Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

euros1 wrote: »
    Hey Guys/Ladies, how much notice do yous have to give in ur work

1 month!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

same here looking forward to hearing what all is involved in it, have been checking forum here since 10am to see if anyone has posted about it

Same here - when I was talking to recruitment they said that they mightnt be able to give us as much notice as that, not really worried though as what is ur current job really going to do - il just say when my last day is and that is it. Hope nothing goes wrong with medical or vetting - just want to see it in writing that I have got it

Same here - when I was talking to recruitment they said that they mightnt be able to give us as much notice as that, not really worried though as what is ur current job really going to do - il just say when my last day is and that is it. Hope nothing goes wrong with medical or vetting - just want to see it in writing that I have got it

Yea i'm not really worried about the notice period - to be honest i'm willing to take the risk of not working the full notice period if needed!
    Would be nice if they could just give us an idea of when it might be so I could at least warn my boss though lol

That's if it all goes through without a hitch from here on in though - I hope its just now a matter of paperwork before we get our offers :)

Just hope there is no problem with Medical or vetting - dont see why there would be but I cant help worrying - really want to get out of this job im in, have no drive in it at all as I know I could be handing my notice in soon.how ru yous coping with your current job at the minute?

• Advertisement

Not in a bad job but same as yourself - have no motivation for it anymore!
    Been here 10 years with no promotion prospects and facing redundancy and pay cuts etc so I will be over the moon if I get out.

I will be so upset if this doesn't pan out and I end up having to sit here hating it for another 10 years or until they decide to get rid of my job.

Fingers crossed :D

Shawsy wrote: »
    Not in a bad job but same as yourself - have no motivation for it anymore!
    Been here 10 years with no promotion prospects and facing redundancy and pay cuts etc so I will be over the moon if I get out.

I will be so upset if this doesn't pan out and I end up having to sit here hating it for another 10 years or until they decide to get rid of my job.

Fingers crossed :D

Fingers crossed is right - Ive been in my job 8 years and from the day and hour I started ive been looking out and into NIPS. Im sure we will all be ok and we will get in - the hard bit is over - getting in the top 200 was always my aim and to be honest I didnt think I would have a chance, 5000 people applying - I think we are all realy fortunate to be in this position - im sure there will be times when we are working a night shift on a Sat night and thinking I cant be bothered with this and Il think how crap my current job is and be happy where I am - Bring it on. Cant wait - where were u on merit list? What prison did ya put down as ur first preference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Guys all went well today, was pretty much as euros described before !!

Ps. I would like to give a month, but if I can't , nothing we can do !

missyk1 wrote: »
    Guys all went well today, was pretty much as euros described before !!

Brilliant - I was waiting for you or 67j to say how it went. Did they have notes from your Doctor and did he/she go through them with you. What was the eye test like, was there a hearing test - sorry for all the questions lol

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed is right - Ive been in my job 8 years and from the day and hour I started ive been looking out and into NIPS. Im sure we will all be ok and we will get in - the hard bit is over - getting in the top 200 was always my aim and to be honest I didnt think I would have a chance, 5000 people applying - I think we are all realy fortunate to be in this position - im sure there will be times when we are working a night shift on a Sat night and thinking I cant be bothered with this and Il think how crap my current job is and be happy where I am - Bring it on. Cant wait - where were u on merit list? What prison did ya put down as ur first preference?

I'm not that far up the list unfortunately, sitting at 180/190 so am kinda panicking that they may not take the full 200 and then i'll be one of the ones who miss out :( What about you?
    I put Hydebank on as my first choice - not really that bothered which one I get though!

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Just hope there is no problem with Medical or vetting - dont see why there would be but I cant help worrying - really want to get out of this job im in, have no drive in it at all as I know I could be handing my notice in soon.how ru yous coping with your current job at the minute?

working part time as i graduated at the start of the month, will be grateful to get a full time job offer

I'm not that far up the list unfortunately, sitting at 180/190 so am kinda panicking that they may not take the full 200 and then i'll be one of the ones who miss out :( What about you?
    I put Hydebank on as my first choice - not really that bothered which one I get though!

I was 10/20 in merit list - put Maghaberry down, followed by Hydebank and then Magilligan. Im sure they will take the 200 on

I was 10/20 in merit list - put Maghaberry down, followed by Hydebank and then Magilligan. Im sure they will take the 200 on

Here's hoping!!

swl33t wrote: »
    working part time as i graduated at the start of the month, will be grateful to get a full time job offer

nice one, where were u on list

Magilligan, Maghaberry then hydebank! Not really fussed anyway, just more a locational thing! ah i was between 165-175, still no word back about the medical though :(

swl33t wrote: »
    Magilligan, Maghaberry then hydebank! Not really fussed anyway, just more a locational thing! ah i was between 165-175, still no word back about the medical though :(

Magilligan is too far away from me - Maghaberry would be ideal - hopefully I get it. Think Magilligan would be the easiest to work in though, same here ive still no word - will update yas all when I here - which is hopefully today.

yeah best of luck anyway keep us posted and i'll do the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Postman been and gone, no letters for me, and the recruitment branch havent got back to me either,

Missy, approx. how many people were there and was it an all day thing or do you think they could do a couple of sessions a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Nothing to worry about folks! Unless you're claustrophobic! Staff are all lovely :)

• Advertisement

I dont have any as i've no signed contract with them, but i did hear there is an unwritten rule of 1 week per year with the company up to a total of 4 i.e a month, i but down on my sheet form the NIPS 2-4 weeks. However as my work has just had a few resignations of late and a materinty leave comin up i dont really wanna be a conplete B&@/£;€# and leave them in the lurch, but it may all change if and when i get that special call!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

weepete wrote: »
    Missy, approx. how many people were there and was it an all day thing or do you think they could do a couple of sessions a day?

I'd say there were at least 5 others in at the same time as me for the same reason. There are a number of nurses and doctors who take you through the different parts. I was there for 1 hour 45 minutes but I think they were a bit behind.

Wonder how 67j is getting on

loads of us on the boards today - none of us seem to be doing much work these days lol

loads of us on the boards today - none of us seem to be doing much work these days lol

Obsessed with this whole process i think!! lol
    Can't wait until its all over

lol ur right - me too

Obsessed with this whole process i think!! lol
    Can't wait until its all over

I'd say i was on here every 5 mins last night while at work, its alot quietier at night to be honest, feel a little lost, but thats the loss of interest in work kickin in.

Yeah I look at it all day in work - think its all I do in work now to be honest lol

grad10 wrote: »
    weepete wrote: »

I'd say there were at least 5 others in at the same time as me for the same reason. There are a number of nurses and doctors who take you through the different parts. I was there for 1 hour 45 minutes but I think they were a bit behind.

Yes I agree about another 3-4 and I was there just under an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Here's hoping!!

Shawsy I do not think there will be an issue with the 200 being recruited and with a few drop outs and ctc check delays you're probably in with a good shout - just make sure if they ask you for any further info, they have it asap in order to avoid any unnecessary hold ups

Advertisement