Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Ireland prison service (now recruiting))

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭swl33t

cheers, im on holiday for the next week so IF i get through it'll have to wait lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DawgElite

Well done to those who received Big Brown Envelopes. Nearly there I'd say. I'm sort of wondering was there much point in me going for it anyway. What is the Basic working out at each Week? I'm making the Guts of £330 a Week already with a Top end Week of £390 with Allowances etc. Does anyone know what the break down would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

It's just not fair - I'm still in work, but my wife says there is no post.....

Congrats you you guys who are going on.

Is there any feedback from tests or AC?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

DawgElite wrote: »
    Well done to those who received Big Brown Envelopes. Nearly there I'd say. I'm sort of wondering was there much point in me going for it anyway. What is the Basic working out at each Week? I'm making the Guts of £330 a Week already with a Top end Week of £390 with Allowances etc. Does anyone know what the break down would be?

Look at the gross and divide by 16 and that will give you the rough monthly income for the job - I am currently in a better paid job but with minimal benefits - Whilst in the short term I will take a pay cut I am thinking long term with the pension and additional benefits - was a good Friday to come home to that envelope - Good luck to the rest of you 67J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭weepete

wanadrum wrote: »
    It's just not fair - I'm still in work, but my wife says there is no post.....

Congrats you you guys who are going on.

Is there any feedback from tests or AC?

No feed back whatsoever, no score or passmark either just a yay or a nay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

Got my big brown envelope today anyone know what the next stages are after the forms, does this mean that we're as good as in so long as we pass the medical and ctc checks? The letter is very vauge other than to fill out more forms?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭sydnor

Got a letter myself.

Trying to not get over excited, I've passed the PSNI AC before only to not move on to the next stage.

Although I'm cautiously taking the vetting forms as a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DawgElite

1967J wrote: »
    Look at the gross and divide by 16 and that will give you the rough monthly income for the job - I am currently in a better paid job but with minimal benefits - Whilst in the short term I will take a pay cut I am thinking long term with the pension and additional benefits - was a good Friday to come home to that envelope - Good luck to the rest of you 67J

True, but I'm already in a Government Funded Job with Pension's etc with the NHS. The only problem is there's not much chance of promotion which is the reason I've went for this type of job. I feel wasted in my current job and there's not much mental stimulation involved which I crave. Hopefully something will come along soon. Here's hoping. :) Suppose I should just count myself lucky that I have a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Little Loki

Passed!! Yeah!! :D

I'm assuming everyone who sat the AC has got their results either today or yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

I didnt get results yet,but im in the south so that could be why

• Registered Users Posts: 29 chontour

i got a letter today to say id passed but they had a lot to process so sit and wait basically, i was over the moon to be honest but now you guys mention big brown envelopes with more forms im quite sad :(

think i have passed but at a low score :(

pretty much going to be like my last psni ac where i passed but a few months later got a dear john

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭andrewg82

tough job!

I got a third category of letter - passed the AC but due to high number of applicants I have to wait for more information.

I must be on a reserve list. :(.

I was really hoping for vetting forms.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Trex450

Got letter as well to say I'd passed AC, and to sit tight due to high volume of applicants they are processing.

I'm taking it at face value, since I was prob the last person to apply and have been weeks behind on everything else in comparison to others on here.

I think the 'big brown' envelope will land in the next few days.

Sry to hear of those who got dear John's, It took me over 3 hours to open my letter this morning as I thought it's a one page John from the look of it... Nearly chucked it in bin tbh without opening it :eek:

I have to admit I saw that it was a small letter and feared the worst!

I did AC on same day as weepete though my application number is higher.

Sort of hoping that the forms are going out in order of application number, but I doubt it.

My application number is 36xxx, and my application form was hand delivered on the closing date.

I imagine it will be like psni and they have sent vetting forms to those with best results.

I wish they would give a bit more info so you know if you should be keeping your hopes up or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Hammath1

Got my letter to say I passed but hold tight.

Really dreading opening it all day as I thought it was rejection. I nearly threw it in the bin too!

Pleased to have passed as I thought I messed up the group exercise.

Application number is 37*** so maybe in order or being done by surname? As I'd be towards the end of that list.

Good luck to everyone waiting for a letter still.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Trex450

I'm number 37*** as well, gotta be optimistic and say that there's probably a lot of factors in the mix, and hopefully we all get a fair chance...

If surname based I'm mid alphabet. I guess its the not knowing and having little info to go that lets our imaginations run...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

Got my envelope today also. Pass letter with more medical and vetting forms/CTC check. Only got my initial tuberculosis one posted last week, if I had have known there would have been more doctors signature's and stamps required I would have held on, gonna have to fork out another 25 squid now! Lol. Congrats to all those that passed and commiserations to those who didn't.

Interesting that they've sent vetting forms for some of those who passed and not others. Wonder if there's anything in that or are they just going by Application Number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ShaneW1986

Dont quote me on this but on the day of my assesment someone mentioned that there were 200 jobs or something like this going but that there would be a further 200 to come over the next year or so! Dont know how much truth there is in this so take it with a pinch of salt as they say! Congrats to every one who has recived any sort of a pass, amd my condolences to anyone who hasent!

Also its definetly not apahabetical cause im W im afraid, unless their being awkward an going in reverse order!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 hayes_1991

so after these vetting and medical forms, is that us starting training? wonder what time we have to wait for these to be completed and to hear back?

I reckon it will be like psni one and those who have scored best - ie those higher on the merit list will have got the medical and vetting forms first, they will then work their way down the list.

I'd love it to be linked to application no, but that is unlikely in my opinion.

hayes_1991 wrote: »
    so after these vetting and medical forms, is that us starting training? wonder what time we have to wait for these to be completed and to hear back?

Well I expect there will be a medical, and on passing the medical and vetting being cleared I reckon you'll be in.

The vetting is variable and some take a lot longer than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Think someone had previously mentioned November as when the training was starting - Could be wrong though - Does anyone know what the duration and breakdown of the training is - 67J

Does anyone know how many trainees they will start in each intake? I doubt they will start 200 at once.

It is a pity they don't give a vit more information about training etc - we'd all have more to talk about if they gave a bit more away!

yea, there wasnt much info at all, just makes everyone more anxious. i already have Counter terriost clearance from company I work for at the minute so hopefully that speeds it up a bit

yea, there wasnt much info at all, just makes everyone more anxious. i already have Counter terriost clearance from company I work for at the minute so hopefully that speeds it up a bit

I suppose it might help, but I would imagine they will got through the motions as normal regardless of any prior security vetting.

does anyone know if the custody officer job is 12hr shifts or what kinda shift pattern they run?

• Advertisement

does anyone know if the custody officer job is 12hr shifts or what kinda shift pattern they run?

It'll be shifts but I imagine the hours will vary. 12 hours one day, 8 another, that sort of thing.

Advertisement