Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Glad to hear it lad! Maybe we'll be up the same day for the aptitude test! Best of luck

And to you bud :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chantelle101

hey everyone! have my aptitude test coming up very soon......really keen on this job!!

have a few questions if anyone can help. im probably jumping ahead but wanted to know the time scale from doing the aptitude test to then being called for the assessment centre if i pass the test. have booked a hol for end of june and would be gutted if the assessment centre was at that time. also does anyone have any hints or ideas what kind of things to expect from the assessment centre?
    and my final question is about the medical (yes i am most definately getting ahead of myself!!) but does any one know what kind of weight you need to be? i am a little overweight... of course a work in progress as always lol but would hate that to stop me!
    any help would be much appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

hey everyone! have my aptitude test coming up very soon......really keen on this job!!

have a few questions if anyone can help. im probably jumping ahead but wanted to know the time scale from doing the aptitude test to then being called for the assessment centre if i pass the test. have booked a hol for end of june and would be gutted if the assessment centre was at that time. also does anyone have any hints or ideas what kind of things to expect from the assessment centre?
    and my final question is about the medical (yes i am most definately getting ahead of myself!!) but does any one know what kind of weight you need to be? i am a little overweight... of course a work in progress as always lol but would hate that to stop me!

Oh crap! I have a holiday at the end of June also. I forgot about that!

I'm going on what I've read on this thread, from other users who have applied and been successful, they're not on here anymore as their accounts are closed for obvious security reasons, but seems to be your aptitude test then if successful anything from 2 weeks to a month before the assessment centre, and then a medical, a medical seems to be done at hospital were a general healthcheck is done, weight height etc, I don't think that weight is a strict thing within the prison service, if your just slightly overweight I think you will be okay, it's just a medical to deem you medically fit to do the job that you will be required to do, hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chantelle101

Thanks highbury for ur reply! Lets hope we get past the test!! If its a month after then my hol won't clash! Gd luck :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

Hey guys, does anyone have any idea on how long roughly the whole process takes from applying to starting if successful? Is it as long a process as the psni campaign?
    I too am going on holiday next month. Have my aptitude test very soon so hopefully no clashes if I'm successful at it and progress to the next stage.

Not sure how long it is mate, don't think it takes as long as the PSNI there only seems to be 3 parts to the recruitment, test, assessment centre and medical, so not sure how long it takes, possibly a few months from the start of your application to the end if successful, has anyone had any of the testing done yet? Just wondering I know we can't discuss but I've already done mine and don't know what to think really about it lol

I had mine, I don't think it went very well lol

craydon wrote: »
    I had mine, I don't think it went very well lol

Man! I feel the same I was kinda caught off guard with the time constraints, only time will tell lol

Exactly my problem too! Although I passed the psni one ok and think I did far worse on that one so fingers crossed. It's hard to judge isn't it!

• Advertisement

craydon wrote: »
    Exactly my problem too! Although I passed the psni one ok and think I did far worse on that one so fingers crossed. It's hard to judge isn't it!

Yeah definitely, I havent tried for the psni yet, but I passed the Lothian and borders police test no prob myself and thought that it would be similar, but nope lol, it's all a waiting game now, best of luck to you mate, and best of luck to anyone giving it a go they'll need it lol

Same to you! Assessment centres at the end of June apparently so it seems to be moving quick enough which is good. Start of June for aptitude results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nips hopeful

Bell70 wrote: »
    I took the test, thought the 1st bit was fine but didn't finish the maths! Hopefully everyone was in a similar boat!

Thought the first bit was fine too and had a few minutes to spare but the same with the maths as easy as I found it I took too much time on the obvious as I was probably a little too overconfident after having that spare time

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Loki

I applied last February march and am starting this week, whereas others started late last summer for the same recruitment drive so it depends on a lot of factors. Good luck to everyone who applies this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hoping123

Are the aptitude tests over now or still more next week?

Hoping123 wrote: »
    Are the aptitude tests over now or still more next week?

Think there's been a few this week don't know how long they're testing for though

The guy who took my aptitude test said the assessment centre days willbe at the end of June. Dammit!!!!

A girl I know missed her aptitude test last week, and got a phone call the other day saying if she wanted another go and was put down for another test for next week? thought that was good for her but odd, I'm thinking is there not enough competition or what for the roles? anyone else heard of that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Anyone any idea on how many applied/amount of positions they are recruiting for?

From what I was told it was start of June that the tests results and if successful the AC dates would be announced so I'm guessing this week, has anyone heard anything as of yet? Might be too early in the month, getting a wee bit nervous lol

• Advertisement

Nothing here yet and postmans been! Not hopeful at all for good news anyway but getting curious lol. Good luck to everyone waiting :)

Postman passed here too, no letter :(

Yeah ditto and like wise, really don't know what to think have put it out of my head for the past few weeks but just hit me this morning lol I've got a feeling towards the end of the week, I'm almost sure the guy said mid to late June for the AC so I'm guessing this week is when we'll get word back

Yeah ditto and like wise, really don't know what to think have put it out of my head for the past few weeks but just hit me this morning lol I've got a feeling towards the end of the week, I'm almost sure the guy said mid to late June for the AC so I'm guessing this week is when we'll get word back

Yea, I think he said the end of June as I'm away soon and remember thinking knowing my luck even if I do pass ill be away on hol on that date likely!

Letter came! Passed :) got a date for the AC and several forms to fill in, anybody else?

Letter came! Passed :) got a date for the AC and several forms to fill in, anybody else?

Well done! Postman comes round 11 so will be stalking him out the window now lol. Is the ac date more towards the end of June or in the middle?

Cheers, middle/end it's not that far away to be honest, hopefully I'll be seeing you there, I wonder how many AC's will be done, no clue from what I was given, just info and a good few forms to fill in

I'm away til the 22nd, hope that'll be time enough for me! Would be interesting to know how many - the less the better lol ;) seems such a quick turnaround

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

They're going to notify all candidates either way I assume? Due to local sorting office being very short-staffed, our post can either come first thing in the morning, late in the evening or the following day. Today appears to be one of those days my street goes without:mad:

• Advertisement

biker701 wrote: »
    They're going to notify all candidates either way I assume? Due to local sorting office being very short-staffed, our post can either come first thing in the morning, late in the evening or the following day. Today appears to be one of those days my street goes without:mad:

I'd assume so! Postmans been and gone today with nothing for me, hoping to know either way tmo!

Advertisement