Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

swl33t wrote: »
    still nothing, anyone else waiting on a medical still not heard?

Still not heard yet-post not here today yet tho! Not sure if I should phone again anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Shawsy wrote: »
    still nothing, anyone else waiting on a medical still not heard?

Still not heard yet-post not here today yet tho! Not sure if I should phone again anyways?

I gave them a buzz and theyre supposed to get back to me

Oh really? Are they going to find out what is happening with your medical then?

I've just sent off an email but might ring as well if you get any information then!

Oh really? Are they going to find out what is happening with your medical then?

I've just sent off an email but might ring as well if you get any information then!

No use really lol they cant check as its done externally but i should hear something soon

No use really lol they cant check as its done externally but i should hear something soon

But then how can they tell if your letter has simply gone astray in the post or something? How would they or you ever know? This external body might think you just haven't turned up?

And surely they get their instruction from the prison service as to who to call for the medical so the least they can do is confirm that they have instructed them to call you for one!?

Seems a bit badly organised - Ah well back to just waiting then :(

If I get anything else back from my email i'll update here but I won't hold my breath!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

Hopefully the letters will come for you guys/girls soon - you would think they would need to get this out of the way if they are starting groups in September .

So close I can nearly taste it

Ok so I got a reply to my email and as expected not a lot of information.

They just said that this stage of the recruitment process can take some time and there is nothing to worry about and I will be called for medical within 2 weeks!

They also said that there is no set start date if I am successful in gettin through the security and medical but they will give plenty of notice.

So not a lot I can do but just wait some more :) haha

They just said that this stage of the recruitment process can take some time and there is nothing to worry about and I will be called for medical within 2 weeks!

They also said that there is no set start date if I am successful in gettin through the security and medical but they will give plenty of notice.

we may just sit tight, keep me posted and i will do the same

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

They are hoping to start recruits in Sept, I assume that it will be rolling from then until early next year, until they get the numbers required. They also said they hoped to give at least 4 weeks notice of your start date - 67j

missyk1 wrote: »
    Anything at all really !!

Missy I think you and I and a few others will not hear anything for another couple of weeks. In my opinion we are waiting for the ctc to finish and then we will hear more ie if and when they want us to start - 67j

• Advertisement

Had a chat with recruitment today re actual posting and they confirmed that we will be advised in our offer letter where we will get posted after training - might cause a few to drop out - although they did say they do try to be accommodating - 67j

1967J wrote: »
    Had a chat with recruitment today re actual posting and they confirmed that we will be advised in our offer letter where we will get posted after training - might cause a few to drop out - although they did say they do try to be accommodating - 67j

I'll be happy with any of the sites - but it's good that they are gonna let people know prior to starting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

They are hoping to start recruits in Sept anntil early d I assume that it will be rolling from then until early next year, until they get the numbers required. They also said they hoped to give at least 4 weeks notice of your start date - 67j

Was it recruitment that stated September? Seems a little early to me by the time CTC clearance comes through, considering you have 2 months to complete it yourself and then it can take anything up to 8 weeks to clear - intakes go in order of merit so say (for example) there are 40 per intake, it would mean the top scorers would all have had to have it done pretty sharpish. And then with 4 weeks notice on top of that? Perhaps late September, that would mean having to send out offer of appointment letters in 4-6 weeks time for the first intake. Hope it's right though! Prob just comparing it to PSNI which was so slow. Guess they have got the ball rolling with the medicals etc pretty hastily. Not expecting to start myself until October/November with a merit score in the low 100's. What does everyone else think? Anybody any inside info/ rumours of intake numbers/ shifts/ salary etc?

grad10 wrote: »
    Was it recruitment that stated September? Seems a little early to me by the time CTC clearance comes through, considering you have 2 months to complete it yourself and then it can take anything up to 8 weeks to clear - intakes go in order of merit so say (for example) there are 40 per intake, it would mean the top scorers would all have had to have it done pretty sharpish. And then with 4 weeks notice on top of that? Perhaps late September, that would mean having to send out offer of appointment letters in 4-6 weeks time for the first intake. Hope it's right though! Prob just comparing it to PSNI which was so slow. Guess they have got the ball rolling with the medicals etc pretty hastily. Not expecting to start myself until October/November with a merit score in the low 100's. What does everyone else think? Anybody any inside info/ rumours of intake numbers/ shifts/ salary etc?

Yes i spoke to recruitment a while back and they confirmed Sept as the kick off date - could not be more specific re start of end - myself I would have thought October more likely - if your ctc etccleared before others then you could find yourself in one of the earlier intakes - it may not go strictly in order of merit nos from here on in - if your ctc clears before mine you may get a start before me - hence the need for accuracy and speed for the forms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

P.S. I don't mean to get in before you 67j! Sooner the better for all of us! :)

No post today....

Sighs .....

What are you waiting on ..................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

No post today....

Sighs .....

What are you waiting on ..................

I'm waiting on my medical invite still!

Think until we see movement on the ctc checks then we will most likely not hear anything - just think somewhere there is a list with our names on it just wating for the checks to come back so someone can phone us -67j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Think until we see movement on the ctc checks then we will most likely not hear anything - just think somewhere there is a list with our names on it just wating for the checks to come back so someone can phone us -67j

Are you checking the progress on yours ?

I didn't get anything either :(

• Advertisement

I didn't get anything either :(
    Either did i :( if anything at least theres a few of us which means its unlikely it was lost in the post etc

Are you checking the progress on yours ?

every couple of days or so - think I last had a look about Thursday - hopefully within the next week or two we might start to see some movement - given the timeframes that the recruitment team suggest - fingers crossed - 67j

My CTC says in progress to.Had it done before end of June.hopefully it will be completed soon.Medical this week-looking forward to that being over

You will fly through it !!
    Yeah im sure it will be ok, lookin forward to getting that call so I can hand my notice into work.

Same here !!

And here - really pissing me off at the moment - could be that Monday feeling - 67j

looking forward to getting that medical letter in any way shape or form lol

Same here !!

And here - really pissing me off at the moment - could be that Monday feeling - 67j

My everydays a Monday then !! lol
    Think it's just the waiting ......

I'm sure I'm getting over excited for nothing, had a missed call from an unknown
    Number, hate that !!!! Argghhhhh

Is this thread closed ? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Is this thread closed ? :(

No missyk1 - still open for business but I would ask you all to note the following -

I have just deleted a score or more posts that I will describe as being of ' no value ' , by that I mean they said things like '' LOL '' , '' Thanks '' , '' Same Here '' , '' Good Luck '' , etc .

Remember that there are other users who may not post in this forum but still look in regularly for updates - these 2 or 3 word posts just make the forum harder to use and information that bit harder to find.
    Feel free to use PM's for the ' Good Luck ' banter but please try and keep it off the forum.
    To thank a post just click on the Thumb symbol on the bottom right corner of that post.

This is a' gentle reminder ' folks - no infractions or anything like it. Thanks

Advertisement