Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

missyk1 wrote: »
    euros1 wrote: »
    weepete wrote: »
    Well thats the medical done, didnt get told catergorically "fit for duty" but think it went well. Fingers crossed
    Good stuff - not long now then

Euros1 where've u been hiding
    Lol still here,just been busy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Well thats the medical done, didnt get told catergorically "fit for duty" but think it went well. Fingers crossed
    Good stuff - not long now then

Euros1 where've u been hiding
    Lol still here,just been busy

Did you get any further word ? I thought you'd got lost at the weekend in your info pack ?!

Got the call aswell

Got the call aswell

Me too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

This waiting is killing me. Starting to think something bad has happened. Has anyone worked out any kind of structure to the medical invitations. No point contacting recruitment either as they just tell you same thing. Really getting frustrating. :(

• Advertisement

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    This waiting is killing me. Starting to think something bad has happened. Has anyone worked out any kind of structure to the medical invitations. No point contacting recruitment either as they just tell you same thing. Really getting frustrating. :(
    Where are you on the merit list

im 100-120 on the list. My CTC was saying complete at start of last week also.

im 100-120 on the list. My CTC was saying complete at start of last week also.

I imagine you will hear soon, won't be long :)

Here's hoping. Think the postman is getting sick of me. haha. Off work for 2 weeks now too, so will be even worse.

Here's hoping. Think the postman is getting sick of me. haha. Off work for 2 weeks now too, so will be even worse.

Well good luck, hopefully you get some news soon !

• Advertisement

Thanks. Greatly appreciated. Good luck in the training.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Got the call aswell

Well done you - still waiting at this end - saying nothing.............

1967J wrote: »
    Got the call aswell

Well done you - still waiting at this end - saying nothing.............

And so the stress of the job begins ....

Won't be long 67j :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

I thought my medical letter had arrived yesterday - I nearly took the arm off the post man..............but no it turned out to be a bill - excellent!! haha

Sure if ya don't laugh you'd cry :)

And so the stress of the job begins ....

Won't be long 67j :)

Dont be saying about stress - I am trying to reduce the stress at this end - certainly the amount of take home work will be reduced which will hopefullyhave a knock on effect on the stress levels - 67j

Does anyone know if nips offer a childcare voucher scheme, can't mind reading about it in the booklet ? Thanks

Just letting everyone know that there is a movie called "screwed" that is a quite interesting out look towards prison officers life. I think it is too the extremes of most aspects of prison life, but none the less is interesting.

Just letting everyone know that there is a movie called "screwed" that is a quite interesting out look towards prison officers life. I think it is too the extremes of most aspects of prison life, but none the less is interesting.

Really Hayes or is that a joke ?! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Really Hayes or is that a joke ?! :)

Really watched a wee trailer of it lastnight amd as hayes said, it is to the extreme aspect of the job.

Got some really juicey gossip folks, will post details shortly

• Advertisement

Got some really juicey gossip folks, will post details shortly
    Looking forward to hearing it weepete, love a bit of gossip lol

Really watched a wee trailer of it lastnight amd as hayes said, it is to the extreme aspect of the job.
    seen it a few months ago and read the book a few years ago, I would take it with a pinch of salt, could be true but would expect it is really exagerated.

So wannadrum, can you change my details on your table. Medical passed and offer of start date, the juicey bit of gossip is that i wasnt able to accept the start date they gave me! But i was able to defer until the middle of october due to my personal circumstances, so now that we know there are intakes from start of september until middle of october 6-7 confirmed intakes with 20 recruits a peice were lookin at 120-140 goin through millisle at least.

So wannadrum, can you change my details on your table. Medical passed and offer of start date, the juicey bit of gossip is that i wasnt able to accept the start date they gave me! But i was able to defer until the middle of october due to my personal circumstances, so now that we know there are intakes from start of september until middle of october 6-7 confirmed intakes with 20 recruits a peice were lookin at 120-140 goin through millisle at least.
    Nice one, great news, congrats.

any body got any new medical dates lately?

Well done 'wee' Pete !! You can relax now and wait for the big day !!!

Does anyone know if nips offer a childcare voucher scheme, can't mind reading about it in the booklet ? Thanks

Not sure but as a large employer and part of the NICS (indirectly) I would be surprised if not - 67j

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Hmm best case scenario i need 30 odd drop outs, slim chance :( still no medical either!

swl33t wrote: »
    Hmm best case scenario i need 30 odd drop outs, slim chance :( still no medical either!

should that not be worst case scenario, best case would be that they have a few more intakes that'll see you through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

My guess is that a significant influencing factor in the number of new positions will be the number of current Prison Officers taking the redundancy package on offer - anyone know how many have so far accepted it ?

Advertisement