Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

old sim into iphone

• 16-02-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else but I couldn't find it.

i have recently purchased an iphone 4s having previously owned a 3gs. I have synced everything over no problems there. The question i have is this. The other half has a really basic phone and she was asking me if she could use my 3gs now that I don't need it. so i put the sim in and it works fine.

She is locked into a contract until September and will be moving provider then but if she puts her sim into my old phone will she be able to sign up to a data plan without committing to a new contract? is there any way to find out if she is already on a data plan? can she create a new itunes id etc? can she just buy a new sim card keep the same number to get a data plan?

or would it be better to just wait it out and leave her with her old phone for now? i would like her to be able to use the 3gs but not if data is going to cost a small fortune or also not if she is going to be shoe-horned into another 12 month contract.

any advice on this greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

rootjuse70 wrote: »
    She is locked into a contract until September and will be moving provider then but if she puts her sim into my old phone will she be able to sign up to a data plan without committing to a new contract?
    She will be able to use the iphone if unlock or if it's on same network as you had it. For data plan she will need to contact them and ask to make sure but most providers you can buy and add-ons for data, that should not be tight you into a contract extension.
    Is there any way to find out if she is already on a data plan?
    Depending on provider she can check online if data is included in her plan or contact support.
    can she create a new itunes id etc?
    She can create her own itunes account if she wants or use the same as you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 rootjuse70

thanks very much for that.

so if we are able to get a data add-on without agreeing to a new contract then we are sorted.

that was the bit i wanted to find out about really.

thanks

Advertisement