Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Just had a thought there is every chance they indeed to get 100+ people through the medical a day similar to the AC so we could see the entire medicals bein done in 2/3 days! It is a bit short sighted doin it during the holiday period though!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

sydnor wrote: »
    Can I ask what day is the medical and whereabouts on the Merit list you were?

as stated earlier - mine is on tuesday and placed under 30 - would give them a ring 1st thing monday - 67j

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

they don't seem to be in order at all then going by what you two have said, wonder why they're making the fuss about re organising things!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 arrow99

1967J wrote: »
    sydnor wrote: »
    Can I ask what day is the medical and whereabouts on the Merit list you were?

as stated earlier - mine is on tuesday and placed under 30 - would give them a ring 1st thing monday - 67j

Cheers pal, will do for sure! Dont wanna disappoint my kids with no daddy on hols!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

I still haven't heard word about medical either and worried incase there is a mess up with royal mail.if its meant to be tomorrow I'm kinda screwed.going to ring recruitment in the morning to see wat the craic is.with this being the twelfth fortnight I would say a lot of people are on holidays and will not know about upcoming medicals and will be removed from process as a result as they are unable to reschedule them.don't think that is really fair.

• Advertisement

euros1 wrote: »
    I still haven't heard word about medical either and worried incase there is a mess up with royal mail.if its meant to be tomorrow I'm kinda screwed.going to ring recruitment in the morning to see wat the craic is.with this being the twelfth fortnight I would say a lot of people are on holidays and will not know about upcoming medicals and will be removed from process as a result as they are unable to reschedule them.don't think that is really fair.

I agree totally but they have been vicious with cutting people before i.e if you didnt fill in your application in BLACK ink, you werent invited to the IST but that showed a failure in the applicant to follow instructions properly, i cant see them being able to cut you off the merit list due to the failure of the letter delivery system, otherwise they will have a big complaint put in with a few strongly worded letters.

weepete wrote: »
    I agree totally but they have been vicious with cutting people before i.e if you didnt fill in your application in BLACK ink, you werent invited to the IST but that showed a failure in the applicant to follow instructions properly, i cant see them being able to cut you off the merit list due to the failure of the letter delivery system, otherwise they will have a big complaint put in with a few strongly worded letters.

There might be a little bit of room for movement but compared to the PSNI this recruitment is being run on a much shorter timeframe and really that is the only excuse that they need - if you cannot make the appointment (bar maybe people on Monday - tomorrow) then in theory there is little that they have to do - if they are hoping to start an intake in Sept - (presume the start of the month) then really letters of offer are only a matter of weeks away if as they said to me they want to allow a 4 week notice period. 67j

There might be a little bit of room for movement but compared to the PSNI this recruitment is being run on a much shorter timeframe and really that is the only excuse that they need - if you cannot make the appointment (bar maybe people on Monday - tomorrow) then in theory there is little that they have to do - if they are hoping to start an intake in Sept - (presume the start of the month) then really letters of offer are only a matter of weeks away if as they said to me they want to allow a 4 week notice period. 67j

Well lets hope they arent doin any medicals and none of us are suppose to attend on monday cause they'll be gettin themselves back into the swing of things after the holiday break.

Ali99 wrote: »
    What is the point of having an order of merit if non-attendance happens because of holidays or post, etc?Just think things are being pushed through so fast now as recruitment want to pass onto medical side so they can go on their holidays!!!!!!
    Hope they have no letters of invitation to promotion boards while they are away.
    Maybe not such a great employer after all.

Think there may be an argument due to postal issues, however they would not be alone in stipulating re the holidays - PSNI had something similar from memory - its just a fact of life unfortunately

Ali99 wrote: »
    What is the point of having an order of merit if non-attendance happens because of holidays or post, etc?Just think things are being pushed through so fast now as recruitment want to pass onto medical side so they can go on their holidays!!!!!!
    Hope they have no letters of invitation to promotion boards while they are away.
    Maybe not such a great employer after all.

Same problem with the order of merit happened with the PSNI on two fronts 1. If you were catholic and low down the list you got in above people higher than you, due to the now decommissioned 50/50 policy and 2. If you were lower down the list but your vetting passed ahead of others higher up you got in.
    Think there may be an argument due to postal issues, however they would not be alone in stipulating re the holidays - PSNI had something similar from memory - its just a fact of life unfortunately

PSNI would only allow change of dates and times, with proof of working rota and holiday bookings/tickets. You couldnt just wanna change cause Man U were playing Liverpool.

• Advertisement

Come on the Liverpool lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Well lets hope they arent doin any medicals and none of us are suppose to attend on monday cause they'll be gettin themselves back into the swing of things after the holiday break.

I could be wrong but it seems the first day for medicals is Tuesday !

missyk1 wrote: »

Wat makes u think that

Wat makes u think that

Just a few I've been messaging are on Tuesday, how long ago did you send in the ctc, you probably won't get word until that's completed. And I think they take 1-2 people every hour so might take them a good 2 weeks to complete the first lot of medicals.

