Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

missyk1 wrote: »
    would the medical not need to be done first ?

could this possibly be the longest 2 weeks ever !!!

It maybe that not everyone will be invited for a medical - subject to the info supplied on the application form - suspect I will have to do a medical due to size and weight lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

1967J wrote: »
    It maybe that not everyone will be invited for a medical - subject to the info supplied on the application form - suspect I will have to do a medical due to size and weight lol

The suspense is killing me !!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Your telling me, its a long old process, so whats your life story missyk? You like one of us whos applied for the PSNI?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

think most of us on here have gave the PSNI a go, was anyone close to getting in last time around?

swl33t wrote: »
    think most of us on here have gave the PSNI a go, was anyone close to getting in last time around?

Just fell a bit short on the old merit list, bit too far down it to get to the vetting and medical stage.

I know the most of us here are/were wanna be cops, just noticed that missyk only registered the other day so is fairly new to boards altogether and took a while to find us here, just wonderin what took her (pressuming your female missy) down this old route,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

I applied for the PSNI but was only using it as practice for NIPS recruitment campaign.Got through everything but mustn't have been high enough on merit list.wouldn't have taken it even if I was offered it, doesn't appeal to me.

weepete wrote: »
    Your telling me, its a long old process, so whats your life story missyk? You like one of us whos applied for the PSNI?

Yes weepete, I applied once or twice, bit disheartening getting to the end but apparantly I am not from the right community background to be able to carry out the duties of a police officer, so gave up, had kids and here I am again !! :rolleyes:

Just fell a bit short on the old merit list, bit too far down it to get to the vetting and medical stage.

I know the most of us here are/were wanna be cops, just noticed that missyk only registered the other day so is fairly new to boards altogether and took a while to find us here, just wonderin what took her (pressuming your female missy) down this old route,

ps. weepete, yes I am female, lol !

euros1 wrote: »
    I applied for the PSNI but was only using it as practice for NIPS recruitment campaign.Got through everything but mustn't have been high enough on merit list.wouldn't have taken it even if I was offered it, doesn't appeal to me.

It was something I would've gave my right arm for at one stage, but funny how things can change, I believe your life is lead out for you and you can't change it no matter what or how hard you try !!

I believe your life is lead out for you and you can't change it no matter what or how hard you try !![/Quote]

Totally agree

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I'm 27

Passed the lot and was just waiting on a start date - reckon I missed out on a place by one intake 67J

I believe your life is lead out for you and you can't change it no matter what or how hard you try !!

Agree with the that totally - but would so like to get out of my current role - 67j

Be prepared for a long wait - the ctc checks take 6 - 8 weeks - so I have been told - 67j

Agree with the that totally - but would so like to get out of my current role - 67j

what I mean is if you are mean't to work with NIPS, then you will ! ;)

Be prepared for a long wait - the ctc checks take 6 - 8 weeks - so I have been told - 67j

great !! :eek:

Anyone recieve any other info today ?

No haven't heard anything else.Did u recieve any info

Received a letter inviting me to a medical (as expected) in the next few weeks - wish me luck - 67j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ali99

67JGood news. Was it a specific date or were u given a range what with holidays etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

I got my enhanced access ni forms on Monday. What do i need to do with it?

sydnor wrote: »
    I got my enhanced access ni forms on Monday. What do i need to do with it?

Was it a certificate saying that they hadn't found any information about you? I got mine on saturday, dont think you have to do anything its just proof that your not a wanted criminal, and you can use that certificate for future use if needs be.

Did anyone else hear about medical yet.I haven't heard, and no post today cause its the 12th July.is royal mail back on tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Was it a certificate saying that they hadn't found any information about you? I got mine on saturday, dont think you have to do anything its just proof that your not a wanted criminal, and you can use that certificate for future use if needs be.

Do the NIPS need a copy?

Do the NIPS need a copy?

Dont think so I assume the NIPS passed it on to access NI for completion and they probably got word back from access NI directly, there was no instructions along with the certificate just the cert. itself, mayb a wee call to recruitment when they reopen is called for, and it anyone finds out be sure to let the rest of us know.

Just in the middle of doin my ctc and on the old criminal convictions bit, i got a ticket and fine for an obscured number plate have declared it on the ctc but didnt on anyother nips forms cause i assume they meant penalty points, driving bans and other serious crimes, anyone know if that'll cause any bother?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Dont think so I assume the NIPS passed it on to access NI for completion and they probably got word back from access NI directly, there was no instructions along with the certificate just the cert. itself, mayb a wee call to recruitment when they reopen is called for, and it anyone finds out be sure to let the rest of us know.
    is this the vetting yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Do the NIPS need a copy?

I do access ni checks or my current job and they send a copy to us (the people who requested it) and the person who the check was for, so I'd imagine it will be the same! They'll send a copy to us for our records and a copy to the prison service for their records :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Got a letter inviting me to medical next week.

Be prepared to pull sickies people, letter states "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the 'order of merit'. Failure to attend will result in you being removed from the competition."

See someone said CTC can take 6-8 weeks? May get a move on, started it a couple of weeks ago but haven't submitted it yet!

• Advertisement

grad10 wrote: »
    Got a letter inviting me to medical next week.

Be prepared to pull sickies people, letter states "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the 'order of merit'. Failure to attend will result in you being removed from the competition."

See someone said CTC can take 6-8 weeks? May get a move on, started it a couple of weeks ago but haven't submitted it yet!

Where abouts on the merit list are you? I'm in the top ten and havent got my medical invite but i'm out in the sticks and with the holidays post may be delayed a touch, by the way the CTC was acting up on me today wiped out all my info three times and when I tried to submit it, it messed up too, I think i'll be giving DVA a wee tinkle in the morning.

Advertisement