Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

weepete wrote: »
    Where abouts on the merit list are you? I'm in the top ten and havent got my medical invite but i'm out in the sticks and with the holidays post may be delayed a touch, by the way the CTC was acting up on me today wiped out all my info three times and when I tried to submit it, it messed up too, I think i'll be giving DVA a wee tinkle in the morning.

100-120, only got letter yesterday so I'd say you're right prob just a delay with the holidays! Great, I'll try to be careful which buttons I press!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

grad10 wrote: »
    100-120, only got letter yesterday so I'd say you're right prob just a delay with the holidays! Great, I'll try to be careful which buttons I press!

Not sure if it was a problem with my internet or at that end but when i hit "save" it rerouted me to an error page and when I went back in it was all wiped. (p.s the "rerouted" bit wasn't a pun to mark what day of the year it is)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

grad10 wrote: »
    Not giving you too much notice with your medical next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Ali99 wrote: »
    67JGood news. Was it a specific date or were u given a range what with holidays etc?

Specific date and very short notice as you will see from other posts

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

where are they being held? please not bangor :(

• Advertisement

swl33t wrote: »
    where are they being held? please not bangor :(

Mine is in central Belfast - hope thats what you want to hear - 67j

hmm not much better :( could well be different be depending on what part of the country we are from, I'll soon see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

sydnor wrote: »
    Not giving you too much notice with your medical next week.

Sure isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 josh2705

Guys, Just come across this forum. Completed CTC last week, what sort of days next week are people getting invites to the medical? Panicking as others seem to be getting short notice and haven't received my letter yet. Thanks, Josh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

wonder will we hear on the day if we pass medical? first time doing this kind of thing so dont really know what to expect.

• Advertisement

josh2705 wrote: »
    Guys, Just come across this forum. Completed CTC last week, what sort of days next week are people getting invites to the medical? Panicking as others seem to be getting short notice and haven't received my letter yet. Thanks, Josh.

Out of interest, whereabouts are you on the Merit List?

100 - 110

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

im in same merit range as yourself josh and havent heard anything about a medical yet, though probally with the holidays it might come tomorrow. Do you think everyone will go through a medical?

yeah i would say so. but will have to wait until tomorrow till post returns to normal.

CTC finally submitted, figured out what the problem was silly me i was using firefox instead of internet explorer, goes to show you really have to read the instructions they give ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    wonder will we hear on the day if we pass medical? first time doing this kind of thing so dont really know what to expect.

Very unlikely they would tell you you have passed / failed medical on the day.

hayes_1991 wrote: »

As delancy said highly unlikely they will tell you - however in the recent PSNI one I underwent - whilst they did not tell you directly you got a fairly good indication - 67j

CTC finally submitted, figured out what the problem was silly me i was using firefox instead of internet explorer, goes to show you really have to read the instructions they give ya

not before time - saying that I tried to complete it on my on my personal PC (with Chrome) - in the end had to use my work laptop - 67J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

I got my medical for early next week too :eek:

Looks like my postie has been and gone for the day and with no letter from the recruitment branch.

Anyone else get any word today?

• Advertisement

Looks like my postie has been and gone for the day and with no letter from the recruitment branch.

Anyone else get any word today?

Still waitin on my postie too buddy but will post if i get anything gonna call recruitment on monday first thing it see what the craic is

Postman been and gone, no letter! Boo hiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Postman been and gone, no letter! Boo hiss

I've had nothing either-not sure if it's a bad sign!?? :(

Shawsy wrote: »

Hoping it's just a delay with the post for the public holidays.

Although I've got this totally irrational fear that my medical is on Monday and because I've got no way of knowing I'm going to miss it and be removed from the recruitment process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Hoping it's just a delay with the post for the public holidays.

Although I've got this totally irrational fear that my medical is on Monday and because I've got no way of knowing I'm going to miss it and be removed from the recruitment process.

That's Wots worrying me! Wot if its scheduled for Monday but because post is messed up we miss it and then get kicked out? I'm gonna ring Monday morning just in case.

That's Wots worrying me! Wot if its scheduled for Monday but because post is messed up we miss it and then get kicked out? I'm gonna ring Monday morning just in case.

Likewise buddy, if anyone who has recieved a medical invite would be so kind as to confirm that they dont have appointments on monday or if they feel good enough to send a wee private message that they DO have one on monday it would be a great help to all those still in the dark.

Please and thank you.

i received nothing either!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 arrow99

Got my letter thismorning and have medical this week. Unfortunately I am going on a family holiday in 2 days time! Gutted. Will ring on monday morning to see if any way I can change medical appointment but it says we can't. Could have to cancel holiday or catch another flight out later in week!!!

arrow99 wrote: »
    Got my letter thismorning and have medical this week. Unfortunately I am going on a family holiday in 2 days time! Gutted. Will ring on monday morning to see if any way I can change medical appointment but it says we can't. Could have to cancel holiday or catch another flight out later in week!!!

Can I ask what day is the medical and whereabouts on the Merit list you were?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 arrow99

arrow99 wrote: »

Can I ask what day is the medical and whereabouts on the Merit list you were?

Thursday and in top 10.

Advertisement