Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Yeah I think everyone hears back yay or nay, good luck everyone hope the news you get is good news

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

I passed! Date for AC suits me too so very happy. Good luck to everyone waiting on the postman

Does anyone know of a contact number or contact email address for the recruitment team? Have a query about certain documents needed! Many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I didn't get a letter today. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scottlad101

Letter came! Passed :) got a date for the AC and several forms to fill in, anybody else?

Yea I got my letter today. Passed and have a date for the AC. Any idea what it entails anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Alright folks, first time I've strayed out of the PSNI recruitment thread.

I got a pass letter yesterday also.

Im an old hand at the PSNI a/c, but this will be new ground for me.

Very quick turnarounds.

• Advertisement

Wondering how similar these ac's will be in comparison with the psni ones? Very quick turnaround! Anyone know roughly when they start the first recruits?

craydon wrote: »
    Wondering how similar these ac's will be in comparison with the psni ones? Very quick turnaround! Anyone know roughly when they start the first recruits?

Last recruitment campaign two friends of mine got in, one started last November, the other started two months ago.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Last recruitment campaign two friends of mine got in, one started last November, the other started two months ago.

Suppose it depends on how far up the merit list you are and how soon the checks clear etc.
    ok so this is probably a stupid question now, but is it the same ac for everyone who's applied for prison custody officer and custody prison officer? Just wondering this as I definitely specified that I was applying for the custody prison officer job but I'm required to bring a full driving licence to the ac. I don't think I mentioned I drove so now I'm worried I may have ticked the wrong box lol? Does that even make sense/am I looking too much into it?

craydon wrote: »
    Suppose it depends on how far up the merit list you are and how soon the checks clear etc.
    ok so this is probably a stupid question now, but is it the same ac for everyone who's applied for prison custody officer and custody prison officer? Just wondering this as I definitely specified that I was applying for the custody prison officer job but I'm required to bring a full driving licence to the ac. I don't think I mentioned I drove so now I'm worried I may have ticked the wrong box lol? Does that even make sense/am I looking too much into it?

Think your looking into it too much lol, I just ticked the custody officer (po) role too and I have the same, asking me to bring a license it may be a form of ID or whatever or maybe just to see who all has a valid license due to the fact that your gonna need to be able to drive to get to whatever prison your stationed at lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bell70

Still no letter! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Bell70 wrote: »
    Still no letter! :(

All letters have been sent out.

A friend of mine did the test a day before me, but got their letter two days after I got my letter.

No letter here today neither :(

No letter here today neither :(

I hope it arrives tomorrow either way or I will have to phone and c!

Thank God for late post musta been in the bottom of the pile!!! Passed and quick turnaround indeed!

:(:(:(:(:(

Happy days Bell congrats, hang in there Dee hopefully you'll hear tomorrow or Sat!

:(:(:(:(:(

Any news pal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭biker701

Does anyone know what number I could ring to find out? postman had nothing today:(

biker701 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what number I could ring to find out? postman had nothing today:(

028 9052 5334

Some results were only posted midweek apparently so here's hoping it turns up soon!

• Advertisement

Postie doesnt get round my way until midday. Waiting and hoping here.

Another day to wait :(

Another day to wait :(

That sucks but it will come

I passed:D Not had a chance to properly read through it, but is it just the GCSE cert needed or all education certs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Is this to late to apply for?

Gcse cert mate with photocopies, there's a few more forms that you have to fill in medical and what not and your gp needs to sign off on a few too, read over the forms thoroughly to keep yourself right, and well done mate :)

billy2012 wrote: »
    Is this to late to apply for?

Yeah unfortunately mate, the closing date was the 17th of April, might come up again, this is the second recruitment campaign they've announced in about a year

Woohoo, got mine today. Near hit the floor when I saw the medical form. Thankfully I have a bit more time to lose a few pounds before filling it in.

Woohoo, got mine today. Near hit the floor when I saw the medical form. Thankfully I have a bit more time to lose a few pounds before filling it in.

Well done!!

• Advertisement

Just a query folks, does anyone know how many they're taking on board through this recruitment, or does anybody know how many they took from the last recruitment campaign, I know that every PO who applied for the early retirement package basically got it, before it was like 200 odd got it with pretty much everybody who was eligible to apply for it, and then they announced that everybody who applied for it got the early retirement package, think it was nearly 600 odd, just wondering how many did they take on for the last recruitment? so could figure out how many roles are open this time, something tells me not as many people applied compared to the last round, extending the application closing date, and a person I know missed the IST and got a phone call from them offering another chance

Advertisement