Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerns over company background search prior to doing business

Options
  • 16-02-2012 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭

I have selected a preferred landscaper to some work for me as I was happy with the design/price compared to the others. So, I’ve decided to do some background searches on the company to make sure all is in order before formally agreeing (e.g. to ensure he will be paying VAT etc).

Two things have got me concerned:

1) When I search the CRO.ie web site the company is listed only as a “Business Name”. The only document submitted was for this name registration.

2) The company has a .ie domain name, but when I check the IEDR.ie web site it is registered as a “unincorporated association”.

I’ve yet to receive a detailed quote on paper or via email (just verbal) but there is a VAT number listed on a design document I received on headed paper. Should I be concerned at this stage?

Comments

Advertisement