Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hayes_2012

Really wish that this medical would come this week. On night shift and having too much time to think lol. Think a bit more information about the job would be good too but suppose for security reasons they cant be telling everyone before they are accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Where is everyone hiding ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

missyk1 wrote: »
    Where is everyone hiding ?!

Nothing to report this week so far missyk1 :(
    Just still waiting on my medical letter which I was told should be coming soon so until I get that I can't really do much :(

I take it still no word for you since your medical?
    By the way did they tell you there and then that you passed or did they just not say anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Shawsy wrote: »
    Just still waiting on my medical letter which I was told should be coming soon so until I get that I can't really do much :(

By the way did they tell you there and then that you passed or did they just not say anything?

Give you a fair good indication as to how you did - from memory he discussed that I was fit for role with no problems

1967J wrote: »

Give you a fair good indication as to how you did - from memory he discussed that I was fit for role with no problems

Yes same here shawsy, he indicated I was fit for the position but didn't actually say it .

No word yet unfortunately ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

more post, no medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

Not much happening on here these days,guess we are all just waiting for more info.I imagine it will be a few weeks before we hear more.has anyone checked what status their CTC is at now

euros1 wrote: »
    Not much happening on here these days,guess we are all just waiting for more info.I imagine it will be a few weeks before we hear more.has anyone checked what status their CTC is at now

Did you have your medical yet euros1??
    If so how'd it go?

I've had no notification of a medical as yet - getting very annoyed now!
    I haven't checked my CTC status, must do that when I get home later.

few weeks, stop it ...

will check it now .......

Guess what guys, its .........

'in progress'

• Advertisement

Did you have your medical yet euros1??
    If so how'd it go?

I've had no notification of a medical as yet - getting very annoyed now!
    I haven't checked my CTC status, must do that when I get home later.
    It went well.fit for duty

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BILLYSAUCE

Well for anyone out there who was placed number 300+ on the merit list...alittle hope...

I got a reply back today about my merit placing (360-370) - I asked when or if I would receive any further correspondance...I received the following...

"We are currently processing the top 300 candidates...not sure when we will be moving further down the list but estimated within the next few weeks...thanks for your patience"

....not much but its something :o

It went well.fit for duty

Well done you - now sit back and join the queue with the rest of us - expect to get very bored and restless waiting - 67j

Bit of news - just checked on my CTC and it says - completed - now part of me goes big yeah!!!!!!!!!!! but a little part goes oh fu@# - is this possibly the end of the road - not that there is anything in my background that could cause this but you know where I am coming from - to pre empt the questions I submitted on the 9th July and had a fairly easy history as I have only one address as do most of my immediate family.

Bring on that letter or phone call - PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS had to double and treble check the CTC page to be sure

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Bit of news - just checked on my CTC and it says - completed - now part of me goes big yeah!!!!!!!!!!! but a little part goes oh fu@# - is this possibly the end of the road - not that there is anything in my background that could cause this but you know where I am coming from - to pre empt the questions I submitted on the 9th July and had a fairly easy history as I have only one address as do most of my immediate family.

happy days thats good to hear! I submitted mine a day later and have similar circumstances so i will be checking tomorrow!

Nice one, brilliant news 67j - I have similar circumstances - completed mine before end of June but its still in progress.hopefully it will say completed soon

See this is so frustrating because I submitted mine back at the end of June and mine is still saying 'in progress' - obviously it has nothing to do with when it was submitted! They must be dealing with people in a certain order :(
    Still no medical either.

See this is so frustrating because I submitted mine back at the end of June and mine is still saying 'in progress' - obviously it has nothing to do with when it was submitted! They must be dealing with people in a certain order :(
    Still no medical either.

Not honestly sure what they are doing - dependant upon the number of address's that you have had will impact on the time taken to complete - obviously goes for all family members as well - Mine was easy with only one address for each member - cannot remember your merit score - were did you place - they might be going in a numerical order but I know there are some that placed higher than myself - good luck

Not honestly sure what they are doing - dependant upon the number of address's that you have had will impact on the time taken to complete - obviously goes for all family members as well - Mine was easy with only one address for each member - cannot remember your merit score - were did you place - they might be going in a numerical order but I know there are some that placed higher than myself - good luck

No my situation is pretty much the same as yours - only one address for me and for family so can't be about that. It could be order of merit as I'm behind you I think, i'm 180-190 so hopefully thats all its about :)

Still can't help but be a little worried though, if i'd already had my medical i'd feel better but with no sign of even that I can't help but think there is something wrong - especially if they are already starting to look at some on the reserve list before even processing the likes of me and others in the same boat you know?

Ah well not a lot I can do! :eek:

Don't think there is anything to be worried about.I was 10-20 in merit list and its still in progress.this is just a slow process and it can take up to 8 weeks for CTC.I'm sure in the next month or so we will get that call.

• Advertisement

When did you submit it ?

Well done !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Just thought I'd mention, Dundonald House suffered damaged in the floods last month and it is on the news today that thousands of files were soaked. It didn't say it was recruitment files but I'd say every member staff at Dundonald house are desperately trying to salvage the files and that could be the cause of delay.

When did you submit it ?

Well done !

Mines pretty similar to you, top 30, fairly straight forward, all one addresses etc, and still in progress. Submitted 8th July !

Mines pretty similar to you, top 30, fairly straight forward, all one addresses etc, and still in progress. Submitted 8th July !

I submitted on the 9th July near midnight to be precise - Hopefully you will hear in the next day or so

I submitted on the 9th July near midnight to be precise - Hopefully you will hear in the next day or so

Here's hoping 1967j, but well done you !

Hates waiting :( !

Hates waiting :( !

You and me both (and a number of others on here)

Anyone any news ?

I don't !!!!

Anyone any news ?

I don't !!!!

Nope :(

• Advertisement

It's just a waiting game.the next news to be heard will hopefully be offer of employment.

Advertisement