Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

euros1 wrote: »
    Hey 67j, did ya get it unlocked today.I sent email to recruitment dept last Wednesday and haven't got an email back yet.I know u were saying they were closed due to weather,was just wondering if they were open again

Managed to speak with recruitment today and they said that I should hear something before the weekend - heres hoping 67j

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    cant seem to get registered for the dva vetting, as i been locked out, and now the prison service recruitment arent answer phones. not good, when do they take the 12th holidays from also?

The offices were they are based were flooded last week in the rain - they are now getting back on top of things and I assume they will be in touch shortly - 67j

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

still heard nothing back myself, must give them a buzz on monday if i hear nothing by then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

I sent an e-mail yesterday, got a call back today they had problems wit floodin and the post aswell, my forms only went to the security office today but with the holidays it may be the week after next before they send out the link. And this came from the head hauncho, the one that signs all the letters we've received at the bottom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

weepete wrote: »
    I sent an e-mail yesterday, got a call back today they had problems wit floodin and the post aswell, my forms only went to the security office today but with the holidays it may be the week after next before they send out the link. And this came from the head hauncho, the one that signs all the letters we've received at the bottom.

Yes I got a phone call today from recruitment as well, just saying that they received all my info and checking if i'd received the link yet - once I told them that yes I'd received it and filled everything in and submitted it they were happy enough and told me just to wait for further info :)

• Advertisement

just out of curiosity, what age is everyone?

swl33t wrote: »

27 years young

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kc29

wanadrum wrote: »
    If you are interested, you can get your merit place by e-mailing recruitment kc29

Yea just got mine back. Early 300's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Just turned 30 :)

You lot make me feel old - 44

• Advertisement

im 21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

Just turned 30 aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

21 also :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Hmmm.... I assumed I'd be one of the older ones.

sydnor wrote: »

Hmmm.... I assumed I'd be one of the older ones.

Well there was a good spread of ages at my AC and at the IST there was two fellas I say weren't far of their late 50's. People of all shapes and sizes applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

many people still to do ctc form, wish i could of got hold of recruitment before the 12th week so i could get it outa the way.

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    many people still to do ctc form, wish i could of got hold of recruitment before the 12th week so i could get it outa the way.

Yea still mine to do, fired off an e-mail on thursday called me on friday said we have your forms (disruption caused by floodin) said if no e-mail by end of week give them a call, i did however receive a certificate for the advanced disclosure checks from access NI and its all good, anybody else get that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

hello all,

been following everyones progress, well done to all, no matter how far you've got in the campaign. Just heard last week I'm in the 1st 50, have completed my ctc and got my accessni form back too. Does anyone know how long the ctc form takes to come back and what the medical involves ? also is there a physical, thanks !!

Hi ya, Congrats on being in first 50. The medical will probably involve substance misuse test, eye test, hearing test, flexibility and prior medical history check. In terms of the CTC - the time scales can vary so could be longer for one person than the other. Dont think there is a physical
    Is this your first time applying for NIPS

Hi ya, Congrats on being in first 50. The medical will probably involve substance misuse test, eye test, hearing test, flexibility and prior medical history check. In terms of the CTC - the time scales can vary so could be longer for one person than the other. Dont think there is a physical

Thanks Euros1,

Yes 1st time applying, fingers crossed! What about you ? First time ? Bit wary of financial checks as a certain telecommunication company made an error charging me for something I never received and it went to a debt collection agency, hope this doesn't go against me :( !

• Advertisement

missyk1 wrote: »

Thanks Euros1,

Yes 1st time applying, fingers crossed! What about you ? First time ? Bit wary of financial checks as a certain telecommunication company made an error charging me for something I never received and it went to a debt collection agency, hope this doesn't go against me :( !

I wish 1st time - its my 5th lol. Wouldn't think that would go against u.if it did just explain the situation to them and it should be ok

I wish 1st time - its my 5th lol. Wouldn't think that would go against u.if it did just explain the situation to them and it should be ok

Heres hoping, I even have an email from the company in question apologising and saying the money would be refunded etc etc but just last week the debt co sent a letter so I have now forwarded the email so I'm hoping thats the end ! Just panicking over the slightest thing at this stage !

well good luck euros1, where are you on the list this time ?

missyk1 wrote: »

Heres hoping, I even have an email from the company in question apologising and saying the money would be refunded etc etc but just last week the debt co sent a letter so I have now forwarded the email so I'm hoping thats the end ! Just panicking over the slightest thing at this stage !

well good luck euros1, where are you on the list this time ?

Cheers was between 10-20 on merit list.heard from recruitment it should hopefully be September or October for 1st few groups to start

Cheers was between 10-20 on merit list.heard from recruitment it should hopefully be September or October for 1st few groups to start
    Brilliant, well done !! did they write to you or did you ask them ?

Was talking to recruitment and they told me

Finally got logged on to get my ctc competed - done and dusted - now for a lengthy wait 67j

Got the link for the ctc today, final, ctc top of my list of things to do tomorrow.

got the link today too and just finished the form, wonder what is next

got the link today too and just finished the form, wonder what is next

Hopefully a letter or a phone call telling you they have a place with your name on it - also a bit more information on the package wouldn't go amiss 67j

• Advertisement

1967J wrote: »
    Hopefully a letter or a phone call telling you they have a place with your name on it - also a bit more information on the package wouldn't go amiss 67j

would the medical not need to be done first ?

could this possibly be the longest 2 weeks ever !!!

Advertisement