Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Volcom900

does anyone know how many intakes there are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Volcom900 wrote: »
    does anyone know how many intakes there are :D

So far 3 in september an 2 in november

They have moved the october intakes till november, got a call yesterday switchin my dates, no apparent explaination but may have to do with peoples ctcs still outstanding and therefore not enough vetted people to be placed in october.

thats great weepete, thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

weepete wrote: »
    They have moved the october intakes till november, got a call yesterday switchin my dates, no apparent explaination but may have to do with peoples ctcs still outstanding and therefore not enough vetted people to be placed in october.

Really ??

• Advertisement

missyk1 wrote: »

Really ??

What dates ?

Really ??

What dates ?

Aye got a call yesterday changin my october date to either the 19th or 26th of november but there was originally 3 dates planned in october! So dont know whats happening with that mayb there will be more allocated later and hopefully into december too!!!!

Really ??

What dates ?

Aye got a call yesterday changin my october date to either the 19th or 26th of november but there was originally 3 dates planned in october! So dont know whats happening with that mayb there will be more allocated later and hopefully into december too!!!!

That might've suited
    Me better instead of having to loose my flights I'd already booked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 CityGirl88

Recruitment told me that they had 2 intakes in November and one in december aswell all lined up, i think they mentioned that it was round the start of December

Well missy ring them and see if you change, if you havent cancelled your flights already.

• Advertisement

CityGirl88 wrote: »
    Recruitment told me that they had 2 intakes in November and one in december aswell all lined up, i think they mentioned that it was round the start of December

Sounds about right for movin the 3 october intakes to november and december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

That might've suited

Are you not in the first intake missy?

That means the first couple of intakes will be finished initial training when the November groups start.. maybe that's why they had to change dates simply because there isn't enough either room or resources for so many intakes in Millisle at once. However you think they would have foreseen that one!!

grad10 wrote: »
    That might've suited

Are you not in the first intake missy?

That means the first couple of intakes will be finished initial training when the November groups start.. maybe that's why they had to change dates simply because there isn't enough either room or resources for so many intakes in Millisle at once. However you think they would have foreseen that one!!

Yes I'm in the first ! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭euros1

Got the letter about the open night.is it essential that we go.I can't get off work for it.its my last day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

euros1 wrote: »
    Got the letter about the open night.is it essential that we go.I can't get off work for it.its my last day

If you go what the worst your boss can do ? Fire you on your last day ? :D

I'm sure we could all fill you in euros1 and let you know what happened in the open night.

Would anyone be interested house sharing somewhere near to the venue as opposed to driving everyday? I drove down today and clocked 60 miles return x 5 days x 8 weeks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Would anyone be interested house sharing somewhere near to the venue as opposed to driving everyday? I drove down today and clocked 60 miles return x 5 days x 8 weeks ?
    I would be doing 140 return so would have been up for that but yet to get a medical lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

swl33t wrote: »
    I would be doing 140 return so would have been up for that but yet to get a medical lol

Yep me too, i'm going to have to travel quite a way - but still waiting on that elusive medical :(
    I just heard from someone already in the service that they are not planning on even taking on enough new recruits to cover all the vacancies.

They apparently gave the night custody officers the option to move to day time and 80 showed interest but only 18 actually took it.
    I'm being told that they are going to take up to around 200 now and allow the new ones to do overtime to fill the vacancies and then re-recruit next year again!?

I really don't know how true this is, i'm being told it is definitely correct but who knows!?

Delancey wrote: »

If you go what the worst your boss can do ? Fire you on your last day ? :D
    Lol that's true.

• Advertisement

I'm sure we could all fill you in euros1 and let you know what happened in the open night.
    That would be great.Cheers

Shawsy wrote: »

Yep me too, i'm going to have to travel quite a way - but still waiting on that elusive medical :(
    I just heard from someone already in the service that they are not planning on even taking on enough new recruits to cover all the vacancies.

They apparently gave the night custody officers the option to move to day time and 80 showed interest but only 18 actually took it.
    I'm being told that they are going to take up to around 200 now and allow the new ones to do overtime to fill the vacancies and then re-recruit next year again!?

I really don't know how true this is, i'm being told it is definitely correct but who knows!?
    It would be hateful to go through that recruitment process again.a bit of overtime for us - I like it

It would be hateful to go through that recruitment process again.a bit of overtime for us - I like it

I would say to save money in this time of economic unrest they would use the 200-400+ merit list instead of running a new campaign, also i think under our contracts it'll be cheaper to pay us the overtime than the current officers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

I would say to save money in this time of economic unrest they would use the 200-400+ merit list instead of running a new campaign, also i think under our contracts it'll be cheaper to pay us the overtime than the current officers.

Yea I don't know if it would make sense for them to completely re-advertise and go through everything again if they already have people on the merit list. I guess it would only be if it is after the merit list is valid to or something but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get in this time :)

Yea I don't know if it would make sense for them to completely re-advertise and go through everything again if they already have people on the merit list. I guess it would only be if it is after the merit list is valid to or something but i'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get in this time :)

Well it aint over till the fat lady sings!
    Keep the head up and the fingers crossed.

I was thinking this too, but surely it would be difficult to get an 8 week lease? I have a 200 mile round trip each day, it's gona be a long 8 weeks for me!

CityGirl88 wrote: »

I was thinking this too, but surely it would be difficult to get an 8 week lease? I have a 200 mile round trip each day, it's gona be a long 8 weeks for me!

Has anybody inquired about residential accommodation on site for people travelling far or from down south?

Has anybody inquired about residential accommodation on site for people travelling far or from down south?

Yes I have and they just said I could speak to their travel department and they could help me out in looking into b&bs in the area, not much to go by really!

Is anyone's ctc still in progress ?

• Advertisement

Is anyone's ctc still in progress ?

my ctc is completed but i haven't heard anything, i'm 229th in the merit list :( fingers crossed

Advertisement