Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 arizonahawk

40 lengths of the gym!? In 3.5 mins?! I have NO hope. Trust me. I will faint lol! Ah well, if I do get in to the training I shall soon be booted out - so that'll leave a space for someone fitter!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

40 lengths of the gym!? In 3.5 mins?! I have NO hope. Trust me. I will faint lol! Ah well, if I do get in to the training I shall soon be booted out - so that'll leave a space for someone fitter!

As MK1 says dont sweat it - from memory the first time round there is no actual pass or fail more of a bench mark setting and then the second time round towards the end of the initial training period you redo the test with an aim of passing. to the best of my knowledge there have been no issues within the initial three groups - I could be wrong but

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Drmdg101

Just to clear up a bit of confusion here, the next intakes start on 29th October and 5th November. Merit list-wise this goes down to at least 115 in the list. This is cast-iron and straight from recruitment. A third intake is being scheduled, but has not yet been finalised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

Drmdg101 wrote: »
    Just to clear up a bit of confusion here, the next intakes start on 29th October and 5th November. Merit list-wise this goes down to at least 115 in the list. This is cast-iron and straight from recruitment. A third intake is being scheduled, but has not yet been finalised.

Yea those two intakes where the ones from 19th and 26th November pulled forward a touch, got called today, sort of messes up the notice period but hey worst thing they can do is fire me right!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Drmdg101

weepete wrote: »

Yea those two intakes where the ones from 19th and 26th November pulled forward a touch, got called today, sort of messes up the notice period but hey worst thing they can do is fire me right!

See you there then weepete. Time to get cracking. Not ideal as I was also expecting more notice - but end result is the same.

• Advertisement

Congrats to those that have got word they are in the next set :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Olliecrx

Hi all,

Found this topic purely by chance. I had my medical in August, and today got a call asking could I attend the training last week October or 1st week of November.

I opted for November due to my current notice period. Basically that's all the info I got bar being told I would recieve an information pack in the next few days!

So I'm now really thinking I should have asked more questions. At the time I was in work, in total shock because to be honest it had been so long since I had any correspondence from NIPS regarding my application I just assumed I was unsuccessful.

Reading back through old post about training and open information days I'm now even more confused!! I've had nothing since my medical bar a call today asking what date, I have a contact number and person that I spoke to today, and I'm thinking should I call him back tomorrow and maybe ask a few more questions or should I just wait for my info pack to arrive?

Massively stoked that I've been contacted as I've been praying since day 1 to get a position!

Olliecrx wrote: »
    Hi all,

Found this topic purely by chance. I had my medical in August, and today got a call asking could I attend the training last week October or 1st week of November.

I opted for November due to my current notice period. Basically that's all the info I got bar being told I would recieve an information pack in the next few days!

So I'm now really thinking I should have asked more questions. At the time I was in work, in total shock because to be honest it had been so long since I had any correspondence from NIPS regarding my application I just assumed I was unsuccessful.

Reading back through old post about training and open information days I'm now even more confused!! I've had nothing since my medical bar a call today asking what date, I have a contact number and person that I spoke to today, and I'm thinking should I call him back tomorrow and maybe ask a few more questions or should I just wait for my info pack to arrive?

Massively stoked that I've been contacted as I've been praying since day 1 to get a position!

The exchange of info from the recruitment branch can be varied from lots of info to no info at all depending on the person you get talking to but from what i've heard the info pack they send out is just that a pack full of info, which should answer most of your questions, i'm waiting on my pack also,

Excellent Pete, I have so many questions its not even right! Hopefully this pack will explain all.

Safe to say my manager wasn't exactly thrilled after only
    Giving me a permanent position little over a month ago!

Looking forward to it all immensely!

Olliecrx wrote: »
    Excellent Pete, I have so many questions its not even right! Hopefully this pack will explain all.

Safe to say my manager wasn't exactly thrilled after only
    Giving me a permanent position little over a month ago!

Looking forward to it all immensely!

