Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭missyk1

weepete wrote: »

Yea wee boy, just over two weeks old now. Spitting image of me, poor wee man!
    Poor wee soul lol, is he as small as you ? Only joking !!

Big congrats , we'll done !!!! :)

Morrika wrote: »
    If people are getting calls today for a course at the end of the month, stands to reason that the 2 courses towards the end of November and the one at the start of December that were mentioned earlier are going to require another 60 people, allowing for dropouts etc this could bring them up to past 200 on the merit list or am I just being a bit wishful?

The groups starting now end October / November groups are the November ones being brought forward and they aren't taking more than 3 squads at a time due to other ongoing training in college and lack of space but hang on in there , there are more squads pencilled in !! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

missyk1 wrote: »
    Poor wee soul lol, is he as small as you ? Only joking !!

Big congrats , we'll done !!!! :)

He's not far off it, greedy wee man.

weepete wrote: »

He's not far off it, greedy wee man.

lol bless him. When's the open night ?
    Tuesday ?

lol bless him. When's the open night ?
    Tuesday ?

Yep it sure is, you still in the college or have you passed out yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Belfastm21

Is there an introduction evening for people starting end of this month?

Belfastm21 wrote: »
    Is there an introduction evening for people starting end of this month?

Yea got an invite to it with the info pack

Dead on, will see you next week then.

Dead on, will see you next week then.

Well done !

Well done !

Cheers!

• Advertisement

Waiting on the postman here for the infopack regarding next week. Got a call regarding guest names for Tuesday night. Does everyone usually bring a guest? I'm single and have no partner, so was just going to go on my own.

Waiting on the postman here for the infopack regarding next week. Got a call regarding guest names for Tuesday night. Does everyone usually bring a guest? I'm single and have no partner, so was just going to go on my own.

I've my wife and parents comin up with me, its not compulsory but might help ease the tension and loosin you up a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Olliecrx

I got my pack today for starting on the 5th.... Forms galore!!!! But I can't see any thing about the info evening?

Edit... Clearly the other brown envelope I missed in my excitement tells me all!

Ill be flying solo myself to the evening, just have to confirm. Started the forms, and tearing half the house apart looking for the required id's... I had them in march!

Olliecrx wrote: »
    I got my pack today for starting on the 5th.... Forms galore!!!! But I can't see any thing about the info evening?

Edit... Clearly the other brown envelope I missed in my excitement tells me all!

Ill be flying solo myself to the evening, just have to confirm. Started the forms, and tearing half the house apart looking for the required id's... I had them in march!

Is your evening the week before you start or next week?

Got my pack today and sent away. Thought there would be more information, but I suppose we will get more on Tuesday. Smart Casual dress, I hate that phrase. Jeans are ok with smart casual?

Got my pack today and sent away. Thought there would be more information, but I suppose we will get more on Tuesday. Smart Casual dress, I hate that phrase. Jeans are ok with smart casual?

I would say so, a nice pair that you would wear out, not ones you maintain your car while wearing them and a nice shirt to finish the look perhaps, thats not far off what i'll be in myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 multigrain

Guess what!! I'm in starting 5th of November...over the moon. Any other good news for anyone else or anyone starting the same day??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Shawsy

multigrain wrote: »
    Guess what!! I'm in starting 5th of November...over the moon. Any other good news for anyone else or anyone starting the same day??

Congrats!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Congrats to you all - be prepared for a hard 8 weeks - it will push you but you will enjoy it - 67j

My evening is the week before I start, so wednesday 31st i think. Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 arizonahawk

You see when you got your info pack and letter offering you your start date? Well, has anyone received one stating they will be placed in their first choice location? I am maybe stressing myself out for nothing but I am getting cold feet! I have handed in notice and all and maybe it's just the whole thing about changing jobs and this all being so new but I am beginning to question this whole thing!
    I have been offered a location which is MILES away from home (and I mean MILES!) and my first preference would be much closer to home. Is anyone else thinking the travelling is going to be too much?

I know some of you have mentioned B&Bs etc and staying near the college during training but my personal circumstances won't allow me to stay away from home all week. Do you know if these final locations are set in stone or is there some room for negotiation? Like say someone from Belfast or Fermanagh was sent to Magilligan as their permanent location and someone from Coleraine was sent to Maghaberry would there be a chance they could maybe swap?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

So, anyone for the 19th November?

sydnor wrote: »

Is that the start date u have been given?

Shawsy wrote: »
    Is that the start date u have been given?

Yup, got a call toward the end of the week.

Brilliant!! :)

Where are u on merit list?

160 - 180

160 - 180

Oh ur close to me then!! I was hoping I'd be in that group but had no word so far :(
    Well good luck anyways and I hope to be joining u all sometime :)

Congrats! Interesting though, that was the date they had originally pencilled me in, but got pulled forward a week or three, not complaining of course just it messed up my notice period.

Anyone else's regular work seem to be really dragging in since being told?

I'm going crazy here, I want to start yesterday!!!

• Advertisement

Olliecrx wrote: »
    Anyone else's regular work seem to be really dragging in since being told?

I'm going crazy here, I want to start yesterday!!!

Hell yea its torture

Advertisement