Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tips on my throw

• 16-02-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi people i have been throwing darts for the past Year i use 26g Darts, some Days i can throw very straight and reach the T20 no problem,,,then next time ide play the Dart would sometimes flop in the air and only reach the small part of the 20. my Question is do i need to practice throwing the Dart Harder..does the power of the throw make a difference to keep them straight??, i see some people just lob them but yet they go straight. any help is appreciated as it annoys me so much i actually stop playing for weeks.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tonplus

A Bit more info would be Good..Your age for example..?Could it be possible your darts are to heavy and a lighter set might be in Order..??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dart Simpson

Tonplus wrote: »
    A Bit more info would be Good..Your age for example..?Could it be possible your darts are to heavy and a lighter set might be in Order..??

Hi I am 20 ive tried lighter darts but they wont stay straight,not many people play in my local so no point asking them hence why Im asking on here pal

• Registered Users Posts: 16 thepup

Have you tried using different length stems and different shaped flights? Shorter darts are usually easier to control so should hopefully go where you want them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It sounds like a few things are going on.

The first thing you need to ask yourself is 'exactly how am I throwing/holding the dart when I am throwing well?'.

What you are going to find is that as you get tired/distracted that:

You may be holding the dart in a different place.

Your arm/elbow may not be lining up correctly.

You may be standing in a different spot on the oche.

Are you following through with each dart?

I know a few people who used to tape themselves when they were practicing. I thought that was a bit odd at first, but it allowed them to see where they had altered their stance/arm movement.

Darts are all about concentration and focus. You need to get to a place where everything becomes second nature. This happens by practicing correctly...with every dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭pudzy

im not a expert, but i had same prob.. you got to get into a rythem and throw darts same way every time... forget what score your getting for a while. just practice on your technique, and your release.. let the darts flow, this i think is one of the most important things in darts..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dart Simpson

Thanks for the Replys Guys some good points there

Advertisement