Just a few I've been messaging are on Tuesday, how long ago did you send in the ctc, you probably won't get word until that's completed. And I think they take 1-2 people every hour so might take them a good 2 weeks to complete the first lot of medicals.
    grad10 wrote: »
    Got a letter inviting me to medical next week.

Be prepared to pull sickies people, letter states "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the 'order of merit'. Failure to attend will result in you being removed from the competition."

See someone said CTC can take 6-8 weeks? May get a move on, started it a couple of weeks ago but haven't submitted it yet!

Grad 10 got a letter for medical but had yet to submit his CTC and if the wish not to compromise the 'order of merit' surely they would start at the top and work down, but there appears to be no logic or order from the people who have posted. As previously stated hopefully they'll take monday to gather their thoughts after the long weekend before starting medicals, i can see the phones bein red hot tomorrow. Kinda feel sorry for the guys and dolls who aren't on here who may be subject to postal disruption and lose out. But it is a dog eat dog world and i know a few boardies who need a few drop outs to be in with a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

does the ctc website update at all once they have completed it on their side? mines currently says
    Your application's status is:
    Waiting for sponsor actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Grad 10 got a letter for medical but had yet to submit his CTC and if the wish not to compromise the 'order of merit' surely they would start at the top and work down, but there appears to be no logic or order from the people who have posted. As previously stated hopefully they'll take monday to gather their thoughts after the long weekend before starting medicals, i can see the phones bein red hot tomorrow. Kinda feel sorry for the guys and dolls who aren't on here who may be subject to postal disruption and lose out. But it is a dog eat dog world and i know a few boardies who need a few drop outs to be in with a shout.

*Her CTC :)

Yeah not sure why the letter talks about compromising the order of merit, whenever I'm in the 100's and have medical earlier in the week than those in the top 10, and haven't submitted my CTC.

Hope people get their letters today/ get sorted out so nobody is left out!

Got a letter inviting me to medical next week.

Be prepared to pull sickies people, letter states "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the 'order of merit'. Failure to attend will result in you being removed from the competition."

See someone said CTC can take 6-8 weeks? May get a move on, started it a couple of weeks ago but haven't submitted it yet!

Holds hands up and was wrong over ctc being completed before medical 😲, sorry !
    Was just a thought, hopefully everyone gets sorted today.

I'm gonna ring them at 9am and see wat the craic is.hope its not today-il have to throw a sickie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

I'm gonna ring them at 9am and see wat the craic is.hope its not today-il have to throw a sickie.
    Remember to post on here as soon as you do. ;)

• Advertisement

No probs

*Her CTC :)

My apologies grad10

Holds hands up and was wrong over ctc being completed before medical 😲, sorry !
    Was just a thought, hopefully everyone gets sorted today.

Dont worry about it, it was a logical thougt that they would only spend money on medicals if vetting was cleared i sort of thoght the same, but probably to save time their doin it now

Rang recruitment about medical letter.they said the files are sent to their medical dept to arrange it.explained the situation that I was worried it was delayed with holidays and didn't want to miss it.they said if haven't got letter by Thursday or Friday to ring them.they didn't seem concerned at all so nothing to worry about.we will probably get letters this week.

swl33t wrote: »
    does the ctc website update at all once they have completed it on their side? mines currently says
    Your application's status is:
    Waiting for sponsor actions

Dont honestly know, I would imagine our sponser would have a wee look at it before submittimg it to the DVA and they then do their thing but like most of this process its all guess work.

Rang recruitment about medical letter.they said the files are sent to their medical dept to arrange it.explained the situation that I was worried it was delayed with holidays and didn't want to miss it.they said if haven't got letter by Thursday or Friday to ring them.they didn't seem concerned at all so nothing to worry about.we will probably get letters this week.

Well thats sounds like good news, postie is gonna have a very excitable kid waiting for him everyday till it gets here

Rang recruitment there myself as i had a seperate issue to discuss, again same story as euro1 if no word by the end of the week give them a call back, bit of a weight off my mind, but possibly a bigger one on, due to the other issue i was discussing. P.s few intake classes starting in and around the start of September.

Rang recruitment there myself as i had a seperate issue to discuss, again same story as euro1 if no word by the end of the week give them a call back, bit of a weight off my mind, but possibly a bigger one on, due to the other issue i was discussing. P.s few intake classes starting in and around the start of September.

hey weepete.Would this other issue u are concerned about effect anyone else.

hey weepete.Would this other issue u are concerned about effect anyone else.

From what the lady told me either i had already asked her about it or one other person is in the exact same situation, its just about my personal situation as it will be at the time of intakes. If it had of been a comunial issue, it would be up here.

No probs,cheers.

• Advertisement

I would like to be in the first few intakes but Sept is cutting it tight with notice period in work and getting ctc clearance.in saying that if I got it in writing my starting date I could just quit

Advertisement