Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What network are you with and why?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I saw this on the carphone warehouse facebook page and it got me wondering, what phone network are you all on and what are your reasons for being with that provider?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Three, unlimited internet and Three like home roaming are main reasons.
    I know for some people they can be hit or miss with the call center support but for me anyway, 4 years in and I'm still a happy camper.

should add a poll to your thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Meteor 15 yoyo deal. Free calls and texts to meteor + 200 mins and texts and 1GB of data.

Most of the people i call are on meteor. Dont think any network can match that for me anyway so i wont bother going anywhere else till it ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

3 for me. All you can eat data plus free any network weekend calls are the main reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Three. Unlimited data, UK calls included and 3 Like Home (plus most of family is with them too so free 3 to 3 calls are handy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Also 3, unlimited data, oodles of texts and so on. I was with them not long after they arrived here originally and they weren't great.

I switched to Meteor then came back not long after they announced their current PAYG deal. My experience of them is much better this time around, here's hoping it lasts.

+1 for the poll idea btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

+1 on the meteor 15 euro deal

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

emobile - 100 mins - 100 texts for 19 euros a month, was gonna change until they gave me a free phone upgrade.
    Would like to get a data package at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

o2 - it works.

Vodafone is not bad now (family now use it), but when I used to use it, it was sh|te.
    Meteor: I could be next to the mast, and I'd get no signal.
    3: heard only bad things about them, and people have no signal with them at my place of work.

I'm on pre-pay, and use the tenner a month for 700MB of data. Don't use all of that mostly, but as I sometimes only use a tenner of texts and calls, there's no point in me being on a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭vandriver

Three,I get through 3 gigs a month on my phone!Also can phone UK mobiles as part of my minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Meteor 15 yoyo deal. Free calls and texts to meteor + 200 mins and texts and 1GB of data.

Most of the people i call are on meteor. Dont think any network can match that for me anyway so i wont bother going anywhere else till it ends.

Ditto, and the deal wont end..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

48 - free texts free calls for €10

no other network comes even close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Meteor affinity 400 mins 400 texts 5GB data free Meteor calls and texts €45

metalfest wrote: »
    48 - free texts free calls for €10

no other network comes even close

So how much are they for 1gb of data?

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭vicM

Tesco
    get free calls text to my family on the same network.have better coverage than three where i live, who i was with before.
    I realized i don't use much mobile internet data anyways and i'm usually under wifi coverage most of the time. the 6.99 bundle is enough for me and edge speeds are
    acceptable

bryaner wrote: »
    So how much are they for 1gb of data?
    €4 AFAIK

Atm it's €2 for "unlimited" data for a week, I think 500MB is the FUP

but with 5000 texts and 3000 minutes and 20 landline minutes for a tenner I'll gladly pay for data

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

tesco - cheap , i dont use my phone much and im not made to spend 20 a month.
    temped by the 48 offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

Tesco. Same coverage as o2 but cheaper.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

god's toy wrote: »

should add a poll to your thread!

Sorry :o I think it is too late to try to add one now..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yeah, it is going to be 1 EUR per hour for data. Extremely expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

Vahevala wrote: »
    I saw this on the carphone warehouse facebook page and it got me wondering, what phone network are you all on and what are your reasons for being with that provider?

3. Unlimited data & texts & weekend calls. Free 3 to 3 calls. 3 like home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Have always been bill pay since getting a phone in 1997. Was with Esat/O2 for 14 years, very happy but then it got expensive for a lot less. Currently with Three . Joined because of value and allowances especially data allowance with which to tether. Again very happy with service and allowances but due to cost I'm thinking of going to Meteor.

Fungus wrote: »
    Yeah, it is going to be 1 EUR per hour for data. Extremely expensive.

Makes the Meteor €15.25 deal look real good so..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

Been with O2 for about 14 years or so, always happy with their customer service until yesterday really when I got notified that they are shutting down my email account and not providing any facility for forwarding on mails or such like. That's knocked the whole "customer care" angle firmly on the head so going to move to Three now because of the data allowances and the, very fair, data roaming. Actually looking forward to moving now :)

art wrote: »
    Been with O2 for about 14 years or so, always happy with their customer service until yesterday really when I got notified that they are shutting down my email account and not providing any facility for forwarding on mails or such like. That's knocked the whole "customer care" angle firmly on the head so going to move to Three now because of the data allowances and the, very fair, data roaming. Actually looking forward to moving now :)

Can't beat the Meteor deals dude serious value have a look before you move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Have always been bill pay since getting a phone in 1997. Was with Esat/O2 for 14 years, very happy but then it got expensive for a lot less. Currently with Three . Joined because of value and allowances especially data allowance with which to tether. Again very happy with service and allowances but due to cost I'm thinking of going to Meteor.

I am with 3 as well but would find it hard to give up the all you can eat as I use, I would imagine regularly over 2GB a month. I would say a maximum of 4GB and to go back to just 1 GB or 2GB, I would find tough :o

3 works out well for me, as I love having the option to have UK calls as part of my units. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

With Meteor for about 20 euro a month (15euro for sim only plan and 5 euro BlackBerry add-on) I can get 3 GB's of data. And I only use 2-3GB's on Three so there's not much point paying Three 30euro when I can get pretty much the same with Meteor for 20 euro. Plus moving the OH over will cut her plan from 30 euro to 15. Total saved per month is 25 euro. Not bad

Advertisement