Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Browser redirect!

• 16-02-2012 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭

I've got a Windows Vista SP2 running IE9. If I do a search in Google and then click on one of the results, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it redirects me. It seems to redirect to 109.206.185.165 first, and then to some page for phones or loans or other sort of ad etc.

The hosts file is fine, and I've done full scans with Symantec Endpoint Protection and the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ( in both normal and safe mode ) but they're not detecting anything. Kinda surprised, Malwarebytes has never let me down before.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,520 ✭✭✭irishgeo

jasonb wrote: »
    I've got a Windows Vista SP2 running IE9. If I do a search in Google and then click on one of the results, sometimes it's fine, sometimes it redirects me. It seems to redirect to 109.206.185.165 first, and then to some page for phones or loans or other sort of ad etc.

The hosts file is fine, and I've done full scans with Symantec Endpoint Protection and the latest version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware ( in both normal and safe mode ) but they're not detecting anything. Kinda surprised, Malwarebytes has never let me down before.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

J.

you checked for any toolbars in IE9.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

http://www.superantispyware.com/ get the free version, update and run a full scan.If you keep it installed goto preferences and untick start with windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Pretty certain there are no toolbars or anything obvious installed, but I'll double-check. I installed the latest SuperAntiSpyware & did a full scan and it found nothing!

J.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for that suggestion, but I ran the scan and it also found nothing.

It's very strange, I've come across viruses and spyware that could be detected but not removed, but I've never found one that I couldn't even detect, but was so obviously there.

I'm just going to wipe the PC and rebuild it, that'll take the day but definitely get rid of the issue.

Thanks again...

J.

• Advertisement
Advertisement