERRIBLE about it immediately. Just didn't want him turning, as Clem would be at risk!

Same, but I did help kill Larry, and felt TERRIBLE about it immediately. Just didn't want him turning, as Clem would be at risk!
    I considered it but I just felt that a heart attack wasn't enough of a reason to kill him. Needed to give Lily a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I considered it but I just felt that a heart attack wasn't enough of a reason to kill him. Needed to give Lily a chance.
    Intending on doing just that on my second file!

I was stumped at the end for a good bit. Didn't want to take the food as Clem didn't but also because Kenny did. I have a feeling though telltale might punish us for siding with clem too much as shes just a kid and needs decions made for us.

Anyone else think the bandits are from Woodbury? That might be where the base camp is?

Also, that vid at the end was mad as well. Sounded like the bandits took and raped that womans daughter and then she was planning on replacing her with Clem. Crazy stuff!

I hadn't considered that at all but I don't think I could ever side against Clem. She's far too adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I played this yesterday on xbox and still encountered problems. Sound was off in a few places which I didn't really mind however I got to one point, after the dinner table, where I made my choice
    (not to help kill Larry)
    but during the next conversation I couldn't pick any options. I could pause the game and go to the menu but couldn't pick any of the four options to progress.

I had to reset the game and choose the other option just to make the game progress however I wasn't happy with the outcome
    (Lily didn't help me in the fight against Andy)
    so I'm going to rewind to that scene and play through again so my next game starts with the decisions I wanted.

I had to reset the game and choose the other option just to make the game progress however I wasn't happy with the outcome
    (Lily didn't help me in the fight against Andy)
    so I'm going to rewind to that scene and play through again so my next game starts with the decisions I wanted.
    What happens in the fight if Lily doesn't help? I would have been fairly fubared if she didn't help me.

That was actually a great bit. I got a great flashback of Pulp Fiction when I kept finding the different weapons. Was just finding to find a sword.

• Advertisement

What happens in the fight if Lily doesn't help? I would have been fairly fubared if she didn't help me.
    When Lee is being pushed to the electric fence he calls out to Lily for help but she just stand there at the Barn door, next to a worried Clementine, and does nothing. There a quick-time event to get back to your feet and, I presume, continue the fight as normal.

Lads, had one problem near the end. I was being pushed into the
    fence
    and had to keep pressing X. I was pressing it for 5 minutes with nothing happening, my arm nearly fell off. I figured it was glitched so just let myself die but when my head got to the
    fence
    , I was saved. What was the point of a QTE if the only way to prgress was to lose?

I got the same thing although I eventually lost naturally. I figured it was a way to build the tension and I thought it was one of the best uses of QTE that I have ever seen.

Ah woulf have been better if it bevame harder so and forced me to lose instead thinking it was a glitch.

Oh ya, I saw the update changed some trophies and checked them there. 'welcome to woodbury' is missing, they must have changed the story!

Could be a glitch that it didn't become harder. IIRC mine became impossible after a minute or so. I think I'd kept the two arrows on the centre point for a little while so it might be associated with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

My decisions are really Clem based at this point.
    I killed the 1st brother but because of her shock/reaction I decided not to kill the 2nd brother. Also didn't take the food because Clem didnt want me to. Also fed up of Kenny. Hope might get the chance to make a decision on his life soon.

Chopped the leg off: Yes
    Chose to feed: Clem, Duck, Lily and Kenny (offered to Carley but she refused to take what I offered her)
    Shot Jolene: No
    Helped kill Larry: No
    Killed both brothers: No
    Stole the food: No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

My decisions are Clem motivated too.
    I felt really bad killing the brother in front of her

I left the second brother to his doom as a result.

I gave the food to Clem, Duck, Carly and Larry (In the hope larry would wise up

I also refused to kill Larry.

I chopped your man's leg off

didn't shoot Jolene, I had my suspicions of the brothers very early, and even thought that they may be cannibals! Also I thought they were in cahoots with the bandits, until the Jolene episode.

I refused to take the food from the car, just didn't sit right with me to take it. I hope it skitters the gang now
    :P

Such a great episode!

My decisions are Clem motivated too.

didn't shoot Jolene, I had my suspicions of the brothers very early, and even thought that they may be cannibals! Also I thought they were in cahoots with the bandits, until the Jolene episode.
    :P
    That reminds me, I never wanted to go with brothers in the first and voted against it. Has anyone done both and noticed a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

What a dull game. Why do people like games where you have little or no control? Like Heavy Rain, it's just a movie where you press X every now and then to give you the illusion of interactivity.

