Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lose >6kg over Lent

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Hungrycol wrote: »
    Commencing on the morning of 22nd February for 40 days and 40 nights my plan is to lose 6.35kg (1 stone) by Easter. In other words lose the weight of the min limit of a UCI legal bike* in 40 days.

I know this is 6.8kgs but 1 stone will do me!

Right Oh, I think I'll try this again. From 15st to 14st in 40 days and 40 nights.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Right Oh, I think I'll try this again. From 15st to 14st in 40 days and 40 nights.

Hmmm, 2.45lb per week, could do with a bit of that myself at present. Best of luck with your endeavour and may just join you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Hmmm. What happened since April...........did you put the old stone back on?

89kg = 14 st

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

TheBlaaMan wrote: »
    Hmmm. What happened since April...........did you put the old stone back on?

89kg = 14 st

:o

Yup, pretty much since the Swords League stopped last year so did I. Motivation is lower this year though so it's going to be harder.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Similar situation here;

382190_474412075954188_912311974_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Best of luck.

The only way that I can lose weight is thru diet, I cycle 8-10hours most weeks and do not have the time to do more.
    Similar weight to yourself.
    I am trying to cut down (or completely eliminate White/processed carbs).

Five days in and hungry.
    I am not cutting out chocolate as when I do this I simply end up miserable.

As I cut out White carbs that also means I end up cutting out agility like soft cheese, so there are ancilliary benefits.
    Eating smoked fish, soups, eggs. Eating lots of fruit and nuts (but always do).
    Only bread is wholemeal (fresh not processed) brown loaf.

Hope it goes well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

nuts can be bad if you wanna loose weight (afaik) as they contain huge amounts of calories compared to not nuts. approx 650 - 700 kc in 100g, compared to something like 100 g brown bread, which has about 200 kc

so taking the average male recomended kc of 2 - 2500 kc per day, you would be up to nearly half of that with one 150g bag of nuts.

Its a shame, cos I love nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

lennymc wrote: »
    nuts can be bad if you wanna loose weight (afaik) as they contain huge amounts of calories compared to not nuts. approx 650 - 700 kc in 100g, compared to something like 100 g brown bread, which has about 200 kc

so taking the average male recomended kc of 2 - 2500 kc per day, you would be up to nearly half of that with one 150g bag of nuts.

Its a shame, cos I love nuts.

You're due a visit from Mr. T

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭spiderman1885

I did the Slow Carb diet in January and lost 8/9kgs. Tim Ferris is the guy who 'created' it, it's in his book the 4 hour body.

Honestly felt a lot better by the end of, stronger, fitter & more energy. However, it's quite restrictive in terms of being social! Meant no meals out with the girlfriend except for the cheat day(the highlight of the diet, every Saturday eat as much junk as you can,you have to - to keep your metabolism going! It's brilliant)

Socially it isnt the best diet, the first week I ate my work lunch alone - couldnt stand looking at all the bread, rice, chips other people had!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

• Advertisement
Advertisement