Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 steven123455

they have given me less than a weeks notice for the medical and it states on the form "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the "order of merit". Failure to attend the above appointment will result in you being removed from the competition."
    seems unfair on people that may be on holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Still no medical letter!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

they have given me less than a weeks notice for the medical and it states on the form "Please note that an appointment MAY NOT be re-scheduled as the recruiting body cannot compromise the "order of merit". Failure to attend the above appointment will result in you being removed from the competition."

We got the same time before hand, give them a ring and see, it's probably just to put people off asking !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Also a bit unfair to the people in the top 20 like you, myself and a few others who have only got or like me still waiting on a letter when they are so concerned about the order, before my holiday i rang recruitment, told them i was away and they said they would let the medical team know so as not to schedule me when i was out of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

That is normal - may be unfair but potentially that could work to the advantage of some board members - the process moves very quickly compared to others - although it does have its faults

• Advertisement

euros1 wrote: »
    But when it says completed does that mean there is no issues with it i.e we are ready to go or does it just mean that they have completed checking our details

No it means they have finished checking - we still need to wait and hear if there are any issues - I know from my own experience I have been completed for about a week or so but recruitment say they have it still as outstanding - figure that out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Checked my CTC this morning - also completed. Was still in progress on Tuesday. Submitted 15th July. Some more info would be nice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

grad10 wrote: »
    Checked my CTC this morning - also completed. Was still in progress on Tuesday. Submitted 15th July. Some more info would be nice!!
    brilliant,Is ur medical complete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

grad10 wrote: »
    brilliant,Is ur medical complete

Thanks! Yeah medical done and dusted a couple of weeks ago! If I don't hear anything else by next Friday think I'm gonna give them a ring and try and get as much info out of them as I can! I want to book a holiday but can't until we hear start dates!

Wonder what the first few days of training will involve. Was thinking maybe ice breakers and getting measured for uniform and the basics of custodial duties. Any one any other thoughts

• Advertisement

Finally have a medical date, ctc still in progress, at least its one step closer!

weepete wrote: »
    Finally have a medical date, ctc still in progress, at least its one step closer!
    Nice one - nearly there

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

hopefully i might hear today too :rolleyes:

swl33t wrote: »
    hopefully i might hear today too :rolleyes:

Oh god me too I hope!! Fingers crossed :)

Well done and about time - 67j

Loosing the will with CTC ...

Think I need to log off for a few days :(

In reality the 4 weeks notice would need to given on Monday :(

missyk1 wrote: »
    In reality the 4 weeks notice would need to given on Monday :(
    I know that most of us would really like to give four weeks notice - but contractually do you need to - what you may also find is that in arrangement with your employer there may not be a need to do the full notice period. I know that I would like to provide the 4 weeks but in reality I will finish here on the friday and hopefully walk into training on the monday regardless of the timeframe - 67j

Ctc complete! Medical next week, just need to shift half a stone of holiday weight then i'll be a happy camper.

Ctc complete! Medical next week, just need to shift half a stone of holiday weight then i'll be a happy camper.

If I get home from work and there still is no medical letter for me i'm gonna have to phone again tomorrow - they told me that I would be getting notification of my medical within 2 weeks and tomorrow would be 2 weeks :(

Am very frustrated!!!! :mad::confused:

• Advertisement

Well done weepete !!!

Weepete is the BMI above 30 ???????????

1967J wrote: »

Unfortunatly and even if i lose the half a stone it'll just be over, big boned rugby player you see.

Is there a problem in NIPS medical if it is over 30

Is there a problem in NIPS medical if it is over 30

Do not believe so - when I went I was 32.5 - thankfully the doc applied common sense and when seen he said I was obviously active - had a conversation around my lifestyle and was satisfied I was fit enough for the post - was refreshing to have a doc that applied common sense in this area - Yes I am overweight at 17.5 st but stand at 6 ft 2 so manage it well -

Unfortunatly and even if i lose the half a stone it'll just be over, big boned rugby player you see.

see my other post above you should be fine - long time since I played rugby at school - if you are playing rugby regularly your fitness should be good

see my other post above you should be fine - long time since I played rugby at school - if you are playing rugby regularly your fitness should be good

Lets hope so unfortunatly i have the rugby players beer belly to go with it!

Any idea on dress code for the medical, suit or is something easily removed / lightweight / flexible better for the examinations?

Any idea on dress code for the medical, suit or is something easily removed / lightweight / flexible better for the examinations?
    No dress code I just wore jeans and t shirt but make sure ya wear something that ya can bend in to touch your toes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Try the fruit flush thing if you're looking to do lose a bit of water weight. I dropped 4lbs in the first day, would have lost a good bit more if I managed to keep it up for the full three days, lol.

• Advertisement

Try the fruit flush thing if you're looking to do lose a bit of water weight. I dropped 4lbs in the first day, would have lost a good bit more if I managed to keep it up for the full three days, lol.[/Quote]
    How much fruit do ya eat a day when your doing that?

Advertisement