Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Van insurance - 22yr old

Options
  • 16-02-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for comm insurance for my 99 VW Caddy 1.9sdi
    I have 2yrs ncd on own private car, 4yrs full license, no claims/points etc.

What are good companies for younger drivers on commercials?

I have come across Wrightway through quotedevil and insuremyvan with a lowest of €830. Can one access them directly or only through brokers?

Cheers!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 69 Verified rep QuoteDevil: Graham

Hi all,

Looking for comm insurance for my 99 VW Caddy 1.9sdi
    I have 2yrs ncd on own private car, 4yrs full license, no claims/points etc.

What are good companies for younger drivers on commercials?

I have come across Wrightway through quotedevil and insuremyvan with a lowest of €830. Can one access them directly or only through brokers?

Cheers!

Give Rob or Saq in QuoteDevil a call on 01 2541300 by close of business tomorrow to set up the policy and mention Boards.ie and they will give you an additional discount! (Wrightway only deal through Brokers)

Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭db330

setanta are great value for commercial drivers, i'm 21 and insured on a 3.2 pajero cheaper than most other companies would insure me on a small car

db330 wrote: »
    setanta are great value for commercial drivers, i'm 21 and insured on a 3.2 pajero cheaper than most other companies would insure me on a small car

We are finding that a lot recently - van insurance is often cheaper than car insurance but it depends on the type ogf car / van.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

We are finding that a lot recently - van insurance is often cheaper than car insurance but it depends on the type ogf car / van.

Does it vary much within van type? For example, Would a transit connect be cheaper than a VW Caddy?

Does it vary much within van type? For example, Would a transit connect be cheaper than a VW Caddy?

Yes it normally depends on the size of the van (carrying capacity) so a small car van in cheaper to insure than something like a transit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

As a 22 year old who drives vans:

My recent quote was €714 for the year. Petrol Bravo van

When I was 18, a Bravo TD100 was €600 to insure
    A Ducato Maxi (1.8 Tonne payload) was €2.8k for the same year

Its all about the space and what the van can hold.

Open to corrections but afaik the vehicle insurance part is secondary, its the goods it can carry that's mainly covered.

Don't forget declaration for commercial use, vat/pps number etc for taxing purposes :)

Just got a quote from insuremyvan.ie
    Came in just under €500 for third party which I am very happy with.

Just got a quote from insuremyvan.ie
    Came in just under €500 for third party which I am very happy with.

Did you get a quote from us?

Did you get a quote from us?

Yes 830 was what I got online. If you think you can do better, send me a pm.

Yes 830 was what I got online. If you think you can do better, send me a pm.

We do not give Van quotes on line so you are mixing us up with another company!

• Advertisement

We do not give Van quotes on line so you are mixing us up with another company!

I filled out the online quote form and they rang me with the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Iansheridan

edited at the request of a mod

Got insured with InsureMyVan via Aviva for €472 in the end third party.

Advertisement