Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

Shawsy wrote: »
    Still no sign of my medical! :(
    hopefully tomorrow :) if its 20 a week it should be 180-200 this week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

swl33t wrote: »

Let me know how yours goes!!
    I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed I get the letter this week, can't take this waiting anymore lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed I get the letter this week, can't take this waiting anymore lol

What numbers are you guys on merit ?

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Well any gossip today from our lucky recruits startin today?

missyk1 wrote: »
    What numbers are you guys on merit ?

Good luck

170ish

• Advertisement

170ish

180ish :)

Passed the medical, by the skin of my teeth on the eyesight lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Yep, passed as well this afternoon. Everything was fine although the hearing test worried me while doing it.

Well done guys !!

sydnor wrote: »
    Yep, passed as well this afternoon. Everything was fine although the hearing test worried me while doing it.

Well done folks, the nurse told me that there was no real hearing requirement they just do it cause your there and make sure your not completely deaf.

• Advertisement

has anyone been told they will start in oct/nov/dec yet?

has anyone been told they will start in oct/nov/dec yet?

Was told october first then those intakes were postponed until november/december

I assume by the lack of posts by the new recruits at the intakes that they are havin way too much fun, two words, well jel!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

weepete wrote: »
    I assume by the lack of posts by the new recruits at the intakes that they are havin way too much fun, two words, well jel!

Would imagine they are probably shattered - 67j

180ish :)

any sign yet?

any sign yet?

No! :(

No! :(

hopefully soon! fingers crossed. I'm still yet to hear back after the medical too :(

hopefully soon! fingers crossed. I'm still yet to hear back after the medical too :(

Well judging by what everyone else said you should be getting your phone call very soon - maybe tomorrow or monday?

I was hoping i'd get my letter this week and the medical would be early next week but that isn't looking likely now :(

They seem determined to keep me waiting lol

1967J wrote: »
    weepete wrote: »

Would imagine they are probably shattered - 67j

You got It 1967j !

You heard anything by any chance? I hate waiting lol

• Advertisement

You heard anything by any chance? I hate waiting lol

U had ur call yet swl33t?? Ive still no medical letter :(

U had ur call yet swl33t?? Ive still no medical letter :(
    nope, rang today and they said they won't know for a while yet and are unable to guarantee a place.. So gonna go ahead and accept this masters, they also said i could hear next week or i might hear in a couple of months, either way its not a guarantee. not good :(

nope, rang today and they said they won't know for a while yet and are unable to guarantee a place.. So gonna go ahead and accept this masters, they also said i could hear next week or i might hear in a couple of months, either way its not a guarantee. not good :(

What?? That's terrible, why bother sending u for medical if they are not gonna offer u a place if u pass it?

I'm starting to think they aren't even going to take the full 200 that they initially said-I've no hope if they won't even offer you! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

What merit range you guys in?

Strange they would stop before giving medicals to all of the first 200.

What merit range you guys in?

Strange they would stop before giving medicals to all of the first 200.

I'm 180ish

What?? That's terrible, why bother sending u for medical if they are not gonna offer u a place if u pass it?

I'm starting to think they aren't even going to take the full 200 that they initially said-I've no hope if they won't even offer you! :(
    nooo idea, pretty disappointing.. May well get the call in a few weeks/months offering the job but don't wanna risk waiting then getting nothing lol. Think of it as moving you up one place on the merit list though i guess :D

nooo idea, pretty disappointing.. May well get the call in a few weeks/months offering the job but don't wanna risk waiting then getting nothing lol. Think of it as moving you up one place on the merit list though i guess :D

Well I would then if I were you - cause even if you accept and then they do offer you a position, you can always ask for an Leave of Absence for a year and start with the nips and see how you get on - if it doesn't work out you have the course to fall back on in a years time and if you love it you can just withdraw from your course.........works out either way :)

Anyway I don't think me moving up a place is gonna help now - not if you arent being offered straight away!

I'll just have to wait - i've got an interview for another job so will give that one a go and see what happens.

Just to let you know that I emailed recruitment today and they said I am still definitely going to be called for a medical and that It should be soon (though they've said that before) so I can't see them continuing with medicals if they aren gonna keep taking people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Would have to agree with you - I have not heard anything lately to suggest otherwise - good luck - 67j

• Advertisement

It's very quiet here at the minute :-/

Advertisement