Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Wildrover123

Got the call :D

Good stuff when do u start??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Well done Loki.

I went to print the application form out and my printer is out of ink. Grrrrr. Have to wait until payday.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 SJAG

Also got a call but have to defer for a short while. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Loki

Good stuff when do u start??

Mid May, I need to move house which is a bit disappointing as I moved 2 years ago and have just got the house the way i want it but hoping it will be worth it.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Well done Loki.

I went to print the application form out and my printer is out of ink. Grrrrr. Have to wait until payday.
    when does it have to be in by? can you not go to library to print it? 15p a page

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

What qualifications are needed? Just the standard 5 GCSEs or equivalent?

Pug160 wrote: »
    What qualifications are needed? Just the standard 5 GCSEs or equivalent?

I think it was c and above for english and maths GCSE, as well as a driving license.

when does it have to be in by? can you not go to library to print it? 15p a page

Payday today, got ink, forms printed, just need to fill them in and sent. Will do that tomorrow. Have to be in by Wednesday.

Payday today, got ink, forms printed, just need to fill them in and sent. Will do that tomorrow. Have to be in by Wednesday.

Goodstuff, hope you get in, i think i remember u from psni recruitment 2010?

Goodstuff, hope you get in, i think i remember u from psni recruitment 2010?

Yep, tried to get in with them too. Was actually thinking of holding out and applying for them if they recruit this year, but my friend who has aleady done her training with the Prison service convinced me to apply again as she says she enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Cowtown

Cant wait to start! I'll have to move eventually too it seems!!Anyone else starting end of April?

Yep, tried to get in with them too. Was actually thinking of holding out and applying for them if they recruit this year, but my friend who has aleady done her training with the Prison service convinced me to apply again as she says she enjoying it.

You could go for both to keep your options open

You could go for both to keep your options open

I will. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

I got a "conditional offer of employment" meaning that I got the call and was told they would love to have me start in may,but theres just a slight "delay" with my vetting due to me having lived and worked abroad recently,they said they will wait another two weeks for the authorities in said country to get back to them or else i-ll have to be deferred possibly till after the summer so im trying not to get too excited or nervous!:(

triple-M wrote: »
    I got a "conditional offer of employment" meaning that I got the call and was told they would love to have me start on the 6th of may,but theres just a slight "delay" with my vetting due to me having lived and worked abroad recently,they said they will wait another two weeks for the authorities in said country to get back to them or else i-ll have to be deferred possibly till after the summer so im trying not to get too excited or nervous!:(

OH man, thats great and awful at the same time, I hate depending on other people to pull through for you, but I hope they do as the process has been long enough for us at this stage of the game.

Was talking to a former senior ranking member of prison service today who gave me some great advice and pointers for training which has been great and getting excited for a new start now.

OH man, thats great and awful at the same time, I hate depending on other people to pull through for you, but I hope they do as the process has been long enough for us at this stage of the game.

Was talking to a former senior ranking member of prison service today who gave me some great advice and pointers for training which has been great and getting excited for a new start now.

I was told that when the vetting is sorted i-d receive documentation in the post,im just wondering would it just be a confirmation letter stating that vetting is passed or am I to expect more paperwork or a welcome pack or something like that??

also best of luck with the training Little loki I hope it all works out for you it the whole process has been such a drag!

I was told that when the vetting is sorted i-d receive documentation in the post,im just wondering would it just be a confirmation letter stating that vetting is passed or am I to expect more paperwork or a welcome pack or something like that??

No they'll send you an offer of employment stating the start date of training and associated documentation like a contact, uniform size sheet etc etc, and i assume once you confirm in writing you are taking the role youll get additional info like a welcome pack or something. You do have to send some original documenation like licence, access ni form and birth certificate, but no more vetting!

Dont worry sounds like you are in, just a waiting game for info to come back to them like they said.

online status of NSV vetting went from "in progress" to "completed" today ,I assume thats it done for me,:D

online status of NSV vetting went from "in progress" to "completed" today ,I assume thats it done for me,:D

Oh good on you! Let us know sure when you start! ;)

• Advertisement

Anyone else starting 6th may??

Starting tomorrow!

Cowtown wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow!

Very good what was the welcome meeting like?

Grand! all good!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Just a query folks... How long did it take for you guys to receive a letter from the closing date for recruitment, just the new batch of recruitment closed there on the 17th I threw mine in probably around the 6th, just wondering as still haven't heard anything, could be impatience on my behalf though lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scottlad101

Just a query folks... How long did it take for you guys to receive a letter from the closing date for recruitment, just the new batch of recruitment closed there on the 17th I threw mine in probably around the 6th, just wondering as still haven't heard anything, could be impatience on my behalf though lol

I applied for this as well, and just got my letter today inviting me to the aptitude test in the next few week. Hopefully you'll get yours soon as well.

I applied for this as well, and just got my letter today inviting me to the aptitude test on the *** *** at *********** Hopefully you'll get yours soon as well.

Probably best you edit your post, goodness knows what sort of people are reading this.

I applied for this as well, and just got my letter today inviting me to the aptitude test in the next few week. Hopefully you'll get yours soon as well.

Cheers mate, will keep anybody who's interested updated lol, applied the last time and my application was lost which was gutting, but I'll see how far this goes

Letter just arrived! Awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Scottlad101

Letter just arrived! Awesome!

Glad to hear it lad! Maybe we'll be up the same day for the aptitude test! Best of luck

Advertisement