Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I received a letter saying that my application has been unsuccessful because I didn't fill out the equality form, after I distinctly remember filling it out.

Did you fill in every box. I wrote Does Not Apply in every single box I didn't use on the app form and the Eq form. Even wrote Does Not Apply on the additional information sheet they provided.

Buzz35 wrote: »
    Yep, got my letter too. By the wording none of us should expect to here back about results any-time soon.

It was written on their site somewhere that there could be a year long wait between being accepted and being offered a postion.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

on my letter it says applicant number 302xx, didn't think that many would apply?

swl33t wrote: »
    on my letter it says applicant number 302xx, didn't think that many would apply?

Mine was 34xxx!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

im 35k! hopefully large numbers wont turn up for aptitudes like with the psni and give all us genuinely interested applicants a better chance

• Advertisement

5000 have applied to join the NIPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Buzz35

Thats not as high as I thought. Around 10k for the last psni campaign. Still plenty of competition though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Have done the test, didn't think it was as hard as the PSNI one, although the idea is similar.

Probably jinxed myself by saying that now.

sydnor wrote: »
    Have done the test, didn't think it was as hard as the PSNI one, although the idea is similar.

Probably jinxed myself by saying that now.

I have done the test too. Deffo not as hard as the PSNI one. Thought it went well. Ah well, time for a wee wait then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Goonerdee wrote: »
    5000 have applied to join the NIPS.

just as a matter of interest is that the official number or is it just word of mouth?

• Advertisement

triple-M wrote: »
    just as a matter of interest is that the official number or is it just word of mouth?

It was the figure stated on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Have mine in the next few weeks - glad to hear not as bad as the PSNI one but to be fair did not think it was to bad -- Wish us all luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Is there a dress code for the aptitude tests?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

grad10 wrote: »
    Is there a dress code for the aptitude tests?

I dressed very casual jeans and jacket nothing fancy for mine, some people were even wearing sweat pants and a one guy had a suit. I don't think there is much emphasis on dress until the next stage. I remember the IST for the Police having no specific dress code.

I'm sure professional presentation is important further on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Cheers elvis.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

going by what the supervisor said the results should be here this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Heard a story that quite a few people didn't get invited to the aptitude test for a number of reasons -lack of Maths GCSE, past driving offences, etc.

But a few people were also ruled out because they filled out their applications in blue ink.

Cant remember but did it ask for the form to be completed in Black - ability to follow instructions - blah blah blah - them are the rules unfortunately but they are there for a reason

I know?? I would have thought they would have needed all the tests completed and scored to give them a cut-off / pass mark? For example if they are for taking 800 or a thousand forward to the next stage? Maybe all the tests are done?

I know?? I would have thought they would have needed all the tests completed and scored to give them a cut-off / pass mark? For example if they are for taking 800 or a thousand forward to the next stage? Maybe all the tests are done?

It says on their website that all aptitude tests will have been carried out before we are informed of the dates for the next phase.

• Advertisement

1967J wrote: »
    Cant remember but did it ask for the form to be completed in Black - ability to follow instructions - blah blah blah - them are the rules unfortunately but they are there for a reason

Fill out in black ink and leave no box empty, write does not apply or unknown. I wrote those in every box I didn't use, even if it seemed silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭elvis99

Fill out in black ink and leave no box empty, write does not apply or unknown. I wrote those in every box I didn't use, even if it seemed silly.

Exactly what I did, may seem silly but its a test in itself to see how well you follow instructions.

Tests done today -l'd say similar to PSNI standard IMO - closing statement was notification of results in due course - so I for one will not be holding my breath for something anytime soon. l'd expect within the next 3 months as being realistic.

Anyone know when the intakes are being planned for or when those taking up the redundancy package will finish

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

I received an invite after the actual IST and the lady from recruitment said that ISTs ended this FRIDAY (13th) so results should not be too long.

SJAG wrote: »
    I received an invite after the actual IST and the lady from recruitment said that ISTs ended this FRIDAY (13th) so results should not be too long.

You have a letter for the next stage? What is it in the next phase?

You have a letter for the next stage? What is it in the next phase?

Anyone care to elaborate on what can be expected next or point me in the relevant direction
    thx J

Anyone care to elaborate on what can be expected next or point me in the relevant direction
    thx J

I dont know too much about what comes next. Probably a pass/fail letter, then an invitation for assesment centre? No idea on timescales ect. Is this the only thread ?? Would be keen to know as much detail about what might come next as possible..

I dont know too much about what comes next. Probably a pass/fail letter, then an invitation for assesment centre? No idea on timescales ect. Is this the only thread ?? Would be keen to know as much detail about what might come next as possible..

Like yourself I am just trying to get more of an idea re the contents of the assessment centre - seen stuff online re "become a prison officer etc" and just wondered about the suitability thx J

Like yourself I am just trying to get more of an idea re the contents of the assessment centre - seen stuff online re "become a prison officer etc" and just wondered about the suitability thx J

Suitablilty is the big question for me too, as a working environment Im sure its as different as can be from many other jobs. There really is a shortage of info in my opinion. Shift patterns/duties to include/day to day life/training. Would be nice to have more of an insight. Im sure it could be one of those jobs were people could go through the whole process, end up getting a job, and then decide its not for them.

• Advertisement

Suitablilty is the big question for me too, as a working environment Im sure its as different as can be from many other jobs. There really is a shortage of info in my opinion. Shift patterns/duties to include/day to day life/training. Would be nice to have more of an insight. Im sure it could be one of those jobs were people could go through the whole process, end up getting a job, and then decide its not for them.

Totally agree with you on all of the above

Advertisement