Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Professional Madness ?

Options
  • 16-02-2012 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

What was the idea of building another 300 + housing units in Hazelwood,

when there were hundreds of vacant units already in County Sligo...

is this just the peak of the madness that was going on around the

country, I see some very high profile FF people were going down this

road, by God I suspect they were thanking their collective good luck

that their colleagues tried to rip them off and delayed the building of

over 300 accommodation units .

http://www.sligochampion.ie/news/accountant-slammed-for-grave-deception-3014858.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

while you could turn this into a FF bashing thread i think if you look at the bigger picture here,the answer to your question is outright greed of the celtic tiger era is what was behind this proposed development.

And the accountant involved id say has to be the most crooked involved he set himself up as the fixer in a good few property deals including this one and sales which he has been involved with havent been that sucesful both in this county and others.

it goes to show when you have a set of people jumping on the propertry/developing bandwagon,that have no building expertease or know how things turn to disaster and end up costing the poor normal joe's in the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Its well needed there is a severe lack of housing in around town.I was looking for a place last year i found it awful difficult i had to move to Rosses Point.Them house's in county Sligo will never be filled either there all in Coolaney,Tubbercurry and Ballymote to far away from town.And with the cost petrol and motoring going up i expect a lot more house's around that area to be empty

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

wow that's some pretty damning stuff in there.

"Judge Sean Ryan ruled that accountant Kenneth Mcmoreland, acting with the authority of his partners in the accountancy firm Gilroy Gannon"

will gilroy gannon be pulled into this for that?

whole thing stinks of a load of greasy business men trying to rip each other off. the mcsharry dynasty must surely tarnished by the whole thing.

all that aside, the sahaen site is a real blemish and hazlewood house is in rag order and desperately needs work, that such an important historical house in a beautiful location has fallen into it's current state is very disappointing.

would the development have been built to high standard and not adveresly affected the woods and lake i don't know. but when you hear some of what happened i'd tend to think not, if they were trying to rip off that family then shortcuts and bad work would be almost inevitable. the lake is too small to be able to take much shocks to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Park Royal

Its well needed there is a severe lack of housing in around town.I was looking for a place last year i found it awful difficult i had to move to Rosses Point.Them house's in county Sligo will never be filled either there all in Coolaney,Tubbercurry and Ballymote to far away from town.And with the cost petrol and motoring going up i expect a lot more house's around that area to be empty

I note Daft.ie list 474 properties in Sligo town currently........

hardly call that a "severe lack of housing" ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

What will be the consequences for the MacSharrys and other 3rd parties? By consequences I mean financial!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Park Royal wrote: »
    I note Daft.ie list 474 properties in Sligo town currently........

hardly call that a "severe lack of housing" ?.

Really im just after looking there and i found 103 for rent with the majority in student area's

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭SligoLady

Really im just after looking there and i found 103 for rent with the majority in student area's

Don't want to throw the thread off track but the previous poster is referring to houses for sale and there is a huge oversupply there. Rental wise it's a poor time of year and not much on the market, come back in a couple of months when the students/ trainee doctors are moving and there'll be at least twice that amount available in Sligo town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

In that case we better build another housing estate, pronto.

Hope you don't mind being the only person living in it.

promethius wrote: »
    wow that's some pretty damning stuff in there.

"Judge Sean Ryan ruled that accountant Kenneth Mcmoreland, acting with the authority of his partners in the accountancy firm Gilroy Gannon"

will gilroy gannon be pulled into this for that?

It is am amazing business transaction.....everybody involved will have

reputations which they wish to protect....none more so than Gilroy Gannon

who have very good people working for them.....

it does highlight or raises the query as to what market research they did

as to whom these 300 odd housing units were going to be sold to.....in

a market already with hundreds of empty housing units and thousands of

empty housing units in every county...........were the principals as market

wise as one would have expected?....particularly such well placed

individuals !......"or was it a case of suck and see" a real punt.....?

Park Royal wrote: »
    It is am amazing business transaction.....everybody involved will have

reputations which they wish to protect....none more so than Gilroy Gannon

who have very good people working for them.....

it does highlight or raises the query as to what market research they did

as to whom these 300 odd housing units were going to be sold to.....in

a market already with hundreds of empty housing units and thousands of

empty housing units in every county...........were the principals as market

wise as one would have expected?....particularly such well placed

individuals !......"or was it a case of suck and see" a real punt.....?

market research :-)
    business plan done on the back of a beermat being at the height of the property madness back in 2006.
    sure if they'd asked the bank for a mill unsecured, they'd have asked did they need anymore upping their sales bonus. jesus when you think of it!

whatever's happened there's an ugly empty (huge!!) factory down there and hazlewood house is leaking. balls of a situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

You would have to ask why the the like of Ray MacSharry bother his arse at his age getting involved in something like this?its not as if he needs the money!....remind me again how many pensions the man has:rolleyes:

Here's a bit more......

is it me or is this article being very careful not to mention other names ???

other than Gilroy Gannon....what do they mean the original investors....

"The original promoters/ investors of the purchase were privy to the secret sub-sale arrangement and, for a time, had "a clear expectation" they would get a portion of the net €1.2m gain, he also found."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/macsharry-faces-claim-over-24m-property-loss-3036578.html

wow! what a mess! will be interesting to see what the judgement is, not too long to wait for something like that either. what a shower of snakes, one gets nailed and does his best to drag everything within arms reach down with him :D

Advertisement