Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iMessage for OSX

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Thanks very much. A much needed program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shanemangan

This is great, I'll give it a go anyway as the man says!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Its been a long time coming but great to have it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

At least they aren't keeping it locked down to the new OS, which is fantastic.

I'm still on Snow Leopard, and don't feel like moving any time soon! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

eeloe wrote: »

Don't I did and regret it ever since :(

Can you not down grade from lion to SL?

I would like to update for the sake of staying up to date, but it's just too unreliable for any of the software I use on a daily basis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No, you'd have to do a clean install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

First impressions are good anyway. Its fast to sync when you swap and change between the other iOS devices while messaging the same person. One oddity though it that I have it set to sit in the status bar at the top. No matter what I click to change the status to, the icon and status at the top remains as offline.

If I go to the dock and check, its coming up at available. So theres a mismatch. Otherwise working grand.

If I get an imessage from someone through to my phone and I havent started a conversation on the Mac Message with them before, it doesnt come near the mac, just to the phone. Is that normal? I think it is anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

No, you'd have to do a clean install.

How do you do a clean install of lion?I bought mine via the app store so I don't have a disk?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

fox007 wrote: »
    How do you do a clean install of lion?I bought mine via the app store so I don't have a disk?

Well, if you are trying to downgrade to SL you wouldn't be doing a clean install of Lion, you'd be doing a clean install of SL using the install disc. A clean install of Lion can be done by using the Lion Recovery partition that all new Macs have (if you have an older Mac you create one using the Lion Recovery Disk Assistant) or by burning the dmg of Lion to a disc or USB drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I'm on snow leopard and I tried to install it but it says it needed the most up to date version :confused: I'm gutted too, I use imessages all the time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

It needs 10.7.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Pretty good so far, can't wait for the whole update, will be nice to be able to sync with other devices, notes especially for me anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

They are and if you want to test the beta you'll need 10.7.x :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

mathepac wrote: »
    They are and if you want to test the beta you'll need 10.7.x :(

Not only that it now transpires that it will be removed from Lion when Mountain Lion is released.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

There's a beta of Mountain Lion on the Apple site right now plus new versions of Xcode, etc. Apparently these are available to registered developers.

Will I need to be on lion to eventually upgrade to mountain lion?

Yes. Although, as with Lion, you'll probably be able to buy ML on a thumb drive for €60.

Advertisement