Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pls HELP ME WITH MY EMPLOYER !!!!

Options
  • 16-02-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello,
    I started working in one of the Electrical shops few months ago I was very happy at the start until it came to my wages witch we get every month. Our wages suppose to come in same day every month and sometimes they do sometimes they don't. But this month I was left short of 22,5 hours So i rang companies accountant and he never gave me a straight answer about when he's gone pay me my money back (put it that way still waiting for 3rd week now) he keeps saying I will look into that.... pretty much f off in a nice way. I also purchased a computer that I didn't have the money for at the time so i decided to put it on to my account witch I get something taken off from my wages every month witch is fair but some months he would charge me for it some month he wouldn't. When I rang him today he said he is going to charge me double next time I get paid and I told him that it can not happen and he was having none of it he said he's gone do it anyway I did explain nicely to him that I have bills and rent to pay he kept insisting that it has to be done. I haven't received 2 payslips in the last 5 months or so.
    I also felt down from around 1.6m meters high and never claimed for anything cos I wouldn't be the type when my manager came up to see what happened to me cows there was a big bang he just said are u alrite I replied not broken anyway he just walked back on to the floor and that was forgotten.
    I also drive a fork lift witch is not in my job description neither I have a license to do that. Once I was lifting a pallet full of goods and it fell and got damaged my manager told me that I will have to pay but nothing happened after that it was just forgotten.
    Since I started working there there has never been a talk about my contract either so I don't know were i stand I mentioned it once and got no reply since that was 2 months ago.
    Also our roster problem our week starts on saturday. Our rosters sometimes even get done only on sunday and never ever two weeks in advance always just for that week and thats it. there is one manager in the shop and his assistant they seem to share their weekends off and us staff never get one I only had one weekend off since i am there and even at that I had to request it myself. Also we are rostered till 6 o'clock every evening but we never get out till at least 6.15 sometimes even 6.30 cows our managers just take there time counting money and locking up and u always get giving out to if u start turning stuff of at exactly 6 they also expect u to come in 15 minutes earlier in the morning and that 30 minutes every day u gift to the company u never get it back or get paid for it.
    Pleas have a read thru this and tell what should I do where do I stand or I am just over exadurating everything here?

THANK YOU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 clairebearxxx

hey

they have to pay you what you are owed. Write a letter and hand it in to them requesting what you are owed and keep a copy. You have now made it official complaint once you put pen to paper. Explain to them you are seeking what you are owed and if not you will be in contact with NERA( national employment rights authority). That should get them moving if not contact NERA. As regards the payments for the computer i have no idea thats being honest.
    They are required by law to provide you with a wageslip so include that in the letter. NERA can also advise you on this.
    In regards to using equipment you are not trained on i am actually shocked they are breaking so many health and safety laws its unreal. Contact your local h and s officer. Your accident should have been documented if not they are in major breach of health and safety.
    You also are required by law to be given a contract and to be paid for all hours you work. If you stay late you have to be paid if you are hourly paid if you are on salary then it is different. Dont let them do this to you so many places think that they can get away with this sort of thing because there are so little jobs out there that they think people should be lucky to have one type of concept. hope this helps you

Advertisement