Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    anyone know who is eligible to certify our ID's? Not much info on it, just says that you should provide a certified copy? e.g are nurses etc allowed to certify?

Yes i rang yesterday if you handed in a copy at the AC you dont need it certified as they have it on file and certified it when they looked at you to make sure it was you, but i sent a copy, not certified anyway just incasey.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Hey, Got my merit placing it is in the 460-480 range so was a little disappointed. I think it must have been very tight with regards to marks and the merit range.

Will be interested to see how this pans out then....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

Thanks weepete. Just trying to get it all done right the first time to save alot time, though earliest doc was available is next monday to fill out the immunity forms, nearly sure I had them done for the AC also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

hey guys just found this forum 10-20 in merit list - first 200 got forms to fill in.can't wait.have been trying 6 years for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

euros1 wrote: »
    hey guys just found this forum 10-20 in merit list - first 200 got forms to fill in.can't wait.have been trying 6 years for this

6 years? Were you in for the OSG's last time?

Also, congrats. Wish I was higher up the list, desperate to get started my owns self.

• Advertisement

sydnor wrote: »

6 years? Were you in for the OSG's last time?

Also, congrats. Wish I was higher up the list, desperate to get started my owns self.

Yeah in for ish and custody officer in court and night shift aswell. Thanks. Did u get threw ac

Yeah in for ish and custody officer in court and night shift aswell. Thanks. Did u get threw ac

Damn! Well good to see your persistence paying off.

Yeah, I'm threw the AC and in the top 200, just closer to the 200 mark than yourself.

My first time applying for the NIPS myself although I wish I'd known about the OSG recruitment at the time it was going on.

Yeah, I'm through the AC and in the top 200, just closer to the 200 mark than yourself.

My first time applying for the NIPS myself although I wish I'd known about the OSG recruitment at the time it was going on.

Cheers yeah osg, custody officer in courts twice and night custody officer.was nearly giving up tbh

Just wondering how quick will salary go up to 23k.is it after u pass the nvq on custodial care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cowtown

Hi folks!! Just found this thread! I'm also on the same boat as the small brown letter holders, gutted tbh! Just emailed to find out my merit score. Reading this has put a downer on my mood tonight grrrrr....:(

Yeah, I'm through the AC and in the top 200, just closer to the 200 mark than yourself.

First time - happy days. It was torture getting rejected everytime. This is all I have ever wanted to do.wasn't interested in psni recruitment

First time - happy days. It was torture getting rejected everytime. This is all I have ever wanted to do.wasn't interested in psni recruitment

That's interesting. There's a fair few on here who've tried for the PSNI a few times.

To be honest getting in has always been a goal of mine too but it seemed they were never going to begin a new campaign after they recruited the OSG's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cowtown

Also my first time for either!

Cowtown wrote: »
    Also my first time for either!

Hey cowtown, its very hard to get things like this first time as you don't know what to expect.u passed everything which is brilliant.my first time I failed ist.what range was ur merit number

That's interesting. There's a fair few on here who've tried for the PSNI a few times.

To be honest getting in has always been a goal of mine too but it seemed they were never going to begin a new campaign after they recruited the OSG's.

Yeah its been ages.osg recruitment process was '08

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hammath1

Sent the email and It turns out I'm 240-250.

Not too bad but would be gutted if I missed it by 50 people.

And I got the wee white envelope telling
    Me to wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'd say you will get in - there are bound to be 50 who decide it's not for them or don's clear vetting/medicals.

My small envelope was brown.......wonder is there anything in the colour of the small envelopes?...

I found the group exercise the hardest.observation video was very interesting which I thought helped.

What do you guys think

I found the group exercise the hardest.observation video was very interesting which I thought helped.

What do you guys think

I found the video the best group was ok and written the worst but must of done ok in it, but i think your IST result comes into play when a large group of people get the same score in the AC

• Advertisement

weepete wrote: »

What do you guys think

I found the video the best group was ok and written the worst but must of done ok in it, but i think your IST result comes into play when a large group of people get the same score in the AC

Yeah I think ur right weepete about the ist scores.I thought the written was ok but could have done with another few mins.regarding the salary do u think it goes up to 23k on completion of probation and passing custodial care qualification

weepete wrote: »

What do you guys think

Yeah I think ur right weepete about the ist scores.I thought the written was ok but could have done with another few mins.regarding the salary do u think it goes up to 23k on completion of probation and passing custodial care qualification

To be honest i'm not sure, but i think it may be after basic training it goes up, cause there is no fixed time frame for the qualification "you are expected to complete it within a year of finishing training" but think you would be able to fly through it at your own pace so as i said dont really know, after training would be nice.

Yeah would like to get it done as soon as I can,if I get in off course - still medical which I hope would be ok.it was the last time I done it for this.there would probably be on the job work linked to the qualification so maybe couldn't fly through it

Anyone have any idea what the medical will entail?

I would think it will include a drug test and eye sight test

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

Sorry folks been away for the last 24hours sent it to the email address on the fourm posted about 5 pages, back is that the wrong one? Filled in my forms today got the vacine form again had that done for the ac so did it again there are a few spots on the actual forms that are not for us to fill in, any questions I had I just lifted the phone! As for cirtified copies of your id soupposedly they certify them themselves I just sent photocopies of my passport and drivers licence even though it only asks for one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

No that address is correct. The vaccination form should have been different Shane? The first one was for tuberculosis and this one is for tetanus and polio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Anyone have any idea what the medical will entail?

Guessing substance misuse test, eye test, hearing test, flexibility and prior medical history check?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

grad10 wrote: »
    No that address is correct. The vaccination form should have been different Shane? The first one was for tuberculosis and this one is for tetanus and polio?

Yeah your right now that i think about it ah well the doc filled it out anyway so makes no difference!
    grad10 wrote: »
    Guessing substance misuse test, eye test, hearing test, flexibility and prior medical history check?

I flew through the British army medical apart from my bmi wonder is this going to be a contributing factor to their pass/fail decision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

I flew through the British army medical apart from my bmi wonder is this going to be a contributing factor to their pass/fail decision?[/QUOTE]

Hope not - whilst I would say that I am reasonably fit BMI is probably the wrong side due to my height and weight - guess I get to diet a bit better over the next few weeks and get a couple more runs in throughout the week

67J

Advertisement