Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pajero 2.5 swb

• 16-02-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

well lads and ladies was looking in to buying one of these maybe a 94 to 98 one short wheel base can any one tell me much about them??
    the good and the bad? im farming and pulling trailers with a passat its to hard on it and i want the jeep to travel road to double up as a car and work vehicle... what are they like on diesel??? all help and advice appreciated thanks!!!

heres one.... http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/commercials/3014167

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

try to pick up one of the 2.8t diesel versions.

i have a 05 pajero sport 2.5 and i find it ok. I have it 4 years and no trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

The old fella has a 98 2.8 reliable but a pig on fuel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 shot_ov_a

have a 95 2.8 with 427,000km meself hard ran but never any bother with it its been well serviced and starts 1st turn, great on land aswel wit decent tyres drove afew of the 2.5s and found them very dead, your gona notice a big dif in the fuel consumption of the passat and any jeep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

shot_ov_a wrote: »
    your gona notice a big diff in the fuel consumption of the passat and any jeep

+1

We have the 2.5 version. Great little jeep. Reliable and well spec'd. Match her to the right size trailer and your laughing.

Oh and be prepared to start driving under 40mph from here on in..... unless your an oil barren !

Seriously consider the running costs and if you can live with them.

I wouldn't rule out the swb suzuki Vitara 2.0L. Would be a good entry level jeep and a good compromise between pulling duties and fuel economy.

Advertisement