Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Venue for a 21st

Options
  • 16-02-2012 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys,

My 21st is in a couple of months and I'm finding it difficult to think of somewhere suitable to have a party.
    Can anyone suggest or recommend any pubs / function rooms in the North Kildare area or perhaps near the city centre ?
    Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Fate restaurant in naas have a function room upstairs...worth a look and then you have the town afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17 JaMurphay

Thanks ! Will certainly have a look into that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

The Village Inn in Celbridge offer their function room free afaik, nice room DJ booth/sound system, the usual stuff. Maynooth/City centre within easy reach by taxi/minibus if you plan on going on somewhere.

Good function room at the County Bar beside the Spa Hotel Lucan either. Or upstairs in O'Neills, Maynooth, although I'm not sure if they rent this out at the weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Lawlors Hotel in Naas have a brilliant function room but I think it's pricey enough. Upstairs in Graces is free to rent and for a smaller party upstairs in Swan Dowlings is good and they provide really nice food. You can also rent Cinebar which is the nightclub beside Swans.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

The Westgrove in Clane is lovely.. I was at a 30th in the Onyx Room there last month and it was great.. lovely big room but not too big to fill, very modern, food was lovely and they let the DJ play til 2.30am..

Whereas up in the Cigar Bar upstairs the DJ has to stop at 12 as it is within the Hotel and may disturb the guests..

Would depend on the sort of crowd you're catering for I guess..

• Advertisement

Cheers guys ! I will have a look into all of them :)
    Appreciate the help

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

I'd say that upstairs in Graces is a good shout to rent out.

So, an open invitation for all of boards, right?

full_irish wrote: »
    I'd say that upstairs in Graces is a good shout to rent out.

So, an open invitation for all of boards, right?

Of course! Wouldn't be fair if I asked for your suggestions and didn't invite you all :P

JaMurphay wrote: »
    Of course! Wouldn't be fair if I asked for your suggestions and didn't invite you all :P

So when shall we discuss my appearance fee?

full_irish wrote: »
    So when shall we discuss my appearance fee?

Closer to the time and when I have a venue booked :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

JaMurphay wrote: »
    Hey guys,

My 21st is in a couple of months and I'm finding it difficult to think of somewhere suitable to have a party.
    Can anyone suggest or recommend any pubs / function rooms in the North Kildare area or perhaps near the city centre ?
    Thanks !

RIght beside the village inn on mainstreet celbridge there is a pub called the Mucky Duck,

Check it out, fantastic, much bigger than you think. And if you get a meal before you party, I would suggest the steak on a lava stone... Yes, you can cook your own steak :D

Karlitto wrote: »
    RIght beside the village inn on mainstreet celbridge there is a pub called the Mucky Duck,

Check it out, fantastic, much bigger than you think. And if you get a meal before you party, I would suggest the steak on a lava stone... Yes, you can cook your own steak :D

The Mucky Duck is great, haven't been in years ! And I think we'd have food catered for the night. Cheers for that suggestion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Fudge74

The Courtyard in Leixlip is a rockin spot for a party

Fudge74 wrote: »
    The Courtyard in Leixlip is a rockin spot for a party

Yeah you pay a certain amount and get the place decorated, a DJ and a cake :P So it's a maybe haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ismisekatie

bubble lounge upstairs of o neills! peofect :P

bubble lounge upstairs of o neills! peofect :P
    ah OP must be 21 by now... although i like you're forward thinking for his/her (i'm not sure) 22nd already!

p.s OP i assume the invites got lost in the post, right... right?

Advertisement