Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

hayes_2012 wrote: »
    I spoke to recruitment today and even though my CTC is saying it is completed they still say it hasnt been finished, So don't know what is happening. Maybe a lack of communication. Just another week hounding the postman every day for the medical letter. Wonder how the old prison officers will interact with the new guards?
    Id say most of them will be ok with us but a few will probably try and test us-maybe even more than some of the prisoners.It will be strange for the first while getting used to this-opening a cell and some notorious prisoner sitting there.I can think of a few that I wouldn't want to meet up a dark alley

• Registered Users Posts: 10 hayes_2012

euros1 wrote: »
    Id say most of them will be ok with us but a few will probably try and test us-maybe even more than some of the prisoners.It will be strange for the first while getting used to this-opening a cell and some notorious prisoner sitting there.I can think of a few that I wouldn't want to meet up a dark alley

Yea i know where you are coming from. It definately will be strange, but I have heard you just have to forget what they have done or why they are there or else it can get to you. Really looking foward to getting started though the amount of information given during this whole recruitment campaign has seemed to be lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Yea i know where you are coming from. It definately will be strange, but I have heard you just have to forget what they have done or why they are there or else it can get to you. Really looking foward to getting started though the amount of information given during this whole recruitment campaign has seemed to be lacking.[/Quote]

Yes you aren't allowed to judge anyone for what they have previously done,
    human rights, 2nd chances and all ....

Will be challenging ....

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Yea i know where you are coming from. It definately will be strange, but I have heard you just have to forget what they have done or why they are there or else it can get to you. Really looking foward to getting started though the amount of information given during this whole recruitment campaign has seemed to be lacking.

That's an understatement to say the least

1967J wrote: »
    That's an understatement to say the least

I can honestly say without this forum I would be completely lost. The amount of information I have found on this is amazing. I really pity the people that are in the dark knowing they have passed the assesmment center and done all their forms but have no clue whats happening next.

• Advertisement

Praying for that change of status tomorrow....

Still in progress.that's over a month ago now.hope it is completed soon

Is yours still in progress euros1

missyk1 wrote: »

Is yours still in progress euros1
    Yeah is yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Just heard more bad news about a family member who has been told she may be made redundant in the next month with hardly any pay off.
    We are going through the same thing in my current work, we were sent a letter telling us there will be a meeting shortly to tell us what 'restructuring' will be happening within my department (sounds great) :(

Just makes me even more determined and anxious to get this all finalised once and for all and get into a secure job which I will enjoy.

Can't bear all this waiting :(

• Advertisement

Yeah is yours

unfortunately yes :(

Shawsy wrote: »
    Just heard more bad news about a family member who has been told she may be made redundant in the next month with hardly any pay off.
    We are going through the same thing in my current work, we were sent a letter telling us there will be a meeting shortly to tell us what 'restructuring' will be happening within my department (sounds great) :(

Just makes me even more determined and anxious to get this all finalised once and for all and get into a secure job which I will enjoy.

Can't bear all this waiting :(

hopefully it wont be long now !!

I really think in the next 2 weeks 20 people will be getting a call, just need this CTC completed to be in this group - wish it would hurry up

I really think in the next 2 weeks 20 people will be getting a call, just need this CTC completed to be in this group - wish it would hurry up

Just 20 euros? I was thinking possibly the first 40 ? Wasn't there around 40 in a Psni group ?

Just 20 euros? I was thinking possibly the first 40 ? Wasn't there around 40 in a Psni group ?
    Groups of 20 recruitment said, so meant to be 2 groups in September, one at the start and one in the middle or end. The people in the groups for the start of September I would imagine will get the call in the next few weeks

Groups of 20 recruitment said, so meant to be 2 groups in September, one at the start and one in the middle or end. The people in the groups for the start of September I would imagine will get the call in the next few weeks

That's good to know thanks euros !! I don't mind then what September group I'm in :)

That's good to know thanks euros !! I don't mind then what September group I'm in :)

Totally agree with you on that - on a side note I would not get too hung up on the CTC - mine shows completed but recruitment say some things still outstanding - soooooooo............... frustrating - 67j

Totally agree with you on that - on a side note I would not get too hung up on the CTC - mine shows completed but recruitment say some things still outstanding - soooooooo............... frustrating - 67j

Thanks 1967j, you and euros1 have cheered me up loads today :), I'll get yous a drink in the bar !! however that means when ours is completed, it too will be outstanding for whatever. Maybe DV aren't sending them back until there's a certain number completed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Does it say completed at the top and bottom or just the bottom? Mine says complete at the bottom with the time and date i submitted it and says still in progress at the top.

weepete wrote: »
    Does it say completed at the top and bottom or just the bottom? Mine says complete at the bottom with the time and date i submitted it and says still in progress at the top.

Just means you completed it on that date along the bottom. The title at the top is what stage your application is at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Just means you completed it on that date along the bottom. The title at the top is what stage your application is at.

I know just checkin that 67j hasnt got overexcited with the "completed" phrase by the bottom and missed the "in progress" at the top.

I know just checkin that 67j hasnt got overexcited with the "completed" phrase by the bottom and missed the "in progress" at the top.

I mind doing that myself one day. Only to find it still said "in progress". Still no word of any more medicals. Seems like quite a gap between people getting medical invitations.

Anyone any further on today with their status ? I'm not ....

Guess what its ................ Still in progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Still in progress :(

No - when I seen all of the conversation on here I went back in and checked again - completed top and bottom at this end - but still waiting - thanks

Guess what its ................ Still in progress.

Me too euros1, another day closer ;)

Shawsy wrote: »

Still in progress :(

Me too shawsy :(

No - when I seen all of the conversation on here I went back in and checked again - completed top and bottom at this end - but still waiting - thanks

Yay :) !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Your application's status is:
    Completed

wooo, shame I have no medical :(

Advertisement