Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

Post been and gone here too and nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ssssharon

Got mine today, invitation to medical

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cubacuba

ssssharon wrote: »

Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ssssharon

Thank you anyone else heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Congratulations!

• Advertisement

sharon1986 wrote: »
    Congratulations!

Just put of curiosity is there a date for the medical? If so when ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scottlad101

Post been and gone here as well, still nothing! Getting very anxious now

Post been and gone here as well, still nothing! Getting very anxious now

Mine too. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

Well done.

Goonerdee wrote: »
    Well done.

No post for me today either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Nothing in the post for me either...

I wonder if they are sending letters out alphabetically. I live in Belfast so should only take a day to get it..

I got my letter for the AC the day after most last time, also my name is quite far down the alphabet so could be a possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Well done to the folks who've got the invitation to the medical, like everyone else getting very anxious myself, hopefully tomorrow we'll hear lol, hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Macymar

Just new to this but have been following your thread. Got my letter to say i have passed assessment centre stage, have been asked to get medical forms signed by doc and optician. Also to complete a counter terrorism check form. Haven't been invited to anywhere though... Have to post these forms back and don't know what happens next... Anyone?

They told me I should b getting a letter probably to say that iv passed the AC as all regrets have apparently gone out but other than that they can't say much more. They still have to get a note of how many vacancies etc there are to fill still and those at top of merit list are picked first for medical. They then start moving down the list if people fail medicals or drop out etc. so it could be a long waiting game that's if we even get a call at all. Does anyone know how it worked last time at all?

Oh did you phone them Sharon? They told me through email last week that we should hear either way by the end of this week! Does tomorrow include that lol? Don't think I can do this waiting much longer! Also wonder if that means we can find out merit placing soon?

craydon wrote: »
    Oh did you phone them Sharon? They told me through email last week that we should hear either way by the end of this week! Does tomorrow include that lol? Don't think I can do this waiting much longer! Also wonder if that means we can find out merit placing soon?

They couldn't tell me merit placing although what concerned me was that she said that being on merit list doesn't even guarantee a medical. My problem is iv been offered another job to start on 2 September but I was holding out to see how long this would b but now I'm not so sure il even get a call for a medical. U have any idea from before how it worked? From reading this thread it seemed people got calls quite quickly bi suppose it all depends on how many vacancies there are

They couldn't tell me merit placing although what concerned me was that she said that being on merit list doesn't even guarantee a medical. My problem is iv been offered another job to start on 2 September but I was holding out to see how long this would b but now I'm not so sure il even get a call for a medical. U have any idea from before how it worked? From reading this thread it seemed people got calls quite quickly bi suppose it all depends on how many vacancies there are

Damn, I never even thought of a merit list, my post hasn't arrived yet, but now I'm not as optimistic lol

Damn, I never even thought of a merit list, my post hasn't arrived yet, but now I'm not as optimistic lol

Looks like the wait might drag on :(
    I stupidly thought if you passed the AC then as long as medical and clearance were ok then you would be ok.

• Advertisement

Me either. Bit disappointed to be honest

Cubacuba wrote: »
    Looks like the wait might drag on :(
    I stupidly thought if you passed the AC then as long as medical and clearance were ok then you would be ok.

Ditto, I'll wait and see if I get post and see what happens, if I don't get post then I'm gonna go out on a limb that I'm not gonna be one of those getting a medical, tbh I would rather be told that I wasn't successful than to be put on a waiting list lol, just the unknown that drives you crazy lol

Ditto, I'll wait and see if I get post and see what happens, if I don't get post then I'm gonna go out on a limb that I'm not gonna be one of those getting a medical, tbh I would rather be told that I wasn't successful than to be put on a waiting list lol, just the unknown that drives you crazy lol

I know. But they claim to not even know how many posts need filled! But I was assuming it was quite a lot coz they had advertised for PCOs and custody officers.

I know. But they claim to not even know how many posts need filled! But I was assuming it was quite a lot coz they had advertised for PCOs and custody officers.

See I thought that too, because the closing date for applications had been extended another week, and I know a girl who missed her entrance test, and got a phone call saying she could take it again on another date, so I was thinking they hadn't got the number of applicants they wanted

See I thought that too, because the closing date for applications had been extended another week, and I know a girl who missed her entrance test, and got a phone call saying she could take it again on another date, so I was thinking they hadn't got the number of applicants they wanted

Maybe we are all just speculating. I had a quick glance thru the posts last time around n it seemed like people got calls on a weeks notice etc. does anyone else wanna call see if they get the response I did? I'm in work and couldn't really ask all the questions I wanted to!

Maybe we are all just speculating. I had a quick glance thru the posts last time around n it seemed like people got calls on a weeks notice etc. does anyone else wanna call see if they get the response I did? I'm in work and couldn't really ask all the questions I wanted to!

Have you got a number and I'll phone them.

Post just been and nothing again :confused:

My postie doesn't come till bout 2pm.
    All this waiting is doing my head in.
    Sounds right about the merit list though.
    Probably top ranking in the merit list and they will put you through medical.

Nothing here either, my nerves are up the left lol

• Advertisement

028 9052 5334

Let us know !

Advertisement