Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

missyk1 wrote: »
    Is there any dates that would suit everyone to meet for 1, central location ? We could post dates, but location we will pm ? :)

Mod Note - Be very cautious about meeting up with people you have only got to know on the internet , standard advice really but of particular relevance to people joining the NIPS , nobody has any way of knowing for sure if people are genuine or not.
    Be careful not to discuss any details of meetings on the forum - strictly PM only.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Delancey wrote: »
    Is there any dates that would suit everyone to meet for 1, central location ? We could post dates, but location we will pm ? :)

Mod Note - Be very cautious about meeting up with people you have only got to know on the internet , standard advice really but of particular relevance to people joining the NIPS , nobody has any way of knowing for sure if people are genuine or not.
    Be careful not to discuss any details of meetings on the forum - strictly PM only.

Cheers

Thanks but we are waiting until after training starts :)

Guys anyone get a letter today about the open night ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

So there is one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Yes missy you going?

• Advertisement

weepete wrote: »

So there is one?

Yes I was wrong !!

grad10 wrote: »

Yes missy you going?

Yes I'll be there, kids and all :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Yes missy you going?

Great see you there! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Yes missy you going?

Great see you there! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Me too !! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Not got one yet but most likely will come in next few days - i expect they will most likely be staggered in line with the intakes

on a positive I spoke to recruitment and they told me that they had got my CTC in and no issues - one less concern - just need to leave the paperwork back into them tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Volcom900

hi, does anyone know where the are on the merit list? just got told i'm 229th.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Volcom900 wrote: »
    hi, does anyone know where the are on the merit list? just got told i'm 229th.

there is a list a few pages back with everyones number and their progress ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

Medical done today. Said I was fit for duty so all is good :)

that great thank you

does the list get updated regularly?

hayes_1991 wrote: »

Well done you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CityGirl88

Hi everyone, just thought I would pop a little message up and say hi to my fellow future colleagues!! I received confirmation in the post today of a start date for training, I believe it's the second start date they were giving out!

I was 40s in the merit list, but still didn't think I would be lucky enough to be offered a place as my personal circumstances are quite strange! you will all understand what I mean when I start training, as believe me , I will stand out like a sore thumb!

Congrats to all and best of luck to anyone who hasn't heard anything yet!

I am really looking forward to meetin you all!!

CityGirl88 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, just thought I would pop a little message up and say hi to my fellow future colleagues!! I received confirmation in the post today of a start date for training, I believe it's the second start date they were giving out!

I was 40s in the merit list, but still didn't think I would be lucky enough to be offered a place as my personal circumstances are quite strange! you will all understand what I mean when I start training, as believe me , I will stand out like a sore thumb!

Congrats to all and best of luck to anyone who hasn't heard anything yet!

I am really looking forward to meetin you all!!

Sounds like you are in my group - look forward to meeting you and getting this underway - 67j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CityGirl88

1967J wrote: »
    Sounds like you are in my group - look forward to meeting you and getting this underway - 67j

Great!! I'm sure it'll be an interesting course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Drmdg101

Merit range 110-120, got invite to medical today. Any info on what medical consists of, and anyone else in this range got a job offer?

• Advertisement

forgot to ask, what does the eyesight test consist of? Failed my royal navy officer eyesight test today as the guns are right handed, and my right eye sucks, gutted!

Drmdg101 wrote: »
    Merit range 110-120, got invite to medical today. Any info on what medical consists of, and anyone else in this range got a job offer?

Eyesight test, colour blindness test, height and weight. Urine sample, so drink lots of fluids (think its for a diabeties and other illness checks rather than a drug tests as they dont take time to analyze it before getting your results) then you see the doc who discusses your medical history asks a load of questions then checks heart and lung sounds, field of vision and hand eye co-ordination and then a bit of flexiblilty. And this is all topped off with a hearing test, which the rather lovely nurse informed me that there is no required standard of hearing except for complete deafness but the test is done anyway just for a bit of craic.
    swl33t wrote: »
    forgot to ask, what does the eyesight test consist of? Failed my royal navy officer eyesight test today as the guns are right handed, and my right eye sucks, gutted!

Eyesight test cover one eye read the chart, cover the other eye and read the chart, (corrected vision if needs be) then the same again if you were glasses or contacts. They are pretty good you can have lights on or off to avoid glare from the chart and give your eyes time to adjust after takin your glasses off. From what i remember they were looking for uncorrected was 6/24 (or the third line of the chart to you and me) and 6/6 corrected (which is 2nd from bottom i think) dont know if they compensate for one eye being weaker than the other though as mine are equally bad

• Registered Users Posts: 24 steven123455

nothing to worry about in the hearing test i was T3 in my right ear (T1 being the best) and she just referred me to the ent clinic but said that it wouldn't effect my job application.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Drmdg101

As someone with red/green colour blindness I am a bit miffed they didn't state at the outset that this was a requirement. It could just be standard for the medical I suppose - how, in the career of a custody officer is an inability to sort tiny mixed red and green dots going to factor? In fact, US Marine sniper corp specifically recruit colour blind soldiers because they have an advantage in being able to spot camouflage much easier. No worries about any other aspect of the medical. As it didn't specify "colour-blind free" in the candidate booklet, I'll stay optimistic and take it as standard.

Drmdg101 wrote: »

Theres a chart a few pages back - from memory I think there was someone inthat range that already has a start date -good luck

Any one from the october intakes get a call today from recruitment?

still waiting on that medical :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

swl33t wrote: »
    still waiting on that medical :(

Me too!! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

I got a letter today saying they are still working down the Los and can't offer me a post but the list is valid until June 2013 and they will use it if more posts become available.

Depressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 josh2705

hayes_1991 wrote: »

Congrats Hayes. Also had medical yesterday, got passed fit for duty. Just have to wait for the call!

Advertisement