Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a bus from Dublin to Drogheda on Sat night...

Options
  • 16-02-2012 3:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Going to be in Dublin at the weekend. By the looks of it, I won't make the 10 O' Clock Matthews bus which would drop me outside my house in Grange Rath, and I'd have loads of time before the 12 o clock bus left. Was looking at Bus Eireann buses that go to Drogheda, but I was wondering where they drop off along the Dublin road? Any chance they stop near Southgate or Deepforde? Anyone any experience with buses around that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

The 101 stops at the old Europa hotel/Moorehall building site. I know they did run buses at 11pm before that got to Drogheda at about midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

some bus drivers would be nice and let ye off if you ask.
    say it to him/her as you are getting on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

There's a bus stop at Deepforde if I remember. As event said, they're generally very good at letting people off once it's safe to stop.

Edit: Teamshadowclan, there's isn't a lot of choice of buses with BE....10pm and 11pm is all they have on Saturdays ex Dublin!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Cool, thanks guys.

Gipi, 11 should be fine tbh. We're going to be finished around 10:20 and will be on O'Connell Street so we should be able to walk down and hit the bus station for 11.

Anyone know if the bus station itself closes or anything? If we're there a bit before the bus leaves, is there a warm place to sit and wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

TSC,

It's a while since I got a late 101, but I recall from way back that after 8pm, the buses leave from within the station itself, rather than on the side of the station (near the luas stop).

Almost got caught out the first evening I went for the 8pm, 2 mins to go, no sign of a bus at the regular stop.....I went into the station to ask and spotted the bus almost ready to go!!

So you should be fine for somewhere to sit & hang around....if you're really early, Robert Reade's pub is just across the plaza......;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement