Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Wildrover123

Cowtown wrote: »
    Still waiting on my letter for my medical too!! This waiting is excruciating!!
    I'd say ull hear next week or the week after mine took 4 weeks to clear then I got the letter the week after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Medical passed this week,all im waiting for now is ctc clearance ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Loki

How do you hear if your ctc is passed? Mine says completed but waiting to hear if its cleared which is something else. Or I suppose they don't contact you again about this unless there is a problem I suppose. Hoping on that med letter this week, sick of watching the postie walk on by my window....I shouldn't be so impatient though as I have a newborn and know that once the ball starts rolling it will mean the time I spend with her will be severely cut which I'm not looking forward too, the only thing that I'm not looking forward to though, still very grateful to get a chance this far in from last year....

How do you hear if your ctc is passed? Mine says completed but waiting to hear if its cleared which is something else. Or I suppose they don't contact you again about this unless there is a problem I suppose. Hoping on that med letter this week, sick of watching the postie walk on by my window....I shouldn't be so impatient though as I have a newborn and know that once the ball starts rolling it will mean the time I spend with her will be severely cut which I'm not looking forward too, the only thing that I'm not looking forward to though, still very grateful to get a chance this far in from last year....

If it says on ur portal login completed then the ctc is finished it's just ur access ni there waiting on! Triple m ull probs get a call about start date this week id imagine will more than likely be on ur class! What did u think of the medical?

If it says on ur portal login completed then the ctc is finished it's just ur access ni there waiting on! Triple m ull probs get a call about start date this week id imagine will more than likely be on ur class! What did u think of the medical?

Hi im a little bit confused on my portal login it says
    Your application's status is:
    In progress

Then underneath that it says

CTCCompleted. (Submitted on: xx/xx/2013 xx:xx)

So would I be correct in saying that my CTC is done and there waiting on my access NI clearence? or by completed do they just mean the forms are filled in and submitted waiting for clearence? I thought the access NI and CTC were the same but im starting to think there two seperate processes im not really familiar with how it works

• Advertisement

triple-M wrote: »

Hi im a little bit confused on my portal login it says
    Your application's status is:
    In progress

Then underneath that it says

CTCCompleted. (Submitted on: xx/xx/2013 xx:xx)

So would I be correct in saying that my CTC is done and there waiting on my access NI clearence? or by completed do they just mean the forms are filled in and submitted waiting for clearence? I thought the access NI and CTC were the same but im starting to think there two seperate processes im not really familiar with how it works

No it's still in progress then and hasn't been completed yet mine took 4 weeks so shouldn't be to long! Yea they are 2 seperate things my access ni clearance arrived in post today so I think that's everything sorted just waiting on the final call now to get the green light!

No it's still in progress then and hasn't been completed yet mine took 4 weeks so shouldn't be to long! Yea they are 2 seperate things my access ni clearance arrived in post today so I think that's everything sorted just waiting on the final call now to get the green light!
    congratulations,I Wish you the best of luck and hopefully you-ll get the call soon

• Registered Users Posts: 4 daverem

Hi guys, is anyone applying this time around? Tried to sift through the 107 pages of posts to find some info on the assessment centre, anyone know any places where I can look up this stuff or is it just an 'arrive on the day and hope for the best?'

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated, I really want this!! lol.

daverem wrote: »
    Hi guys, is anyone applying this time around? Tried to sift through the 107 pages of posts to find some info on the assessment centre, anyone know any places where I can look up this stuff or is it just an 'arrive on the day and hope for the best?'

Any info/advice would be greatly appreciated, I really want this!! lol.

Just pm'd you some info incase u miss it...

Any1 else starting 6th may??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cowtown

Have my medical next week! Im heading of on hols a few hours afterwards! great timing!

Have my medical next week! Im heading of on hols a few hours afterwards! great timing!
    i have mine nex week too, maybe they are doing the derry people together

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭gigity gigity

Evening all , I see they are recruiting again. Will new recruits be issued with a ppw like the psni?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Evening all , I see they are recruiting again. Will new recruits be issued with a ppw like the psni?

Was trying to find that out myself gigity, I know that previous prison officers were issued one don't know if the new guys are to be given one, would like to think so, but if any light on that could be shed it would be great, they've actually extended the submission date from the 10th of April til the 17th, which is interesting I'm thinking they're not got as many applications as they hoped for this time round, for obvious reasons and lack of publicity, i.e. the previous recruitment got quite a lot in the media etc...

I only just noticed it in the paper this evening, has t been out for long? To be honest the job carries a lot of risk and if its a case of when you leave work your on your own with nothing to protect yourself then id be giving it a wide berth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

No.

Well thats saved a bit of time on paperwork!

In this financial climate you could advertise for a diver in pirana infested waters for min wage and youd still get a few hundred applicants

That is true, your probably gonna be getting people who would never have considered the prison service same as other services i.e. police etc as a career due to the financial climate, in saying that I did read in the telegraph not so long ago about recruits that had turned down positions due to safety concerns, so not everyone is gonna go for it, I have total respect for any of the guys or gals in our services, for me these jobs are all about self pride and feeling like you are doing an important job, which you are with the prison service and other services, I envy all you guys starting something new and exciting lol hopefully something like that will happen soon for my good self lol on either service

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

Hi, any ladies here applying? Does anyone know the set up of the training in terms of which days and hours the training takes place and is it residential like garnerville?

• Advertisement

craydon wrote: »
    Hi, any ladies here applying? Does anyone know the set up of the training in terms of which days and hours the training takes place and is it residential like garnerville?

Hi Craydon, dunno if there is many applying from the board this time round that are female, but if you look back at the earlier posts there seemed to be a lot of ladies who applied last recruitment about 10-12 months ago, and most if not all who applied got in that was female, training seems to be a non residential mon to fri sorta 9-4 or 9-5 deal for 6-8 weeks, but the service seems to allocate an allowance for accommodation for those who live too far away, if that's any help :)

I'm female and going for a med this week and hoping for ttthe call to start soon after that. I have alot to juggle at the min with potential trainingin terms of finance and kids ( a newborn to be precise!)t itll just mean more planning and organising if all goes according to plan....sorry not so helpful but will pm you if i find out training structure

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

Hi Craydon, dunno if there is many applying from the board this time round that are female, but if you look back at the earlier posts there seemed to be a lot of ladies who applied last recruitment about 10-12 months ago, and most if not all who applied got in that was female, training seems to be a non residential mon to fri sorta 9-4 or 9-5 deal for 6-8 weeks, but the service seems to allocate an allowance for accommodation for those who live too far away, if that's any help :)

That's brilliant thanks, as long as (fingers crossed I got that far) I wouldn't have to stay up there lol. I'm guessing the set up of ac's etc would be similar to the psni one. There's a hundered odd pages on this thread for me to nosey through -slowly gathering info!

I'm female and going for a med this week and hoping for ttthe call to start soon after that. I have alot to juggle at the min with potential trainingin terms of finance and kids ( a newborn to be precise!)t itll just mean more planning and organising if all goes according to plan....sorry not so helpful but will pm you if i find out training structure

That's exactly why I ask, have a 6 month old myself so trying to see how it might all work out if I got through. Thanks for the reply! :) and good luck guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I am still undecided about applying yet. I will have to hurry up, closing date is fast approaching.

Ive my medical tomorrow and didnt receive my letter yet due to the easter post!! Any give me a heads up as to what to take etc.. how long will i be in??

Ive my medical tomorrow and didnt receive my letter yet due to the easter post!! Any give me a heads up as to what to take etc.. how long will i be in??

Justt take a form of photo ID, either passport of driving license. It also says to take letter but as you dont have it maybe take another letter from prison serivce?

Also it says to arrive 15mins early than appoinment time. Other info is just about their role and what to expect, nothing major.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 clbarf

Hi All, new to this.

Been offered to start training at Millisle end of April, does anyone know what this involves, I know you'll be shown health and safety, first aid etc.

Also what sort of shifts can you expect when you start your role, thanks

Hi,I know it can vary greatly from person to person but im just wondering from anybody whos CTC-Access NI cleared how long the processes took?

Also starting end of April!

• Advertisement

Got the call :D

Advertisement