Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Trex450

Congrats mate, do you know your merit number?

*Got it 240-250...

Just to update, I recently got more forms, vetting etc... Merit 330-340...

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

i deffered my first offer in November, got another there last week and had to decline as I'm doing a masters nowm good luck with your careers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 539

Anyone news of more intakes??

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

539 wrote: »
    Anyone news of more intakes??

I have not heard any more news.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

just got vetting/ctc forms etc,merit placing 400-450,wasnt expecting this I was expecting a dear John

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

triple-M wrote: »
    just got vetting/ctc forms etc,merit placing 400-450,wasnt expecting this I was expecting a dear John

Same. Didn't (still don't) think there is much chance for us though.

chontour wrote: »
    me neither,but as long as im still in the game i-ll keep playing

me neither,but as long as im still in the game i-ll keep playing

Yeah same here, Just done medical today and was told they have another 100 coming through. Got the impression a fair few had failed medicals. Something like 180 started so far with another 60 due to start in feb/mar

Ain't over til fat lady sings!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

Trex450 wrote: »

Yeah same here, Just done medical today and was told they have another 100 coming through. Got the impression a fair few had failed medicals. Something like 180 started so far with another 60 due to start in feb/mar

I received vetting forms yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

wanadrum wrote: »

I received vetting forms yesterday.

Anyone know what the whole sponsor part is about? :/

Anyone know what the whole sponsor part is about? :/

Not for you to fill out... Someone in NIPS will do that.

Trex450 wrote: »

dont suppose you-d have any idea as to why people would be failing medicals,when it comes to medicals I tend to have about a 50/50 pass/fail rate e.g I passed psni and grampian police medical but failed 2 army medicals

dont suppose you-d have any idea as to why people would be failing medicals,when it comes to medicals I tend to have about a 50/50 pass/fail rate e.g I passed psni and grampian police medical but failed 2 army medicals

Not sure tbh, something someone said in passing while there and didnt pay much attention at time. Didnt think it was a tough medical, but was pretty sure it was going to be the toughest hurdle for me to get over, so was surprised to pass. If you got through psni one, I doubt you'd have any issues with the nips one.

I think that they are looking to see how likely you might be to take sick time off work, so considering medical wasn't too bad imo, maybe one of the factors could be absence history or potential for absence.

Also know a guy who failed it due to a sleeping disorder.

Hope this helps, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Loki

just sent away vetting forms finally but not too optimistic either. how long approx till medical. if its physical i cant even start training till mid march at the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Wildrover123

Hi I'm in the same situation received vetting forms the week and filled out the ctc forms. Was chatting to a girl who has just started the class and said that if u receive these forms ur more or less guaranteed to get in as long as u pass the medical. Once she passed her medical she started 3 weeks later training so hopefully this is a good sign. I also emailed the nips today to enquire if they knew when the medical would be and received the following reply "Hi ******,

Unfortunately I cannot confirm when your medical appointment will be scheduled by OHS. However I would imagine that it should not be too long until your appointment is made. OHS will write to you about a week before your medical so don't worry about your home phone not working as they will not contact you via telephone."

Hopefully this will give u a bit more optimism and who knows might see use in the same training class! I was 400-410 on the merit list btw! I can't see y they would send out all the forms if they weren't going to take u on so heres hoping would really love to be handing in my notice ASAP

The girl also said that the medical is fairly straight forward eye, hearing, height and weight tests just the usual really!

Well just finished my CTC, had a few login/ computer issues to resolve. That has made me a bit more optimistic tbh. Can't believe it was over a year ago that I applied, hope the wait has been worth it as my current job is coming to an end as it was only temporary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cowtown

Hi i received call for rec dept 2 weeks ago looking to see why i hadnt sent in my docs..i had moved house so hadnt got them! All forms etc sent in now and CTC completed. Just waiting for notice of medical now!

I sent all forms away a few ago aswell and got a call asking when I would be sending in my second med form when it was never sent to me in the first place, but funnily enought 2 copies of the first med form were sent. Then I phoned aksing when I could expect login details to be sent to my email so I could complete CTC to be told they were already sent (they hadn't been), all sorted now but I'm a bit wary now.....

• Advertisement

just waiting game now..i'm from same area as you! might be handy for travelling. if we get thus far..im guessing youll be staying up for the training?

Cowtown wrote: »
    just waiting game now..i'm from same area as you! might be handy for travelling. if we get thus far..im guessing youll be staying up for the training?

Yeah would be up for car share, I drive btw! Don't know how it will work out atm, but would like to minimise expenses if poss. Good to know someone from same area! :o

I drive too, hate my stupid car though! lol. Ive a mate that started and he might be advising against staying up..not sure yet..i'll speak with him and let u know the craic!

Does any1 know when we will be called for medical been nearly 3 weeks since filled out ctc form online and I'm getting a bit impatient as I want out of my current job ASAP

Ps where use from

Hey Wild Rover, not sure how long it will be before we get called, i have also heard that they will need to recruit more as they didnt get enough people first time round.

Anyone else get a letter about a medical today? I've to go on tuesday!

No letter yet!

Hi just wondering if they take blood/urine/hair samples for the medical?im just wondering because I had a medical deferred before because my urine was too diluted and im just wondering if I should let my hair grow a bit longer,also just curious if they do a blood test.i-ve been told to expect a medical date in the next 2 weeks

• Advertisement

Hi just wondering if they take blood/urine/hair samples for the medical?im just wondering because I had a medical deferred before because my urine was too diluted and im just wondering if I should let my hair grow a bit longer,also just curious if they do a blood test.i-ve been told to expect a medical date in the next 2 weeks

I have my medical on Tuesday so will let u know! Was talking to a few ppl apparently it's just height weight eye sight flexibility and then a urine test and a general chit chat with the doctor about ur previous employment will keep u posted after Tuesday

Advertisement