Well i'll see ya at millisle! Whereabouts on the merit list where you, if you found that out?

• Advertisement

Didn't even ask! I was so in shock, I was literally finishing my lunch and I'd already had several blocked number missed calls its a pure fluke I was able to answer as I was outside at the time. Literally took the dates, checked With the manager and rang him back to confirm.

The next hour was then a blur as I couldn't believe it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Well done to everyone who got word !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

Ps. Weepete any word ??!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

Wow well done everyone who got their offer!!
    Sounds like they are speeding things up a bit :)

missyk1 wrote: »
    Ps. Weepete any word ??!!

Yea wee boy, just over two weeks old now. Spitting image of me, poor wee man!

got the call today, handing in my notice tomorrow ;)

got the call today, handing in my notice tomorrow ;)

Good man, when are you starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Belfastm21

I think that these groups will be the last before xmas. If there is another group after 115 on the list before xmas, that brings it to 135-140 bracket. Then 140-160 will be after xmas. I'm guessing they won't want to start people over the run up to xmas either.

Just got the call! Looks like i'll be seeing some of you in less than two weeks!

Excellent! I'm hoping my pack arrives today..... It's killing me being in work now lol!!! I want to start already!!

• Advertisement

I know. She said she will send out the packs tonight in the post, so hopefully tomorrow.

Belfastm21 wrote: »
    Just got the call! Looks like i'll be seeing some of you in less than two weeks!

Didnt you say you were 150-160 in the merit list (I may have been wrong so correct me if I am) so that is brilliant - sounds like they are making real progress then!

What date are you starting if you don't mind me asking? Is it the 5th November session?

I was yep, they rang me because they were struggling to get people to start with very little notice. I wrote on the application that I dont have to give any notice to my current job so they contacted me to start on 29th October.

I was yep, they rang me because they were struggling to get people to start with very little notice. I wrote on the application that I dont have to give any notice to my current job so they contacted me to start on 29th October.

I see that makes sense! Well now I wish I had of put that on my application - although I technically need to give 4 weeks I might have been persuaded to not bother!! :)

Well done - You must be made up!

Yes mate, delighted. It seems that a lot have backed out or withdrawn applications too, probably due to the time it's taken.

Looking forward to starting and anyone still waiting, sit tight, you could receive good news very soon!

I'll see you there then buddy, my info pack arrived today alot of reading in it, hopefully answers everyones questions.

Yes mate, delighted. It seems that a lot have backed out or withdrawn applications too, probably due to the time it's taken.

Looking forward to starting and anyone still waiting, sit tight, you could receive good news very soon!

I cannot tell you how much I want that phone call right now - I am even tempted to hand in my notice now and ring them and say i'm available haha

I was kinda hoping that there might have been some drop outs but i'm so far down the list I still think its unlikely i'll be offered anything before Jan/Feb now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Morrika

If people are getting calls today for a course at the end of the month, stands to reason that the 2 courses towards the end of November and the one at the start of December that were mentioned earlier are going to require another 60 people, allowing for dropouts etc this could bring them up to past 200 on the merit list or am I just being a bit wishful?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Congrats to those who got the call for the end of the month! The day we leave :( Enjoy it guys it flys in. For those still waiting, remember there are still intakes starting in November, the one this month was scheduled last minute so still plenty of people who will get that call in a few more weeks! And don't get too hung up on merit numbers.. it's also to do with your personal situation and how quickly your application progresses.. my merit number was >90 and I was in the first squad!

• Advertisement

Morrika wrote: »
    If people are getting calls today for a course at the end of the month, stands to reason that the 2 courses towards the end of November and the one at the start of December that were mentioned earlier are going to require another 60 people, allowing for dropouts etc this could bring them up to past 200 on the merit list or am I just being a bit wishful?

From what i gather the 29th of october and the 5th november are the two that WERE scheduled for the end of november (as i was suppose to start then) so dont know if they plan to keep them on!

Advertisement