Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭craydon

So the stalking resumes tomorrow! Posties all over the country are probably wondering what the heck is going on lol

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Ted777

neoruss wrote: »
    No post today. Just curious, but I applied for all available positions. Custody officer and the driver positions. All 4.
    Any one else do this. I wonder if there is a merit pool for all positions.
    Will I get more than 1 letter.......

I applied for all but only got one letter and merit number and doesn't say what jobs so I assume I get to choose lol I'd prob prefer the actual prison officer as I'm a girl and I can't see me driving a big van ! Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

I wonder how long it will be once they have forms in before we start to get calls for medicals then? and how long is the actual training at the college in Millisle?

sharon1986 wrote: »
    I wonder how long it will be once they have forms in before we start to get calls for medicals then? and how long is the actual training at the college in Millisle?

Probably not that long and the training is 8 weeks I think mon- Fri

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭chantelle101

Ted777 wrote: »
    Probably not that long and the training is 8 weeks I think mon- Fri

So they're going backwards didnt some1 say? And letters going today and tomoro prob second clas so im reckoning thurs for those who did ac first!!

• Advertisement

Did anyone happen to find out how many they are actually recruiting for?!!!

Did anyone happen to find out how many they are actually recruiting for?!!!

No idea! That's why I'm confused at to how they can be so sure providing we all pass medicals that all will get a place at training

No idea! That's why I'm confused at to how they can be so sure providing we all pass medicals that all will get a place at training

So many question's we have lol ....I ain't ringing back for a while or ill get struck off the list for torturing them!!

So many question's we have lol ....I ain't ringing back for a while or ill get struck off the list for torturing them!!

Lol was just thinking the same earlier! Will maybe never find out my merit placing. I already had them tortured at application form stage no wonder I'm not getting any post lol

craydon wrote: »
    Lol was just thinking the same earlier! Will maybe never find out my merit placing. I already had them tortured at application form stage no wonder I'm not getting any post lol

I know but they shouldn't have four or five recruitment line phone numbers if they can't b bothered answering

• Advertisement

And another day......

And so the stalking begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deetopps

Hi all new to this but have been keeping an eye on this forum as I am also waiting word, has anyone heard anything today as the rumour I have heard from a friend in the DOJ is that there had been a problem with the way recruitment had been run, that people who were lower down the merit list would have to wait until the ones higher up the list had specified which job they would take as most applicants ticked for all the jobs meaning that they couldn't allocate jobs for everyone who passed straight away or at all for those who ticked for one job that were lower down the merit list

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

Still nothing here folks, that makes sense dee, I forgot about the jobs that were offered I only ticked the custody officer role myself, however, I did sorta think how would this work, if so many was put forward for medicals and then they pass and some decided to go the PCO route or vice versa, then they're standing there going oh crap, we don't have enough numbers for this role etc, the whole process has been kinda disheartening, my oppinion anyway, the wait continues

Still nothing here folks, that makes sense dee, I forgot about the jobs that were offered I only ticked the custody officer role myself, however, I did sorta think how would this work, if so many was put forward for medicals and then they pass and some decided to go the PCO route or vice versa, then they're standing there going oh crap, we don't have enough numbers for this role etc, the whole process has been kinda disheartening, my oppinion anyway, the wait continues

Sums up my thoughts exactly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 deetopps

Have yr postmen been today yet mine doesn't come until half 12 at best

Yea mine bypassed my house lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭HighburyLad

I'm in work and my mum has phoned me saying been and gone nothing for me lol, granted I was told on the phone yesterday there was letters being sent out yesterday and today so it would most likely be tomorrow before those letters would reach us, my fear is that I'm way down the merit list, that its like 6 months or longer before I'm offered a place, if so this wasn't meant to be, the psni is opening recruitment around the corner and I'll give my all and everything for that

I don't think I'm very high up the list myself but even more disappointed in reading that rumour about the way recruitment is running, that those higher up the list get the choice then the rest are passed to those lower down. I only chose custody officer and I'm imagining it'd be the more popular of the jobs. Then again it's hopefully only a rumour

• Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Postman bypassed me too...

• Advertisement

neoruss wrote: »
    Postman bypassed me too...

Beginning to think we have been misled again. Just like I was told me go in place of merit, then we don't then we do. Then they have no idea or the number of jobs yet we will all be placed!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cubacuba

Beginning to think we have been misled again. Just like I was told me go in place of merit, then we don't then we do. Then they have no idea or the number of jobs yet we will all be placed!

No letter for me today :(

I'm in work and my mum has phoned me saying been and gone nothing for me lol, granted I was told on the phone yesterday there was letters being sent out yesterday and today so it would most likely be tomorrow before those letters would reach us, my fear is that I'm way down the merit list, that its like 6 months or longer before I'm offered a place, if so this wasn't meant to be, the psni is opening recruitment around the corner and I'll give my all and everything for that

Good luck

A bit of speculating but going to try be optimistic here lol, maybe they posted them late missing the last post so it'll be tomorrow. Surely we can't ALL be really far down the merit list, I mean there's what - 6,7 of us posting every day?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Cubacuba

A bit of speculating but going to try be optimistic here lol, maybe they posted them late missing the last post so it'll be tomorrow. Surely we can't ALL be really far down the merit list, I mean there's what - 6,7 of us posting every day?

Here's hoping! (I seem to be doing a lot of that lately lol)

That's what I would have thought. 1st class mail usually takes two days to get to me from Belfast so I'm thinking we will all receive on Friday? Or else they r all being typed yesterday and today but they won't all be posted until tomorrow?

That's what I would have thought. 1st class mail usually takes two days to get to me from Belfast so I'm thinking we will all receive on Friday? Or else they r all being typed yesterday and today but they won't all be posted until tomorrow?

I haven't checked my post today yet

I haven't checked my post today yet

Nothing

Nothing
    Me either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 neoruss

Hopefully tomorrow...