Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ted777

I am not going to feel relaxed until I'm actually at the training If i get that far I know I've passed the AC but sure you just never know I've already got CTC so don't have to do that either as had with my previous employment but sure you just never know I've been told as long as I pass medical I will be in but I'm now obsessed with getting myself fit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chantelle101

Ted777 wrote: »
    @Highbury lad I honestly think we will be ok there's a terrible lot of surmising and overanalysing being done here

Yes ted ull b ok as u have got ur forms. The rest of us haven't heard anything yet!

Yes ted ull b ok as u have got ur forms. The rest of us haven't heard anything yet!

But I'd say no news is good news for you too as they are prob working way down merit order

But I'd say no news is good news for you too as they are prob working way down merit order

Hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Cubacuba wrote: »
    Right Guys..... Who's waiting for the postie today? Lol!

I dunno if I can be bothered with the hoping today! Lol il wait and read all your posts before I even hassle my mum to check my post each day!

• Advertisement

I am not going to feel relaxed until I'm actually at the training If i get that far I know I've passed the AC but sure you just never know I've already got CTC so don't have to do that either as had with my previous employment but sure you just never know I've been told as long as I pass medical I will be in but I'm now obsessed with getting myself fit lol

I already have CTC as well so I'm hoping that will speed things up for me if I get in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I'm the same as everyone here we all just want to know what the craic is with our position, even if I was to get a regret, yeah I would be disappointed but I would at least know, rather than being tortured with each passing morn waiting on the postman lol

Out of curiosity of those that have filled out vetting forms etc what is your order of merit I don't mind telling mine in a private message to whoever wants to know

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

When did you find out your merit placing ted?

craydon wrote: »
    When did you find out your merit placing ted?

I rang them and asked them when I received my forms with the letter to tell me I had passed AC

• Advertisement

Interesting, theyve said that all rejection letters are out so im assuming the rest of us have passed. And due to the fact that they told me wed all hear back by the end of last week im tempted to phone and ask mine although I was sure from earlier in the thread that they didn't give the info out over the phone? Maybe its changed from then or maybe im wrong!

Interesting, theyve said that all rejection letters are out so im assuming the rest of us have passed. And due to the fact that they told me wed all hear back by the end of last week im tempted to phone and ask mine although I was sure from earlier in the thread that they didn't give the info out over the phone? Maybe its changed from then or maybe im wrong!

Well I got given mine ring them it will do no harm I had sent them a couple of emails too but was ringing them as well. Good luck it'd be nice to make friends here and all get in !

If you call up Craydon n get it let me know !

• Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Postman stalking time again.....

Postman been and gone as expected! I'd imagine they are probably off the weekend anyway so it likely would have been tomorrow until we heard!

Okay kinda rude on the phone to be honest lol, she said there's still letters going out, but if I hadn't heard anything by the end of the week she would deal with any of my telephone queries, she said that those that did an AC last got marked first and those that are successful from each AC will be notified, all the regret letters are out, I asked her about the merit system and she said that there's people to still receive letters who would be at the top of the list were as some have already got there's and would be lower down the list, but she said the merit doesn't mean anything it's more for numbers when filling into training, she said that someone who has all their forms and everything sorted would go straight in as there is no waiting, were someone who is waiting will get in, just may be a bit later

Okay kinda rude on the phone to be honest lol, she said there's still letters going out, but if I hadn't heard anything by the end of the week she would deal with any of my telephone queries, she said that those that did an AC last got marked first and those that are successful from each AC will be notified, all the regret letters are out, I asked her about the merit system and she said that there's people to still receive letters who would be at the top of the list were as some have already got there's and would be lower down the list, but she said the merit doesn't mean anything it's more for numbers when filling into training, she said that someone who has all their forms and everything sorted would go straight in as there is no waiting, were someone who is waiting will get in, just may be a bit later

Happy days then looks like we will maybe all see each other soon lol

So we will all get regardless of our merit number?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cubacuba

I emailed asking for update. Letters going out today and tomorrow and if I don't hear by the end of week then I have to phone. My postman has been my new best friend the past few days lol. So the wait continues...

sharon1986 wrote: »
    So we will all get regardless of our merit number?

I think so, she just said to me when I asked about merit, don't worry about merit, she said no news is good news as I would've heard a dear John by now, it's put my mind at ease a bit as to what's going on, but I'm not gonna be satisfied with anything til I get a letter in the mail lol

• Advertisement

I think so, she just said to me when I asked about merit, don't worry about merit, she said no news is good news as I would've heard a dear John by now, it's put my mind at ease a bit as to what's going on, but I'm not gonna be satisfied with anything til I get a letter in the mail lol

Haha I have now got renewed hope! Hopefully we all get around the same time!! What about the medical? Anyone doing anything extra? I assumed as long as height weight was definitely within bmi ranges and everything else sight etc is ok we will all get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LovinLife1

They will give merit order on the phone if you ask nice enough :)

sharon1986 wrote: »
    Haha I have now got renewed hope! Hopefully we all get around the same time!! What about the medical? Anyone doing anything extra? I assumed as long as height weight was definitely within bmi ranges and everything else sight etc is ok we will all get in?

Yeah just wait and see just incase, I'm still being vigilant about the whole thing lol, don't want to be disappointed, my fitness is pretty good go to the gym 3 times a week plus rugby, do a lot of weight and cardio exercises I'm 6ft 3 and my weight is 16 stone and that's me right down to we're I can't lose anymore weight, my BMI might be a bit over but it's down to muscle, so I was told not to worry by my own GP, I hope lol

Yeah just wait and see just incase, I'm still being vigilant about the whole thing lol, don't want to be disappointed, my fitness is pretty good go to the gym 3 times a week plus rugby, do a lot of weight and cardio exercises I'm 6ft 3 and my weight is 16 stone and that's me right down to we're I can't lose anymore weight, my BMI might be a bit over but it's down to muscle, so I was told not to worry by my own GP, I hope lol

Good work highbury u have given me a little more faith lol! Still no post today tho!!

My BMI is 27 so I think it had to be below 30 so I should be ok! Everything else is fine! I don't think there is any fitness tests like the police which is good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

No post today. Just curious, but I applied for all available positions. Custody officer and the driver positions. All 4.
    Any one else do this. I wonder if there is a merit pool for all positions.
    Will I get more than 1 letter.......

neoruss wrote: »
    No post today. Just curious, but I applied for all available positions. Custody officer and the driver positions. All 4.
    Any one else do this. I wonder if there is a merit pool for all positions.
    Will I get more than 1 letter.......

That's what I was wondering too. I applied for the 40 hour PCO and the custody officer positions.

I never even thought of that, I just applied for the custody officer role

Thanks highbury! I emailed earlier asking a few things and the reply I got was that they are issuing letters today and tomorrow and if I haven't heard by the end of the week to call them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cubacuba

Thanks highbury! I emailed earlier asking a few things and the reply I got was that they are issuing letters today and tomorrow and if I haven't heard by the end of the week to call them.

That's what I got told too.

Advertisement