Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to New Zealand 10,000???

Options
  • 16-02-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

My 17yr old wants to go to NZ (wellington I think) from June to August for a holiday staying with relatives who live their..
    Just looking at flights on ebookers and being quoted between 8,000 and 10,000 euro. Surely this cant be right!
    Anyone know where best to search for flights from Dub? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Doublechinlolz

I'm not the person to ask, but that's more than likely wrong somewhere. I was looking at Emirates the other day for flights to Australia, and they were €899.40 and first class was in around €6,000 so you've more than likely gone wrong somewhere there, or else it could be a different currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭jonnysimples

Kayak has some for under a grand return:

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/DUB-WLG/2012-06-01/2012-08-01

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Orbitz.com have a flight for $1,513, but 42 hours in total between flights and stopovers, the shortest flight I saw was 30 hours but cost $7,206/

$1,513 Total cost
    Select. No booking fees1 +Price Assurance2 . Flight details Leave
    Wed, Jun 6 9:20 AM
    Dublin
    DUB 2:30 PM
    Wellington
    WLG 2 stops
    42hr 10min
    total time Etihad Airways 42 / 450 / 4416
    Seat map Flight 4416 Operated by Air New Zealand
    This flight arrives two (2) days later. .

. Return
    Wed, Aug 22 3:35 PM
    Wellington
    WLG 2:25 PM
    Dublin
    DUB 2 stops
    33hr 50min
    total time Etihad Airways 4443 / 455 / 41
    Seat map Flight 4443 Operated by Air New Zealand
    This is an overnight flight. .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Ais77

I've been researching flights myself as I plan to travel there in the summer and Ethiad seem to be the best at the moment with €807 return! They go the most direct Dublin> Abu Dhabi> Sydney> Auckland

http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/etihad/IE/en/home/pages/home.aspx

Look into round the world ticket with usit or trailfinders. Will definitely be cheaper than that

• Advertisement
Advertisement