Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filmmaker or film student wanted for animation project Dublin

• 16-02-2012 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Hi,

I looking for a filmmaker or film student to help me with a project. I want to make a lapsed time animation, about a minutes long one it's edited. I have the idea, animator, studio access if needed, I just need someone with good camera skills, a hd camera and lighting. The entire film process should take no more then 2 hours of your time, I will do the editing. I can't make a payment but it would be a good project for someone who wants to extend their portfolio

pm me for more details,
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

I will do the editing

Are you an experienced editor? Can I see an example of your work before considering this job for my portfolio.
    studio access if needed

Is the job going to be in studio or not? Won't the studio provide the lighting? If not, what lighting do you need?
    I just need someone with good camera skills, a hd camera and lighting

Will you be using a 720p or 1080p workflow? Is HDV good enough or do you need a higher bit rate?

Also, will you be grading the footage too? Do you have the appropriate S-Curve LUT for use with footage shot in LOG mode?

Who will be doing the digital acquisition and transposing of the footage to make it ready to edit? You'll need at least three separate sources, portable hard drives or otherwise to backup the footage after it is shot. These will need to be supplied by you.

Will the video be just for the web or somewhere else too, tv, dvd, etc? You'll need to render a different version of the project for each.
    The entire film process should take no more then 2 hours of your time

You want to shoot two hours of footage or this includes all the steps above too? How do you plan to shoot the time-lapse, just in video mode? Wouldn't a traditional stills camera with an intervalometer be better so you can do a Ken Burns effect in editing? Oh, will you be doing this and the title sequence motion graphics yourself?
    I can't make a payment but it would be a good project for someone who wants to extend their portfolio
    I assume you'll be so kind as to cover studio costs, equipment rental if necessary and travel arrangements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭redbug

Just looking for someone with camera and editing skills for this small and fun project that will be put on youtube if genuinely interested p.m. me and we can chat more :-):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

You've been spamming several boards with this request for almost 3 months. It might be time to take a hint that people are not interested in working for free, "fun" and all is it might be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

redbug wrote: »
    Just looking for someone with camera and editing skills for this small and fun project that will be put on youtube if genuinely interested p.m. me and we can chat more :-):)

Try learning how to do this stuff for yourself and you wouldn't have to try scamming people out of their own time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Reply to a duplicate post sent http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056495339

Are you aware that a one minute long timelapse video at 25fps would require 1500 shots if using a DSLR camera?

Two minutes requires 3000 shots, etc......

Also a PM sent..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

God I hate the way people think they are doing you a favor by offering you work on their short film or project. Time is valuable, people need to be paid for it. Cameras cost money that also needs to be paid back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 americanna

I'd be interested in doing this for you. I'll PM you my reel ;-)

Advertisement