Boring...

What a dull game. Why do people like games where you have little or no control? Like Heavy Rain, it's just a movie where you press X every now and then to give you the illusion of interactivity.

Boring...

Because it tells a fantastic, emotionally involving story

Yes the interactivity is limited but what is there is used to drag you further into the story.

Games do not need to be purely based on twitch reactions and the like. They can be used to tell a story. Granted it's not for everyone but then neither is films, books, music or any other form of entertainment.

It's great to see these kind of games that are building and improving the genre. If everyone had this kind of attitude we would not have a litany of great games from over the years. An example would be the Zelda series. What if people in the eighties had said why does this game need story when you can just have puzzle rooms.

• Advertisement

Because it tells a fantastic, emotionally involving story

Yes the interactivity is limited but what is there is used to drag you further into the story.

Games do not need to be purely based on twitch reactions and the like. They can be used to tell a story. Granted it's not for everyone but then neither is films, books, music or any other form of entertainment.

It's great to see these kind of games that are building and improving the genre. If everyone had this kind of attitude we would not have a litany of great games from over the years. An example would be the Zelda series. What if people in the eighties had said why does this game need story when you can just have puzzle rooms.

I know nothing of the limits of game development, but why is it not possible to combine elements of the Walking Dead with, say, an open world game? Why does it always have to be so restricted? I just don't see the challenge of TWD, why not just release a machinamation version for watching? Why bother with the pointless clicking and pointing at all? The interactivity is just erroneous.

I know nothing of the limits of game development, but why is it not possible to combine elements of the Walking Dead with, say, an open world game? Why does it always have to be so restricted? I just don't see the challenge of TWD, why not just release a machinamation version for watching? Why bother with the pointless clicking and pointing at all? The interactivity is just erroneous.

I would say cost would be a major factor. However there is also the fact that if you went with with an open world then you might lose some of the story. The elder scroll games would be a good example of where the availability of more interactivity has killed the story, at least for me. I love those games but I have no involvement in the story because I'm busy going through dungeons, killing stuff and selling my loot. This applies to all other genres as well.

As for just making a machinamation of it, it wouldn't be the same. It might not be the most interactive game in the world but the decision making and some of the QTEs in the game really help drag you into the world and make you care for or dislike the characters, it just wouldn't come across through without being a game.

As a final point, Deadly Premonition is an example that really could have used an approach like this. The story seems good and the main character is absolutely brilliant but every time I try to play it I'm totally turned off by the mechanics of the game.

Well, like you said, horses for courses. It just isn't my cuppa. I feel like I wasted a fiver. Ah well.

That's what demos are for.

Could be worse I paid €25 for Deadly Premonition :pac:

Out of curiosity, did you play it all the way through? It's well worth because as above it really does suck you in. And it only an hour or two.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-975
    For many of you, the most important thing is to let you know when the next episode (Episode 3: Long Road Ahead) will be available, and although we can't give you an exact date at this time, we can say that episode three will be ready in the middle of August, and that we and our partners will do all that we can to release all platforms and regions as close together as possible.

I wonder how close to the middle of august it will be.

Originally Posted by F1ngers

"I wonder how close to the middle of august it will be."

I'm guessing late september be about right!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I finally picked this up yesterday and loved it. After a while you kind of forget you're playing a game and think you're watching the show. :d

Quick question though: do the choices you make in an episode carry on to the next one? Or are those choices only applicable to the current episode?

humanji wrote: »
    I finally picked this up yesterday and loved it. After a while you kind of forget you're playing a game and think you're watching the show. :d

Quick question though: do the choices you make in an episode carry on to the next one? Or are those choices only applicable to the current episode?

they carry over to the next episode, so people will have different characters and relationships developed by the time episode 5 is completed apparently

humanji wrote: »

That's a good question because
    at the Motor-Inn my group was alerted to the approaching two brothers by a ringing bell alarm system created by Doug. How was this handled in other gamers' stories in which Doug was not saved at the end of episode 1? Did someone else in the group create a similar system?

• Advertisement

That's a good question because
    at the Motor-Inn my group was alerted to the approaching two brothers by a ringing bell alarm system created by Doug. How was this handled in other gamers' stories in which Doug was not saved at the end of episode 1? Did someone else in the group create a similar system?
    I didn't save Doug and we were alerted by Lily, who was on watch. Howedver they got right on top of us and it was a pretty tense which I'm guessing the alarm system avoided.

Advertisement